Why are there two member websites?

BobH

DIS Veteran
Could someone give me a quick explanation why there is a Disneyvacationclub.com website and a dvcmember website with "almost" identical information? Thanks. I logged in for the first time in a long time and had trouble getting points activity off the dvcmember.com site. Sorry if this is an obvious question. I haven't been able to keep up with all the changes due to family responsibilities. A chat member redirected me to the vacation club site to get to my points activity - aren't both sites the same as far as membership info is concerned after you log in? Thanks

There is now only one site as dvcmember.com redirects to disneyvacationclub.com. The member specific information can be found under the 'Plan Vacations' and 'My DVC Membership' drop down menus (which require you to log on to view).

Thanks for your help. I was confused by the fact that the chat room person said I should use the Disneyvacationclub site not the dvcmember site when in fact I had been automatically redirected. It appears my real problem was that the site was operating as slow as molasses at the time of my log in so I could not access what I was looking for. Thank you again for pointing out the way it works.

You will find out quickly, if you haven't already, that the website is usually experiencing problems of some kind or another. Don't ever count on it to work as expected. One would think that in 2015, a company like Disney, should be able to operate a reliable website, but for some reason, the DVC website always seems to have problems.

You will find out quickly, if you haven't already, that the website is usually experiencing problems of some kind or another. Don't ever count on it to work as expected. One would think that in 2015, a company like Disney, should be able to operate a reliable website, but for some reason, the DVC website always seems to have problems.

So true! I can't get any of my membership information to pull up this morning. It just keeps taking me back to the promotional pages. I made several reservations last night. The confirmations were't emailed to me, and I can't assess my reservations online. A bit frustrating.

I complained to member services by email that the existence of two websites was confusing and that my problem accessing my point activity seemed to be related to a poorly running website more than anything else. I actually got a return phone call but unfortunately I was not home. I called the Disney rep back and naturally got her voicemail. I left her a message that my experience with the website was less than magical.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter