Why are there no longer any Resort christmas ornaments?

I'm sure it gives Disney the ability to move merchandise around for replenishment reasons much easier since you can now buy much of the same stuff in every store.

It's got to make it hard on some of the smaller stores in more obscure locations since they are pretty much selling the same things as those that are on main street or any other high profile area, Yes I know its all Disney and the money at the end of the day all pretty much ends up at the same place but its got to be hard for Managers etc of these smaller stores to keep up sales numbers.

I imagine impulse purchasing at WDW is huge especially with the ability to easily charge things to your room so why they are not putting resort/park/location specific items everywhere confuses me.

I'm with everyone else on the demise of resort-specific merchandise. The last time I looked, the Poly and Wilderness Lodge were still fighting the good fight, but I fear they'll fall in line soon, if not already.

There is one thing we can all do, and it's not very well-known.

If you're staying on property, on your check-out day, head down to the lobby in the morning. Starting at about 7am, there are survey takers, getting input on all sorts of things. Even more than the postcard surveys, these in-lobby surveys are paid attention to. They're done on lap-top computers, so your input is not filtered by a survey-taker. Just be sure to answer questions with something other than the most-positive answer, so that the system will bring up the "what can we do to satisfy you?" screen. If you give a question a 5 out of 5, they'll assume you're entirely happy and not ask for more details.

Take the time to go down and make your voice heard, but you need to go early - once they hit a magic number of surveys on a given day, they're done. Chances are that they'll be gone by 9, often earlier than that.

I don't know for sure that this is done at all resorts, but I'm pretty sure it's done at all the deluxes, at least. And they're the ones most likely to have their own merchandise.

I'm beginning to think WDW is adopting the business ideology of Henry Ford when he once stated, " Any customer can have a car painted any colour that he wants so long as it is black." :lmao:

Heard somewhere that Wilderness Lodge merchandise sold so well it would be continuing. Other resorts are not so lucky.

I used to buy magnets for the resorts, and pins - that and the Haunted Mansion were about the only things I bought pins for. Do they not even have pins for resorts anymore?

Some of our favorite souvenirs have the wilderness lodge brand on them. I hope they will reconsider.

We will be arriving at the Wilderness Lodge on the 29 so we will see what they have!!

Heard somewhere that Wilderness Lodge merchandise sold so well it would be continuing. Other resorts are not so lucky.

I used to buy magnets for the resorts, and pins - that and the Haunted Mansion were about the only things I bought pins for. Do they not even have pins for resorts anymore?

I was in Animal Kingdom today and they were selling the resorts trading pins at the outside pin trading cart, located in front of the Tree of Life on the left hand side facing the tree.

On our past trips to Disney, we spent so much money on resort specific souveniers...it was actually crazy but, we couldn't help it, especially during our stay at the GF. This year we came home with so much money; I spent 1/4 of what I had in the past. I just didn't see anything that was appealling...now I know why.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter