Why are Republicans so stupid?

jocon said:
:love2: Just kidding...I just wanted to get a rise out of DawnCt1 and
Tigger Magic....... Those political debates are just out of control!

Have a zip-a-dee-doo-da-day!

No matter what you think of me, its nice to be thought of. Thanks! ;) :flower:

scubamouse said:
why are republicans so stupid :rotfl:

they LOVE the patriot act
they forgive ALL errors by W
they get all bunched about happy holidays but give W a pass on his cards
they *know* Saddam and OBL are frat brothers
oh and most of them think Catholics aren't Christians

anything else :rotfl:

see ya in a week :moped:

that should be enough fodder to keep this one alive until dawn checks in :earboy2:

lol!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :banana: :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2:

mommyoeo said:
Conservative checking in here! Not so certain I am a repub, although I'd probably die before voting dem. :rotfl: ...anyhow, what is the W Christmas card thing? I must have missed that...

The White House Christmas card says "Happy Holidays" instead of "Merry Christmas", but it does quote a verse from the Old Testament (can't remember which one).

sbclifton said:
The White House Christmas card says "Happy Holidays" instead of "Merry Christmas", but it does quote a verse from the Old Testament (can't remember which one).

Of course, the "old" testament, before Christ was born!
Guess he can't call it a Christmas tree if he doesnt believe in Christ :rolleyes:

LakeAriel said:
Guess he can't call it a Christmas tree if he doesnt believe in Christ :rolleyes:
Maybe ol' W's converting to Judaism...Lord knows the Republicans need all the help they can get these days!!

LakeAriel said:

Well, maybe they will hang an ornament on the burning bush. :rolleyes:

(was that old testament enough? :rotfl: )

Note- that was lowercase burning bush not uppercase burning Bush.

Laugh O. Grams said:
Maybe ol' W's converting to Judaism...Lord knows the Republicans need all the help they can get these days!!

Hey if Kerry can suddenly become Jewish, anyone can.

I don't see what the big deal is about a "holiday" card. Is he supposed to get a bunch of cards with different greetings for the different religions? Is the White House supposed to call each recipient and ask which card they want to receive? Honestly....he'd doing enough stupid things. There is plenty to choose from, why do people focus on this?? :confused3

AllyandJack said:
Hey if Kerry can suddenly become Jewish, anyone can.

I don't see what the big deal is about a "holiday" card. Is he supposed to get a bunch of cards with different greetings for the different religions? Is the White House supposed to call each recipient and ask which card they want to receive? Honestly....he'd doing enough stupid things. There is plenty to choose from, why do people focus on this?? :confused3

Kerry is Catholic, not Jewish. He was Baptized and attends Mass. You can't be both. He had relatives that were Jewish. My Father was Protestant, I am not. Simple. :rolleyes:

LakeAriel said:
Kerry is Catholic, not Jewish. He was Baptized and attends Mass. You can't be both. He had relatives that were Jewish. My Father was Protestant, I am not. Simple. :rolleyes:

Maybe this didn't make the national news.....awhile back, Kerry came out saying he was Jewish...or part Jewish...or some other equally silly statement about someone in his family being Jewish and, therefore, he was, as well.

Why are Democrats so stupid? I hear Howie Dean is surrendering to the terrorists.

BTW, speaking of Kerry -- anyone know where I can get his Christmas in Cambodia CD?

JoeEpcotRocks said:
BTW, speaking of Kerry -- anyone know where I can get his Christmas in Cambodia CD?

:rotfl: :rotfl:

BTW, I hope in the middle of all of this friendly political prodding (not really a debate here), we all realize that Republicans and Democrats need each to keep things balanced, especially when one side gets too far left or right of the center.

AllyandJack said:
Maybe this didn't make the national news.....awhile back, Kerry came out saying he was Jewish...or part Jewish...or some other equally silly statement about someone in his family being Jewish and, therefore, he was, as well.

To be Jewish is to practice Judaism, it is not a nationality. He said he had a family member (I think it was his father) who was Jewish and then converted to Catholicism.
He himself has always been Catholic.

JoeEpcotRocks said:
Why are Democrats so stupid? I hear Howie Dean is surrendering to the terrorists.

'I heard they tried to get little George W to sing a little ditty but they couldn't find him. He was hiding out behind Daddy. He should have applied for a deferrment as a substance abuser. Maybe he did! :scared:

'I heard they tried to get little George W to sing a little ditty but they couldn't find him. He was hiding out behind Daddy. He should have applied for a deferrment as a substance abuser. Maybe he did! :scared:

I hear Howie Dean is surrendering to the terrorists.

Obviously, some could not keep up with the friendly track that had been going on here.
:confused3

LakeAriel said:
To be Jewish is to practice Judaism, it is not a nationality. He said he had a family member (I think it was his father) who was Jewish and then converted to Catholicism.
He himself has always been Catholic.

John Kerry's Jewish Roots

Even the best friends of Senator John Forbes Kerry, a practicing Catholic from Massachusetts (the state which contains America’s largest Irish Catholic population), thought of him as an American Irish Catholic through and through.

The discovery of Kerry’s European Jewish roots has surprised many people, including the senator himself.

Benedikt Kohn (Great-Grandfather)

Benedikt Kohn, the great-grandfather of Senator John Kerry, was born about 1824 in southern Moravia. Benedikt was successful as a master brewer of beer.

In 1868, after the death of his first wife, he moved to Bennisch (today called Horni Benesov) and married Mathilde Frankel Kohn. Benedikt and Mathilde Kohn were two of the only 27 Jews living in Bennisch, which is listed as having a total population of 4,200, in 1880.

Soon after Benedikt died in 1876, Mathilde moved to Vienna with her children Ida (7), Friedrich "Fritz" (3) and Otto (newborn).

Fritz Kohn/Fred Kerry (Grandfather)

Fritz and Otto excelled in their studies in Vienna. However, like other Jews, they suffered greatly from the anti-Semitism that prevailed in Europe at this time. As a result, both Kohn brothers abandoned their Jewish heritage and converted to Roman Catholicism.

In addition, in 1897, Otto decided to shed the Jewish-sounding name of Kohn. He chose a new name by dropping a pencil on a map. The pencil landed on Ireland's County Kerry. In 1901, Fritz followed his brother’s example and officially changed his name to Frederick Kerry.

Fred, who worked as an accountant at his uncle's shoe factory, married Ida Loewe, a Jewish musician from Budapest. Ida was a descendant of Sinai Loew, a brother of Rabbi Judah Loew, the famous Kabbalist, philosopher and Talmudist known as the "Maharal of Prague" who some say invented the character of the Golem. Two of Ida's siblings, Otto Loewe and Jenni Loewe, were killed in Nazi concentration camps.

Fred, Ida and their first son Erich were all baptized as Catholics. And in 1905, the young family immigrated to America. After entering through Ellis Island, the family first lived in Chicago and then settled in Boston. Fred and Ida had two more children in America, Mildred (1910) and Richard (1915).

Fred and Ida and their three children lived in Brookline, where Fred became a prominent man in the shoe business and regularly attended Sunday Catholic church services. Fred did not tell and no one would have guessed that the family had Jewish roots.

In 1921, Fred Kerry, at age 48, entered a Boston hotel and shot himself in the head. Some say the suicide was due to financial stress or depression. Perhaps the transition from Czech Jew to American Catholic was too great and unsupported a spiritual, psychological and social change.

Richard Kerry (Father)

Richard was six years old when his father committed suicide. It has been said that he dealt with the tragedy by ignoring it. Richard attended Phillips Academy, Yale University and Harvard Law School. After serving in the U.S. Army Air Corps, Kerry worked in the U.S. Department of State and later the Foreign Service.

He married Rosemary Forbes, the beneficiary of the Forbes family trusts. The Forbes family amassed a huge fortune in China trade.

Richard and Rosemary had four children: Margery (1941), John (1943), Diana (1947) and Cameron (1950). John, a Massachusetts Senator, is the 2004 Democratic Nominee for President. Cameron, who married a Jewish woman and converted to Judaism in 1983, is a prominent Boston lawyer.

John Forbes Kerry

In 1997 Secretary of State Madeleine Albright learned three of her four grandparents were Jewish. Then Wesley Clark announced that his father was Jewish. And now a researcher has discovered that John Kerry is really John Kohn.

So what if John Kerry has Jewish roots? If the discovery had been made in Europe in the 1940’s, Kerry would have been sent to a Nazi concentration camp. If the discovery had been made in America in the 1950’s, Kerry’s political career would have been negatively affected. Today, however, the discovery of Kerry’s Jewish roots seems inconsequential and unlikely to affect the 2004 presidential race.

The story of Kerry’s Jewish past is of interest because it reflects the story of many European Jews who shed their Jewish heritage en route to America at the turn of the century. The story makes one wonder how many Americans today have Jewish roots of which they are unaware.

Judge Smails said:
John Kerry's Jewish Roots

Even the best friends of Senator John Forbes Kerry, a practicing Catholic from Massachusetts (the state which contains America’s largest Irish Catholic population), thought of him as an American Irish Catholic through and through.

The discovery of Kerry’s European Jewish roots has surprised many people, including the senator himself.

Benedikt Kohn (Great-Grandfather)

Benedikt Kohn, the great-grandfather of Senator John Kerry, was born about 1824 in southern Moravia. Benedikt was successful as a master brewer of beer.

In 1868, after the death of his first wife, he moved to Bennisch (today called Horni Benesov) and married Mathilde Frankel Kohn. Benedikt and Mathilde Kohn were two of the only 27 Jews living in Bennisch, which is listed as having a total population of 4,200, in 1880.

Soon after Benedikt died in 1876, Mathilde moved to Vienna with her children Ida (7), Friedrich "Fritz" (3) and Otto (newborn).

Fritz Kohn/Fred Kerry (Grandfather)

Fritz and Otto excelled in their studies in Vienna. However, like other Jews, they suffered greatly from the anti-Semitism that prevailed in Europe at this time. As a result, both Kohn brothers abandoned their Jewish heritage and converted to Roman Catholicism.

In addition, in 1897, Otto decided to shed the Jewish-sounding name of Kohn. He chose a new name by dropping a pencil on a map. The pencil landed on Ireland's County Kerry. In 1901, Fritz followed his brother’s example and officially changed his name to Frederick Kerry.

Fred, who worked as an accountant at his uncle's shoe factory, married Ida Loewe, a Jewish musician from Budapest. Ida was a descendant of Sinai Loew, a brother of Rabbi Judah Loew, the famous Kabbalist, philosopher and Talmudist known as the "Maharal of Prague" who some say invented the character of the Golem. Two of Ida's siblings, Otto Loewe and Jenni Loewe, were killed in Nazi concentration camps.

Fred, Ida and their first son Erich were all baptized as Catholics. And in 1905, the young family immigrated to America. After entering through Ellis Island, the family first lived in Chicago and then settled in Boston. Fred and Ida had two more children in America, Mildred (1910) and Richard (1915).

Fred and Ida and their three children lived in Brookline, where Fred became a prominent man in the shoe business and regularly attended Sunday Catholic church services. Fred did not tell and no one would have guessed that the family had Jewish roots.

In 1921, Fred Kerry, at age 48, entered a Boston hotel and shot himself in the head. Some say the suicide was due to financial stress or depression. Perhaps the transition from Czech Jew to American Catholic was too great and unsupported a spiritual, psychological and social change.

Richard Kerry (Father)

Richard was six years old when his father committed suicide. It has been said that he dealt with the tragedy by ignoring it. Richard attended Phillips Academy, Yale University and Harvard Law School. After serving in the U.S. Army Air Corps, Kerry worked in the U.S. Department of State and later the Foreign Service.

He married Rosemary Forbes, the beneficiary of the Forbes family trusts. The Forbes family amassed a huge fortune in China trade.

Richard and Rosemary had four children: Margery (1941), John (1943), Diana (1947) and Cameron (1950). John, a Massachusetts Senator, is the 2004 Democratic Nominee for President. Cameron, who married a Jewish woman and converted to Judaism in 1983, is a prominent Boston lawyer.

John Forbes Kerry

In 1997 Secretary of State Madeleine Albright learned three of her four grandparents were Jewish. Then Wesley Clark announced that his father was Jewish. And now a researcher has discovered that John Kerry is really John Kohn.

So what if John Kerry has Jewish roots? If the discovery had been made in Europe in the 1940’s, Kerry would have been sent to a Nazi concentration camp. If the discovery had been made in America in the 1950’s, Kerry’s political career would have been negatively affected. Today, however, the discovery of Kerry’s Jewish roots seems inconsequential and unlikely to affect the 2004 presidential race.

The story of Kerry’s Jewish past is of interest because it reflects the story of many European Jews who shed their Jewish heritage en route to America at the turn of the century. The story makes one wonder how many Americans today have Jewish roots of which they are unaware.

Being Jewish is not about *roots really.Halacha(Jewish Law) is very simple. According to halacha one is Jewish if they are the child of a Jewish mother or if they convert according to Jewish law..
One can practice Judaism and not be a Jew(like me) One can be a Jew and not practice Judaism
From Judaism 101
A Jew is any person whose mother was a Jew or any person who has gone through the formal process of conversion to Judaism.

It is important to note that being a Jew has nothing to do with what you believe or what you do. A person born to non-Jewish parents who has not undergone the formal process of conversion but who believes everything that Orthodox Jews believe and observes every law and custom of Judaism is still a non-Jew, even in the eyes of the most liberal movements of Judaism, and a person born to a Jewish mother who is an atheist and never practices the Jewish religion is still a Jew, even in the eyes of the ultra-Orthodox. In this sense, Judaism is more like a nationality than like other religions, and being Jewish is like a citizenship. See What Is Judaism?

This has been established since the earliest days of Judaism. In the Torah, you will see many references to "the strangers who dwell among you" or "righteous proselytes" or "righteous strangers." These are various classifications of non-Jews who lived among Jews, adopting some or all of the beliefs and practices of Judaism without going through the formal process of conversion and becoming Jews. Once a person has converted to Judaism, he is not referred to by any special term; he is as much a Jew as anyone born Jewish.

Oh My Gosh LOL So Funny Make Me Cry Of Laughter LOL Rotfl Oh Boy After Laughing Comes Bath Room Ok Be Right Back He He :p

I don't agree with her politics, but DawnCT rocks because she regularly supports and plugs my local economy with her siggie.

JennyMominRI said:
Being Jewish is not about *roots really.Halacha(Jewish Law) is very simple. According to halacha one is Jewish if they are the child of a Jewish mother or if they convert according to Jewish law..
One can practice Judaism and not be a Jew(like me) One can be a Jew and not practice Judaism
From Judaism 101
A Jew is any person whose mother was a Jew or any person who has gone through the formal process of conversion to Judaism.

It is important to note that being a Jew has nothing to do with what you believe or what you do. A person born to non-Jewish parents who has not undergone the formal process of conversion but who believes everything that Orthodox Jews believe and observes every law and custom of Judaism is still a non-Jew, even in the eyes of the most liberal movements of Judaism, and a person born to a Jewish mother who is an atheist and never practices the Jewish religion is still a Jew, even in the eyes of the ultra-Orthodox. In this sense, Judaism is more like a nationality than like other religions, and being Jewish is like a citizenship. See What Is Judaism?

This has been established since the earliest days of Judaism. In the Torah, you will see many references to "the strangers who dwell among you" or "righteous proselytes" or "righteous strangers." These are various classifications of non-Jews who lived among Jews, adopting some or all of the beliefs and practices of Judaism without going through the formal process of conversion and becoming Jews. Once a person has converted to Judaism, he is not referred to by any special term; he is as much a Jew as anyone born Jewish.

That is your belief IF YOU ARE JEWISH (the child of a Jewish Mother is automatically Jewish) If you are not Jewish that is not your belief..Since John Kerry is not Jewish but the ancester of Jews he is still a Roman Catholic not a Jew practicing Catholicism. My former sister in law was Catholic though her Mother was Jewish. Her daughter, my neice, is also a Baptized Catholic. She is Russian as is her Grandparents, not Jewish.

tiberius said:
Obviously, some could not keep up with the friendly track that had been going on here.
:confused3

You forgot the quote I responded to, the one where Kerry was called a traitor, though he's a Vietnam war hero.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter