Why are luggage tags at front desk? Mail?

lmhall2000

May the road rise to meet you....May God hold you
We travel in 4 weeks, I received an email today saying we get special luggage tags with our package, but we pick them up at hotel- why would they not send them to us to use before we fly?? 418628

Hmm, did you get MBs mailed to you?

They normally come in the box with the MBs when you are on a Package. Sounds like a way to save money.

Dave

Hmm, did you get MBs mailed to you?

They normally come in the box with the MBs when you are on a Package. Sounds like a way to save money.

Dave

I was able to order MB when we booked back in May- it had a letter in it saying luggage tags would be mailed about 4 weeks prior to arrival. So odd??

That is odd. There’s still a possibility they will be in your MB box - which you should receive soon.

I’m Canadian so we don’t have magicbands mailed to us. Years ago they used to mail us the luggage tags as part of a package, but they haven’t mailed them now in about two or three years. It’s kind of dumb and pointless to pick them up at the front desk. I don’t know why they bother.

That is odd. There’s still a possibility they will be in your MB box - which you should receive soon.
I received our Magic Bands 8 weeks ago, no luggage tags- just the letter saying they would come later. Now, this email contradicts that message.???

So you can use the luggage tags on the way home. It saves Disney money.

Dave

I don’t think many people would take off their luggage tags and change them to Disney luggage tags when they’re just about to head home.

Anyways, if Disney wants to save money, they should stop sending those booklets that tell all about the parks. Every time I book a package or change the dates of my package I get one. I can see how it might be helpful to first timers, but for many, it’s overkill.

I received that same email from Disney. It came with my payment confirmation that my TA forwarded to me. However, about a week later I received the luggage tags in the mail along with our magic bands. Our trip is in two weeks.

I received that same email from Disney. It came with my payment confirmation that my TA forwarded to me. However, about a week later I received the luggage tags in the mail along with our magic bands. Our trip is in two weeks.
I guess there’s hope, I thought it odd that I had only put down a $200 deposit on our trip for the 5 of us, but they mailed our Magic Band order before we paid in full...two of ours were special order bands, we’ve had them 8 weeks now...

You've received 2 different notices - the notice with your Magic Bands are the yellow luggage tags that are to be put on your luggage so the ME takes your bags. The one you have on this post are for the collector name tags that you put your name and address on your suitcases to identify them. ( Most airlines want you to have these on your luggage in case they get lost.)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter