• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Why are CVS Extra bucks such a pain...??

20 dawn dish washing detergents 19.90

How long does that many last?

That would probably last me a year....but maybe less if I find creative uses for them or give them to family.

They dont go bad....so why not stock up!

Some people actually wash their laundry with dish washing soap (I know there was a thread here awhile back about it.) I sell extras at my annual garage sale and trip to the flea market. I can get $1 a bottle for them.

Hi guys!
Sorry, but the coupons? Where do you get them for the money off of a certain amount? Thank you

I am not sure, I think they are the smaller bottles. I'll give some away to my Great Aunt and my Grandparents. I also use it to wash the siding on my house. One bottle makes my white siding nice and pretty again :)

I am mostly buying that item and that many to max out my return $$ wise. That was one of the few P&G items that had a coupon out there. At 50 cents off per bottle, that worked out to be the best deal :)

Hi everyone!!
I have been "lurking" for awhile on the whole CVS thing. I think I get it pretty well, but where would I get the coupons you all talk about? The 4/20 and so on?
Thank you so much!!
Heather

Hi guys!
Sorry, but the coupons? Where do you get them for the money off of a certain amount? Thank you

The CVS weekly threads here on the Budget Board have the links to the CVS website and all the $4/20, $3/$15 coupons. :)

Hi guys!

You can also find a shopping list on couponmom that matches up sales and coupons for CVS, Walgreen's and state by state list of some groceries. At the top of the CVS list you can find the save $4 on 20 links......

As for the Dawn for laundry I've used it as a sort of a degreaser to get Ag oil out of clothes.

I had a little laugh tonight at CVS. Here I was grabbing a cart and saw the ads were in the cart including the monthly one. My boss always gives me $$ to pick up individual candies for our office. I noticed there was a coupon for $1 off of Valentine Hershey minis but wasn't sure the York heart shaped peppermint patties were included so since there was no line I asked the cashier. She leans over and really studies the coupon and I think we both realized at the same time that coupon was from Walgreen's monthly booklet. :rotfl: Sooooooooo after I got my Mt Dew/Dorito deal at CVS I drove across the street and bought my candy for work at Walgreen's.

Thank you so much!! I went to CVS for the first time today!! I am happy with my purchases and savings!! Another question though. I have read about people having multiple cards, is that allowed? The lady at the register told me I could not open one for myself AND one for my husband?
Too bad, I would have loved to get that pepsi deal twice!!

Thank you so much!! I went to CVS for the first time today!! I am happy with my purchases and savings!! Another question though. I have read about people having multiple cards, is that allowed? The lady at the register told me I could not open one for myself AND one for my husband?

I have a card for myself (which I've had for a good while) and then recently got a second card, also for myself, in order to take advantage of the Pepsi, Fructis, and Soy Joy deals. I keep track of both now.

When I signed up, all they wanted was my name (I used middle and last) and maybe one or two other items of info. I know I didn't have to put down my address. So, technically I have this second card but they don't know really who I am or where I live. I could "register" this card online but I don't really need to do that, since I'm in the CVS all the time checking coupons and ECBs.

I didn't ask if I could - I just said I'd like to sign up for a card! :)

CVS corporate says you can have one for every person in the household. HOWEVER, they started printing on the ads that the deals were ONE PER HOUSEHOLD. There really is no way for them to tell on the register AT THIS TIME if two cards are registered at the same household. So as long as you "fly under the radar", you will be ok. For example, do transactions one day with one card and maybe the next day with another card or go to a different CVS. I wouldn't walk up to the counter with 30 cases of Pepsi and 5 cards and be surprised if they refuse you pointing out the one per household in the ad!

I personally have 2 cards. I got my second one by accident because I lost my first set and had a second set issued. When I changed purses in the winter I found a CVS card in my wallet. One day I was using DH's car and his keys and realized that I didn't have my CVS keychain card thing. Then I remembered the one in my purse. I used it and tried to use my ECB and the register wouldn't take them. I realized then it was a different card number. So if you lose a card and its reissued, you will get a new number and they don't cancel the account? Personally I only use the second card when there is a really great deal I can't pass up - like better than free. It would be too much to keep up with if I tried to do all the deals with both cards! I couldn't do it!

Maggie

Ok, I am clueless as well to ECB, so someone enlighten me...currently my Winter 2008 balance is 71.58 what does that mean?

Ok, I am clueless as well to ECB, so someone enlighten me...currently my Winter 2008 balance is 71.58 what does that mean?

It is what you have spent so far for winter quarter. You will earn 2% back on most of that and $1 for every 2 prescriptions at the end of winter quarter (plus whatever you spend until the end of the quarter). Sometimes they give coupons to increase that to 6%.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter