Why are Coronado Springs reviews so iffy?

Totally agree! :thumbsup2

I'll happily walk for miles and miles around the parks. I just don't want to do that at my resort. IMO parks are for touring and resorts are for relaxing. ::yes::

Yep, definitely feel that way. I will also add that I have achilles tendonitis and plantar fascitis. Knock wood, I have good orthotics now and after a lot of PT, I'm doing pretty well with both, but when we stayed at CSR my achilles tendonitis was acting up which made the walking even less desirable. Maybe I would have felt differently if it had been better, or if we hadn't been there in the heat. We stayed at Yacht Club last year and there was a lot of walking too, like when we went down to Stormalong Bay, but I think most of the walk was indoors it wasn't that big a deal. But clearly I seem to be in the minority on this thread. I'm glad that a lot of people enjoy CSR, it's a beautiful resort, but it just wasn't for us.

I agree, give me a business person any day over a drunk tourist(s) who lets their kids run amok,lol.

Easy now, I do mine (and several other people's) share of drinking while on vacation. But I don't go out there and get rude, obnoxious, or annoying. I also don't have or travel with kids. :cool1:

so far my family has only stayed at the beach club and CSR and we all agree that we like CSR better in every aspect...

Easy now, I do mine (and several other people's) share of drinking while on vacation. But I don't go out there and get rude, obnoxious, or annoying. I also don't have or travel with kids. :cool1:
Oh, I have nothing against drinking, I do my share at the World.:joker::thumbsup2

I just have no patience for people who can't handle their liquor, or who think they are still 20 when they are over 30. Binge drinking isn't cute when you're college age, it's certainly not when you are middle age or close to it.

The food court used to be better. That's why I'm not a fan. In September, DD and I ate there and had a hard time finding something. The items we ordered in the past were no longer available. Previously, the portions were huge. The counters were understaffed, causing us to wait 10 minutes for someone to come over to get our dessert choice. In addition, we had only three options. I know there were more dessert options previously.

We're a little OT, but to MK- West Depot is first. For AK and DHS, South Depot I first, and for Epcot, South depot is first, but sometimes they are using a access road where East is first.

I knew that, but sadly there were a lot of "sometimes" when we visited. As I said it was high season so maybe it was the reason the service was no predictable. It was not a big deal just annoying because I am use to the no guessing order of CSR. Anyway we loved the resort so much that we are going back.;)

The food court used to be better. That's why I'm not a fan. In September, DD and I ate there and had a hard time finding something. The items we ordered in the past were no longer available. Previously, the portions were huge. The counters were understaffed, causing us to wait 10 minutes for someone to come over to get our dessert choice. In addition, we had only three options. I know there were more dessert options previously.

You are right. As much as I love CSR I must said pepper market became a problem for us. Since we like to be back from the parks around dinner time we need a decent food court. And we used to like PM, but last September after our first park day we stopped by to eat and the food was disgusting. DS cheese pizza looked as vomit in a dough I tried to talk him out but he insisted in trying it. Bad idea, one small bite and he gave up. Husband loves his burgers, he is even capable of eating at McDonald's:crazy2:. But he could not eat the burger at PM, he said it was gross. I love burritos. I used to believe the burritos at PM were very good but last time it was so awful that Taco Bell could look like gourmet food. Long story short we did no eat, and still had to tip the sever, after all it was not his fault. We went to our room and indulged in snacks. And the rest of the trip we would ate before leaving the park but most of the times we went to DDT. We ate once a Maya Grill and found it was good as always. So this year after the FDP was announced (we have a disney Visa card) we decided to go back to POR even if it meant to POP for the dinning plan. Luckily for us we got a pin and were able to added the FDP to our booking.

so far my family has only stayed at the beach club and CSR and we all agree that we like CSR better in every aspect...

:offtopic: but since my family wants to try the beach club next year, would you mind giving me your opinion. Specially since you had stayed at CSR and liked better. Thanks.

I honestly can never understand this myself! :confused3

DH & I live only about 3 hours south of WDW and visit at least 4-5x a year. Our "home" resort is CSR and we stay there basically every visit. In all of our many trips, we have YET to have one negative experience. In fact, we miss it when we are gone and can't wait for our return. The resort is so beautiful and so peaceful and we really enjoy walking the grounds so the size is no issue for us. The resort and rooms are always clean and the service has always been top notch. I too have read those reviews and they only leave me confused :scratchin. I just don't get it! I have suggested CSR to many friends who have also loved it there and returned with no complaints.

We got a wonderful deal to stay at YC over Labor Day weekend (our very first Deluxe stay) and while we are SO excited and could not pass up the deal, I really will miss CSR! I am always scared that other resorts just wont give me the feeling that CSR does, as we have so many great memories there.

Don't worry about the reviews, you will be in Disney and you will have an amazing time :)

I honestly can never understand this myself! :confused3

DH & I live only about 3 hours south of WDW and visit at least 4-5x a year. Our "home" resort is CSR and we stay there basically every visit. In all of our many trips, we have YET to have one negative experience. In fact, we miss it when we are gone and can't wait for our return. The resort is so beautiful and so peaceful and we really enjoy walking the grounds so the size is no issue for us. The resort and rooms are always clean and the service has always been top notch. I too have read those reviews and they only leave me confused :scratchin. I just don't get it! I have suggested CSR to many friends who have also loved it there and returned with no complaints.

We got a wonderful deal to stay at YC over Labor Day weekend (our very first Deluxe stay) and while we are SO excited and could not pass up the deal, I really will miss CSR! I am always scared that other resorts just wont give me the feeling that CSR does, as we have so many great memories there.

Don't worry about the reviews, you will be in Disney and you will have an amazing time :)

I am really looking forward to CSR and I hope we enjoy it as much as you do!!!

Oh, I have nothing against drinking, I do my share at the World.:joker::thumbsup2

I just have no patience for people who can't handle their liquor, or who think they are still 20 when they are over 30. Binge drinking isn't cute when you're college age, it's certainly not when you are middle age or close to it.

Oh I absolutely agree. I drink because I enjoy it, specifically beer, but I don't drink to get drunk or binge drink just because I can. I enjoy it responsibly.:cool1:

Wow, surprised to hear the negative comments about the food court and the rooms being "old". We stayed here back at the end of 2011 so almost 3 years ago and we loved it. We loved the food and the rooms, the decor and the set up. We had a great room close to the food court and the pool and felt the transportation was great. We have since stayed at POR and when I recently booked our trip for 2015 DH asked to go back to CSR. I wonder if its all in the eye of the beholder or if that much has changed in the past 3 years :confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter