Why Are Clouds So Much Prettier In Florida?

Wish Upon A Star

DIS Veteran
Does anyone else notice this? When we are in WDW the clouds are so much fluffier, prettier and have nifty shapes to them.

Why can't we have those same clouds in CT?

Yes, I noticed the same thing! Not only are there more "shape" clouds to be seen in FL, but most/many seem to be pre-ordered in Disney shapes! ;)

I can't decide if it's due to a difference in atmospheric/weather conditions or more a result of my return to childhood fantasy while there...or maybe it's simply that I have more time to NOTICE the clouds while riding the bus between parks, etc.

Whatever the cause, I wish I'd thought to take pictures of some of the clouds on our last trip. They'd make a really nice addtion to our photo album memories.

Deb

And the sky is bluer there too, and the water clearer, and the sun feel SO GOOD on your skin! My BIL calls it "God's country." My husband is from Florida and we lived there for several years. We would move back in a heartbeat if a good job came along. I love it, even when it's super HOT!!!

Also the moon and the stars are so wonderful too!;) :)

I'm certainly no meteorologist, but I'd hazard to guess our clouds are so awesome because of the heat and humidity, coupled with the ocean breezes we get from both the east and west coasts of Florida. After all, we ARE a peninsula.

I do know that we have the most awesome sunrises and sunsets. We have crystals hanging in the windows of the front and back bedrooms, so we can capture all the rainbows.

Last night's sunset was spectacular. All sorts of different clouds, and just enough blue sky to get all the colors.

Don't hate me 'cuz I live here! C'mon down, there's still lots of room!

I dont hate you pebblszzz. I want to switch place with you. its rainy , dreary, and depressing here. my dh and i just got done saying when its raining in florida its not dreary and depressing.not much longer and i'll be enjoying your rain!

DSC03667

DSC03634

I was thinking the same thing at Epcot. They even reflect beautifully...:D

My Dad always calls it a "Florida Sky" when we would be lucky enough to have a brilliant blue sky with those heavenly clouds. I catch myself pointing it out to my kids when we see it. I know what you mean. Just one more thing I miss about Fl. Akthough, we have a pretty decent blue sky and clouds out there right now, even if the wind is blowing the clouds at a pretty quick rate!

Yes, we know we have beautiful bluest skies here in Florida--NOT in Seattle!;)

Actually, I have to disagree with ya! I personally think the clouds are prettier in the Caribbean, when I'm on the Disney Magic, relaxing in a lounge chair, soaking up the sun, listening to steel drum music and sipping one of the delicious frozen "drinks of the day!" :teeth:

TOTALLY agree about the clouds!!!!

>>>Don't hate me 'cuz I live here! C'mon down, there's still lots of room!<<<

Not even close........FIFTY SIX MORE DAYS TO CELEBRATION, FL BABY.........WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

And not just good weather is cool in Florida...

From my sig, stolen from another DISer:
17.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter