Why are Cabana bay pools so salty?

Godaime

Earning My Ears
Both pools and the lazy river are so salty yet they are chlorine pools. Does anyone know why they are so salty?

They use the salt water system there. Salt systems are basically chlorine systems. Salt (NaCl) is broken down and used to sanitize.

It's also becoming more of a trend now even with backyard pools at people's homes, as apparently the salt systems are easier to maintain after the initial installation.

They probably keep the salt level high just like public chlorinated pools tend to keep the chlorine level high.

When we were there we noticed the lazy river was saltier than the other pools.

I thought it was designed to provide better buoyancy. :rolleyes1

As mentioned it is a salt water system. A filter generator breaks the salt into chlorine to sanitize the pools. I have one on the pool in my backyard.It is cheaper to run, easier on the skin and eyes

Sweaty people not rinsing off before entering. It's worse in the summer. :rotfl2:

Sweaty people not rinsing off before entering. It's worse in the summer. :rotfl2:

That's what I was afraid of. I asked one of the life guards if it was a salt water pool and he said it was a chlorine pool!....Im hoping it wasn't sweat water!!!

Just for everyone's info the pools and lazy river are chlorinated.

Same goes for the other onsite resorts.

You still test for chlorine in a salt water pool. So salt water pools are still chlorine pools. In a normal chlorine pool, you shouldn't be tasting salt.

Salt pools are sanitized using chlorine. A salt-chlorine generator separates the chlorine and sodium molecules in salt and reintroduces them into the pool water. It is the chlorine that sanitizes the pool.

The employees likely have no idea.With a salt s
Salt pools are sanitized using chlorine. A salt-chlorine generator separates the chlorine and sodium molecules in salt and reintroduces them into the pool water. It is the chlorine that sanitizes the pool.
exactly...They still use chlorine, just generated from salt .They still test for chlorine too.

A saltwater pool is not actually chlorine-free, it simply utilizes a chlorine generator (generator cell) instead of direct addition of chlorine.

Salt chlorinators are not an alternative to chlorine. Instead, basic table salt is converted into chlorine when water passes through a generator cell that turns the salt into hypochlorous acid, the same component that is produced when chlorine is added to pool water. As the water returns to the pool, it introduces the newly produced chlorine to the water.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter