Why am I stressing over where I stay????

brilliance2

Earning My Ears
Hi there!

I am new to these boards, but I have been reading everything (maybe too much!).

I have been to Disney about 30 times, but never stayed on property. I was exicted about reading about the Disney Dining package and decided to stay on site.

This is the first trip my DS will be on and he will just be 2 when we travel in September. After reading all the reviews, I reallt wanted to stay at POP, but nothing was available. I was unsure about the All Star hotels, because of the noise for my light sleeper, but wasn't sure what to do.

They booked me at CSR and I have been stressing over it since. It is about $300 more than the value hotels for the 4 nights and is very booked with conventions in September.

Is this the best resort for traveling with my 2 year old????? Should I book an All Star with a rented fridge? Is there a better option in Moderate?? I can't believe I am losing sleep over this!!!

Natalie

We loved CSR. You will not regret it. I'm currently stressing over staying at SSR vs BC. The 700 difference there is worth staying at SSR one minute then not the next since we are all about the pool.

We stayed at POP last Oct and it was nice. We've stayed at ASMo before and enjoyed it too. If I couldn't get a value CSR would be my next choice.

I think it is Buzz here who has all kinds of info on CSR. He can tell you the best bldg to ask for convient to where you want to be.

I haven't been to WDW with a 2-year-old, but here's what I can tell you -- we love CBR, and it's very quiet. There's a kiddie pool at Old Port Royale (food court and main pool area), no rooms are far from a bus stop, the buses aren't shared with any other resort, and we love the beaches and hammocks. The food court has a chicken nugget meal that comes in a small pail with a shovel -- so he can use it on the beaches!

The quiet is what really gets me though -- as many people as the resort holds, it's set up so it's really quiet -- we had a first floor room and never heard anyone next door or upstairs, but we know they were there because we saw them!

We just love CBR!

I guess I am not sure if I should stay at a Value. The All Stars are available. Is there one I should target more than another?

I was just so excited about POP and not excited about the All Stars. Maybe I have been reading too much. Is the Moderate worth the difference? I am not really a hotel person and I was worried about a fridge, but found you could rent one.

I just thought my little one would enjoy all the "props" at the value hotel, but then read all the disappointing stories about the All Stars.

Ughhh!

Natalie

We stayed at ASMo when DS#1 was 4. We were in the Toy Story section. He loved it. You can get in so many firdge swaps here it might be good for you and will save you money.

As I sit here I think you should call me out.

I'm doing the same thing................Need to remind ourselves It is Disney. It is all good.

CSR is wonderful we loved it:cool1: , I have just returned from a 10 day stay at pop and I would not stay there again. It was just too crowded and loud for me. I know a lot of people love it. It has it's on unique charm but we also have a 2 year old and it was really hard waiting in such long lines with him for the buses. The bus service is less crowded at CSR, the rooms are bigger, the grounds are beauitful,the pool is great, and for me it was wonderful to come back to the resort and relax after a day in the parks:thumbsup2

I just am tired of stressing over it! I just thought the extra 70 per day could be spent on something else, but if the wait is long for the Value hotels and very noisy, my DS will not be happy!

The only Value Hotel available as of right now is Sports. I guess I just wanted some assurance that CSR was right for our family Disney experience. I know it is a convention hotel.

Thanks for the advice. Somehow I know I will stress until September!

Natalie

PS- I never stressed when I went before, must be the whole baby thing!

I agree CSR is quieter and they have multiple bus stops which is a plus

I wouldnt worry about the noise ive stayed at values and and moderates and the noise levels are the same at both of them. The noise is not as bad compared to some offsite hotels i have stayed at! I think a 2 yearold would love the disney theme of all stars and maybe ask for a room by the pool if your that worried!! You would also be saving a ton of $$ you can spend elsewhere in the park!

Having stayed at both Pop and All-Stars, I really think they are very similar. The rooms themselves are almost identical. We never had a problem with noise, but if noise is the only factor, bring a fan.

We always travel with a little metal fan we got from Wal-Mart. It takes a beating and makes nice white noise to sleep by. A side benefit is that you can use it to dry your shoes if they get wet.

I went back and forth when we planned our first trip on property. I too was debating between the moderate and value resorts. For me the key was the fact that we hit the parks all day and only hit the room to sleep. For that reason the value made sense for us.

That being said, I think your daughter will love any of the places you stay. In fact I'd guess the decor of the value resorts would probably appeal to her best.

Good luck, don't stress. This is supposed to be fun. :cool2:

Jeff

Hi there! I really think you will be fine with any of the resorts you are considering. That said, I can't comment on the noise level at any of them other than POP because that's the only one I've stayed at. We had two young ones when we stayed there and had no problem sleeping. Besides, remember you are at Disney. You might be surprised how hard your little one sleeps as he'll surely be tired.
Anyhoo, the reason I think you'll be fine with any is when you are there- and actually immersed in the magic of WDW, normal inconveniences and annoyances don't bother you as much. It's just so much fun BEING there. And it's you're first time staying on property so ya won't have anything to compare it too. I have stayed at POR, CBR and POP and truly enjoyed them all for different reasons. Didn't have an ounce less fun at any of these places. Just to throw this at you- CSR is HUGE so chances are probably decent that you will end up away from the conventions and such.
Have fun!!!!

We have stayed at every level at Disney but, most often, because we go so often, we stay at the values. We stay mostly at Pop but have recently stayed at All Star Movies and were very pleasantly surprised to find that we really liked it. A couple of times a year we do either moderate or deluxe depending on what we are planning on doing while at Disney.
We do not find the values any noiser than we do the deluxes. Actually, sometimes the deluxes are noiser because there are so many more children staying at them. In all the years we have been going to Disney the noisest resort and the worst bus service was while staying at Port Orleans around one of the holidays.
We have found that if we ask for a room away from the noisy part of the resort we do not have any problems. The top floor is usually the quietest.

Stressing over where to stay?? Been there, done that...and I don't travel with kids usually either..I'm a grandma who LOVES Disney, and just want the experience to be awesome, and perfect! I think that's why I "stress".

If you would like to spend the money elsewhere-Disney or at home-then I would definitely head to the ALL STARS. The icons are exciting for little ones, you don't need a pool slide, there are the kiddie pools, the rooms (honestly) aren't that much smaller and you can try and get a fridge for milk and things for the little guy on one of the Fridge Swaps on the Budget board. Save the money. The magic isn't in the room. The magic is within you. Being at WDW with your family is the most memorable thing ever! Relax. Go. Enjoy!

Hi. I've stayed at both and my kids prefer POP hands-down. My deciding factor would be in how much time you'll spend at the resort. If you are doing parks each of your four days, I vote POP. If you'll be spending one full day or a few hours each day, maybe CSR. Your child will prefer POP for sure, it is much more kid-friendly to the eye, and they have those water jets that toddlers just love. Either way, you'll have a great time. I wouldn't worry about noise or busses, they are pretty much the same. Also, kids tend to like the food court at POP vs. Pepper Market at CSR although I love PM.

You are not alone. For me, picking a resort is the most difficult in planning our disney trip. You want the most magical trip for your family...we all do. For our family our hotel (whereever we go on vacation) is important...we are swimmers so we love the pool and we're also nappers so we tend to spend a little more time at the hotel.

My sister spent her honeymoon at CSR and her and her hubby both loved the resort. They really liked the PM, they didn't use the main pool just their quiet pool, and had no issues w/transportation. I think all disney resorts are fine, their location, amenities and theme are what makes it difficult to choose one. Whichever you choose...you'll be at disney...have a magical time. Good luck.

Now if I could make a decision on our resort :rotfl:!!!!

With a 2 year old, an All Star is the best bet for you. Not only will you save $$$, your little one will love it. I reccomend staying at All Star Movies in the Toy Story section (woody part is where i stayed, it was great, the buzz part looked a bit "dark") They have a food court, 2 pools, store, cool arcade, andmore.

PS there was barely any nose when i went in may of '02. in the woody section.

I know exactly what you're talking about! We have already stayed at Pop and we loved it but I was unsure about the All Stars. I went ahead and booked ASMu. Their rooms are newly refurbished, in fact they are slated to be fininshed by June 2007. That was a plus for me.

Anyway we've stayed at Pop and CSR. We loved pop but we enjoyed CSR more. I decided to go ahead and book CBR instead of Music because it seemed that our vacation at Pop was more FAST paced. When we were at CSR it seemed a little more laid back and we didn't find ourselves at such a fast pace. We were able to enjoy the pool and resort alot more. While we took walks around both Pop and CSR, the landscaping, lake, beaches are just gorgeous at CSR. It is lit up beautifully at night.

We also enjoyed the Maya Grill, the TS restaurant at CSR. I wouldn't stress over it. I must admit that the values are such a great place in their own way and talk about a great bang for your buck. But I do agree that the mods are worth the extra if you will have the time to enjoy them.

You'll have a great stay and I must say that alot of times us moms really stress about things that the rest of the family won't think twice about. The kids will be happy wherever they are. And my DH thinks all he needs is a shower and a bed. I've still got some work to do on him yet.;)

Thanks so much for all the replies!

I guess I am being left without much of choice at this point! We are going during the free dining and all the Value hotels are booked except for Sports.

Would you switch from CSR to Sports at this point?

Do the other hotels have availability later?

My head is spinning with so many wonderful recommendations!

Natalie

PS- Dare I ask where to eat with a soon-to-be 2 year old little boy who won't sit at the table for more than 40 minutes?????

While I can't help you with your resort choice...I will chime in on the dining question.

If you are going because of the DDP and free dining then I think the way for you to get the most out of it with a child who won't sit still long is to go with a lot of character meals as your TS choices. Hopefully these will entertain him long enough for you and hubby to get through a meal. Some of your other choices may be limited, but you never know, he may be so enthralled with the whole Disney experience that he may last longer than you think. :thumbsup2

I would also recommend Coral Reef at Epcot, especially if you think he will like looking at the different varieties of sea life. This could buy you some extra time as well.

Good luck!:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter