Why am I crying???

;) Ok my big breakdown came the first time I ever saw the lights come on at Osborne Lights in 2005. DH and I didn't know what to expect then "poof" a million lights were on and I was flabbergasted. Hands flew up to mouth, huge tears, DH kinda hide to hold me up...the hole bit....we had just been through Katrina and lost my FIL to Cancer.

and I know exactly why I was crying.....my chest was heavy...

Walt Disney World healed my heart.

Now THAT made me cry!! :lovestruc

My family loves to watch me. It's like clockwork. As soon as rope drop starts at MK...out come the water works:)

I refuse to say I "cry." But, my eyes often become full of moisture during Illuminations (my favorite fireworks show). I've seen it probably more than 100 times (30/40 visits since 2000) but there is something about being at Disney all day, seeing that all types of people can be brought together that just...yeah, moisture from the gunpowder I'm sure...

I am so happy I'm not alone! I always felt so silly but as soon as we pull up to the Poly and the CM puts the lei around my neck I start to cry. I usually compose myself for check in and the monorail but once I hit Main Street and catch a glimpse of the castle I start to cry again, and it's a sloppy cry, sounds and all!

It really is the definition of "tears of joy" because I am just so happy I get to share this magical time with my family. All this time I thought I was the only one!

I cry at all those random happy moments lol It doesn't take much to get me started.
I brought my brother on his first trip he was 18, he cried in mk. He kept saying wow this really is the happiest place on earth.

My "moments" start the minute we go under the sign on the ME bus.

The rope drop show at MK also does it for me.

I cry at the DL Christmas parade every year. And I don't even watch the parade -- I watch my kids watching the parade.

I cry all the dang time. I cry just THINKING about my kids at WDW. I teared up watching "Disney World Undiscovered" (or something like that) on Netflix with PB yesterday. I will probably be a sobbing mess when we actually get to the park.

But I'm emotional, generally speaking, lol. :o

I cried last year during the fireworks. It was my 24th birthday, my first trip with my mom and we had been through so much that year-a death in the family, my mom being diagnosed with cancer-that I think I was crying because I couldn't believe I was there. I was really happy-even though I probably didn't seem happy, but I think the magic of DW just overwhelmed me...in a really good way :) :hug::flower3:

:thumbsup2 I don't think I cry too much, but I definitely get teary.

I cried the first time I rode Soarin'. Can't explain that one, but I just did. I really just thought it was such an awesome ride.

Just reading through these made me cry!! :lmao: As many times as I have been to WDW I still get teary eyed! When we get on the ME I start feeling anxious and like I want to cry. Once we approach the Walt Disney World sign I get teary eyed. I also get teary eyed watching the fireworks. I know for me, it takes me back to my first trip to WDW when I was 4 years old.

Glad to see there are many other people like myself!! :grouphug:

I'm right there with you. I'm not your average nut, though. We moved to FL for WDW, basically.

I am not normally a crier, but I definitely tear up at the rope drop for magic kingdom and usually for wishes and illuminations. It really started the trip that we got married in Epcot, and then the next trip, 6 months later, I was 6 months pregnant( lol, you can think the pixie dust for that!). I was a mess, of course , because of the hormones and then just thinking about being able to share the love of Disney that my husband and I have with our daughter. Now in 2 months we will be taking our daughter for her first trip and I will surely be tearing up! She is only 2 but loves everything Disney! One of the first words she could say clearly was mouse! Now she says Mickey, Minnie, daisy, and Donald. I can't wait for this trip!

I'm crying just reading this thread. I also have memories of watching Wonderful World of Disney as a child. My first trip to WDW was in March 2011 and I was 38 years old, and seeing that castle in person for the first time was almost surreal after a lifetime of wishing I could go to WDW.

I booked our second trip last month. I sobbed the entire time I was booking it, which is why I prefer to book online. I tend to get choked up if I try to call them. :confused3

But they are certainly happy tears - we need a combination of these two: :):sad:. Smiling but crying - it seems so many of us experience this when we go to WDW.

I love love love this thread! :) I've got tears streaming down my face reading these posts and knowing I'm not alone!

The first time I went to WDW it was a trip with my in laws the year my mother in law passed away. There were 22 of us and we all loved it! I cried so hard walking into MK and finally seeing Main Street USA and the Castle! And I cried when I got home cause I just *had to* go back so we booked for the next year - tears, and then the next - more tears and the next - more tears....and the following year my DH got down on one knee is MK just by the Castle and asked me to marry him! Tears, tears, tears! We went back the following year on our Disneymoon where we had our best trip ever and brought back a special package - our Disney baby :) I used to sing Disney songs to him when he was in my tummy and now when hes napping he always naps better if theres some Disney music playing - his faves being The Lion King and The Little Mermaid! :) We are currently planning our first trip as Mom and Dad for next year! There WILL be tears!!
I'm glad to know I'm not the only one who gets really emotional about Disney! This is the first year in the last 8 years when we haven't went "home" and I cry when I see anything Disney related! I just can't wait to go back and relive all the memories and the magic - especially now we have our very own little prince to do it with!

disneydreamerinny said:
Our first trip to WDW was in 1998. I was so excited. :goodvibes I had planned for months, my girls were 4 and 7. The anticipation was amazing. We walked into Magic Kingdom, down main street, then all of a sudden, the castle came into view. It was like Niagara Falls. My husband laughing and hugging me. My girls concerned something was wrong. He explaining to them that they were happy tears. All of the Sunday evenings came flooding back, when me and my sister had had our baths, and a snack, and were snuggled in to watch the Wonderful World of Disney. The opening show was tinkerbell flying around the castle. :happytv:popcorn:: I was seeing this for real for the first time. It was like I had met a celebrity. OK, not so unusual, I dont think.:confused3
Our second trip was 4 years later, my father tagged along with us this time. We walked through the turn styles, down Main Street, theres the castle. Niagra Falls again. This time Dad laughing hysterically:rotfl:, snapping pictures of me.
Our third trip, was 2 years after that, I know I'll be OK this time. We went a little early because we wanted to see the opening ceremony. The music started, and that train pulled up with all the characters.......Yep, tears again. This time my girls are laughing and hugging me.:grouphug:
The last time we went was 2 years ago. We are on the Disney bus, pulling into MK and the trumpets on the bus start singing a MK arrival song. Tears. :sad: Husband is grinning, "hun, seriously?":hug: I look over and my 17yo DD is crying too and laughing because she can't figure out why SHE is crying now too!:love: WHAT THE HECK IS GOING ON????. Does anyone else go through this??
Does anyone else go through this crazyness??:tinker:

Allergies?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter