• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Who's taking all the AP rooms early Dec??

bavaria

<font color=deeppink>Makes the best of both worlds
Well, it looks like we will all be at WDW in early December! (I know that it's the big meet that lots of you attend, as well as the best time to see the holiday decorations!)

Just tried to book anything at a mod or one of the lodges for dates 11/29-12/10 (any dates) at an AP rate - looks like my typical last minute planning resulted in my being left out....

So I'm booked at AS Mo for now - but will definitely be upgrading if I can.

Keep your fingers crossed for me that I can get POR soon!!

And I guess that I'll see lots of you in December!

:tongue:

The AP rates for that time of year have been out for some time now. I also think that you had to have booked it by now to have gotten it anyway, dont' think the codes are still in effect. Never wait until the last minute to book an AP rate (unless you are truly doing a last minute trip). They don't let all the rooms go for AP rates, only a certian portion & once they are gone that is it (usually). I know sometimes it is hard to plan a "for sure" trip, but it is much easier to cancel or postpone than it is to do a last minute booking.

You may already know this, but you might check for part of your stay. Maybe you can get some of your trip confirmed in the resort you want, and then keep checking to see if the rest opens up.

OF course, you may have to change resorts if it doesn't open up.

Good luck.

Susan

Actually, AP rates are still available, just not for where I want! I find that even if they have a 'book before' date, rooms usually are available even until the day of arrival (and that with 60+ visits now)

I travel a LOT and can't book far in advance - most of my trips are booked 2-3 weeks out and I always have luck with AP rates.

I am prepared to call back and am also flexible on dates, so no problem.

I had the BEST res agent last night who trolled around trying to find me rates/dates. He also offered up some other promos which I qualifed for, but hadn't requested (ie Canadian rates, etc)

That's the 2nd time this year I have had great res experience, so things are looking up.

Just need to keep my fingers crossed that something will come up - it usually does. And being at ANY WDW resort is fine, can't complain about the $49 I currently have either! :D

Unlike general public codes, AP rates are usual book-able right through their duration. Of course, availability dwindles and disappears, but they don't have a "book by" date, the way general public codes do. I happen to have booked my AP rates very early so I don't have first hand experience, but after years of observing Mary's site (Mousesavers.com), I have never seen an expiration date for AP rates posted there. Just an FYI.

We also just kept trying and finally got 2 days on part of our trip at a discount which is not much but better than nothing!!

Nothing ventured nothing gained!

oh the chase for a room is part of the fun! Especially since the call quality at Reservations has improved greatly this year. I have encountered many CMs who enjoy hunting for a room for me, and gasp! actually engage in active conversation with me!!!

I'll be calling again tomorrow to see how my room at POR is doing - I know that it will appear one day....

I do believe I have your room. We are at the POR for a few days at the beginning of December, but are trying to get into one of the lodges. I'll keep you posted if any luck, but it is not looking good. The CM informed me that nothing is available at the WL & the only room available to book is a Presidential Suite at the AKL. (I don't think so, that is a tad out of my price range!)

Good Luck!

Jaime

We were lucky to get an AP rate at POR for December. We called back the next day to change to CR but it turned out it was gone. So we are staying at POR for sure now. We've never stayed there before and it looks like it is really nice.

I called last week to get an AP rate room at BWI or weekend trip in early december for my wife and I. They said no AP Rate rooms available. I asked about YC/BC, CR, Poly, GF, AKL, WL and got nothing. I then asked about moderates, and got nothing. They said nothing at value resorts either. The only rooms they had at the AP rate were a one bed room villa at Olde keywest or SSR. I booked SSR but I may cancel. It is more than I wanted to spend right before Christmas.

Bavaria, I hope you're able to get what you want. I need to call and find a place for my last couple of nights (mid Dec) and I'm hoping to get an AP rate somewhere, either moderate or value. It will be a Sun/Mon night stay, so maybe it won't be as difficult as a weekend stay. If I can't get something I'll stay offsite, but nearby, so it's not as if I have to stay onsite, but I do prefer to.

T&B

Good luck with your calling! I was able to get AP discounts on both of my reservations (11/28-12/1 at AKL concierge, 12/1-12/4 at Poly concierge), but I called the day they were released. Things do open up from time to time though, so don't give up! :)

AP rates can be booked until the day of!!

I was piddling around on the computer Saturday afternoon while hubby was taking a nap.

The kids were out of town, we had nothing going on. I saw roundtrip to Orlando for Saturday night returning Sunday night for $220 each, I found a rental car for 24 hours for $35.00 and called CRO and checked on AP rates for Saturday night. Just for that one night I could have had All-Stars for $55 all the way up to GF Concierge for $329.

I woke hubby up from his nap and asked him, but then common sense took over and we didn't go.

It would have been fun though!!

Carol

Dumb question? The AP rates are just the discounted prices right? If I call to check on them, do I just ask for the available AP rooms? I already booked for the beginning of December at All Star Music and I got a AAA discount off of the $77/night, but if they have something better, I will call back and check! Help is appreciated!!

Ask for available "Annual Passholder" rates. Some CRO agents don't recognize the acronyms we use.

Carol

Keep checking on AP rates. I just booked a standard view today at AKL for Dec 5, 6, and 7th for $120/night. They also had a pool view for $195 for these dates.

Gina

Thanks for all the votes of confidence! I have a great backup offsite booked, but of course want to stay with the mouse.

No luck tonight, I was going to book POR 12/5 2 nts but that's already gone, so it's just the phone game.

The flight on points worked out great, so luck is with me so far!

Originally posted by Destination Disney
I do believe I have your room. We are at the POR for a few days at the beginning of December, but are trying to get into one of the lodges. I'll keep you posted if any luck, but it is not looking good. The CM informed me that nothing is available at the WL & the only room available to book is a Presidential Suite at the AKL. (I don't think so, that is a tad out of my price range!)

Good Luck!

Jaime

Jaime, Have you tried asking for a FL resident rate instead of an AP rate? They have more rooms set aside for FL residents. Sorry AP Holders. But on a good note by FL residents using FL rates we keep Ap rate rooms freed up.

I was able to book CR wing for Nov 27 on a FL resident rate ($168 w/ tax).

shirley

Thanks for all the pixie dust you sent my way! I have CBR for the 1st half, 2nd half is still AS Mu but I am going to keep trying! CBR came up this week, so it looks like inventory may come up a few days prior to arrival.

I have also had a lot of luck actually going to the hotel to check in, and asking them to call my preferred hotel to see if I can upgrade. ie I would go to AS Mu and ask them to call POR to see if they can take me. If they have space, they are usually able to do this....

Keep trying!

We have done this 4 or 5 times and have been successful every time!!

Try calling early every morning and you may get the ressie that someone cancelled the night before!!

Try just before CRO closes too, some people don't cancel till the last possible minute!

Good Luck;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter