Who's still waiting for their marathon packet?

TMM

Mouseketeer
We are and I am just hoping it comes before we leave England in early January... :confused3

I am... and I only live an hour away from WDW! :confused3 I hope you get yours before you leave! I think someone on the marathon thread said they called and was told it wasn't a problem if you didn't/couldn't bring your waiver form. I'm sure they can print out a new one, but registration may take a little longer. PD for packets tomorrow!!!!! :wizard:

Oooh a fellow Brit, I didn't know there were any more of us - where have you been for the last year while I've been trying to explain phrases like loo roll and fancy dress on the marathon board!!!

Where are you in England? I'm Watford born, lived in London for 15 years - then moved to New Zealand. Tell me more - and no, I don't have my packet yet either, but when I did the race two years ago it turned up about two weeks before we left so should be any day now. Helen

littlegreydonkey said:
Oooh a fellow Brit, I didn't know there were any more of us - where have you been for the last year while I've been trying to explain phrases like loo roll and fancy dress on the marathon board!!!

Where are you in England? I'm Watford born, lived in London for 15 years - then moved to New Zealand. Tell me more - and no, I don't have my packet yet either, but when I did the race two years ago it turned up about two weeks before we left so should be any day now. Helen

Hi Helen!

My husband is the Brit, but I hope we can still be friends :flower: I am a transplant from Chicago, via Geneva, Switzerland. I have lived in England, outside Brighton since June 2002. My husband is was born in Beckingham, grew up in Croydon and moved to the Southeast in his teens. I understand most phrases now. There was some confusion when we put our Christmas tree up last week. I wanted to buy more ornaments and garland and my husband couldn't figure out why I want to hang heavy figurines on our tree. We are getting closer to being truly a bilingual family :flower:

How cool to find someone else outside the US doing the marathon. I knew there had to be others.

Where are you staying? When do you arrive? We are so excited. I have never been to Disney World. My husband went about 15 years ago, so much has changed it will almost be like a first trip for him.

Oh, think I just heard the post come through...doubt my packet will be in it though ;)

I'm still waiting and I am beginning to get irate!! Luckily, my DH is also running and got his packet 3 weeks ago, so I have been able to get all of the pertinent details. Since this isn't my first WDW marathon, I'm not too concerned if it doesn't show up. I know I am registered for both races. However, since I paid quite a bit registering for both races, it would be nice if I received the packet before too long.

It's not looking good I wil get our packets over here in England....

Be aware that race programs have already been sent out. I am not sure why your program did not get to you. I will request to have another one sent to you in the next mailing, which should go out in early December. The mailing will be sent first class, so you should receive it by Christmas.

The first mailing of race packets took place at the end of October/beginning of November. They should have all gone out by the 7th of November. The next mailing of the race programs will be sent in early December. Those registered through a charity group or tour/travel group will be included in that mailing. If you don't receive the program, you will need to pick up your packet at the Expo on either Thursday, January 5th from 3:00 PM to 8:00 PM, Friday, January 6th from 9 am - 8 pm or Saturday, January 7th (marathon only) from 10:00 am - 7 pm. The Expo will be at Disney's Wide World of Sports Complex at the Milk House. Parking for the expo is free. Follow the signs to the Wide World of Sports. When you enter the number pickup area, please proceed directly to Runner Relations and we will take care of you there.

For information on the weekend, go to www.disneyworldmarathon.com.

Steve Lapierre
Registration Manager

Hi there - I wouldn't worry too much as on the other board people have been told packet posting has been held up, plus don't forget to factor in the whole 'airmail vs surface' thing. I'm still planning on mine arriving - call me blindly stupid I don't mind. Anyway, we're staying at AKL so I'm sure we'll spot each other limping around the foyer (I read your other post), tell husband my boyfriend is a QPR fan - this will either cause much laughter, or, if he is one of the few other sadbunnies in the world who support this team much glee and arranging of supping of blue beer in the bar or something!!!

My niece and I are still waiting for our packets.....hopefully they will be here soon. :cool1:

I called right after Thanksgiving when mine hadn't arrived yet. They said that some were mailed off late. They also said you really don't need the packet to pick up your stuff, it just makes it easier at the Expo if you have it. You can check the Disney marathon site to see if you're registered:

Registration Verification

Hi,
DH is running the marathon and we are also still wating for our race packet.
We also received the exact email that TMM got.
Does anybody know if it's easy/quick to get to the Expo if using Disney transportation? I'm a little worried it might eat up into our vacation time....
Thanks
Rox

I'm still waiting too...I'm glad I'm not the only one. The first question out of my mouth when I get home each day is "was there anything in the mail today????" And each day when my DH says "just junk mail," I slump onto the couch in extreme disappointment... :sad1:

It stinks, but I remember my friend never getting her packet last year. She moved in between the time she registerred and when the packets were mailed. She called Disney and they said they do not forward packets, they just get returned. They told her to just bring ID to the expo and there would be no problem. That is exactly what she did and she had no issues. It is so fun to read, so you are missing that part, but you shouldn't have any issues when you are at the Expo (if moving is the reason you didn't get one).

Not sure if this information is valid for this year, but I can't imagine it would be different.

My neice received hers, but I haven't gotten mine. I don't think it's a big deal since she has the information.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter