Who's still going to POLY, even during construction?

We actually switched from CBR to the Poly for our July 4-12, 2014 vacation. My Mother in law is now coming and we would've needed 2 rooms at CBR. With the summer special, a std. room at the Poly is about the same price.

We are more excited about the location and room size of the Poly than any worry about the construction. The only deal breaker would've been the pool being closed, but it seems that won't be until late July, after our trip.

We will be in WDW during the same dayes (Aug 14-17) and usually try for the Poly. We decided to go with the Contemporary instead due to construction.

We were booked in Hawaii for our August trip and were willing to put up with the construction. Then we found out the pool would be closed.:sad1: This was a deal breaker for us, especially with a 5 year old. We switched to GF. While my heart is still with Poly, I think it will be fun to stay somewhere new!:cool1:

We are headed to WDW in August (first summer visit, have done every season but..) We are doing a split stay YC/Poly.. It will be our first stay at the Poly, so with nothing to compare it to - we are going without expectations & know it will be awesome! The only downside for us will be the feature pool being closed, but with a water shuttle to the GF to swim, all will be just fine. Or we will just use the quiet pool at the Poly :)

I just read that Poly guests cannot use the pool at GF.. ??? Gettng annoyed with this now. :(

I just read that Poly guests cannot use the pool at GF.. ??? Gettng annoyed with this now. :(
Poly guests can't use GF pool instead they are giving you a 1 days pass to BB. Which IMHO isn't worth it! I might want to swim everyday not just 1!

Poly guests can't use GF pool instead they are giving you a 1 days pass to BB. Which IMHO isn't worth it! I might want to swim everyday not just 1!

well the quiet pool is open at the poly so you could still swim but I hear what you're saying. We were at the poly end of march and into april in the hawaii building. the construction was there but didn't bother me so much. It was probably about as bad as it could get WITHOUT bothering me though.

When we were at the grand floridian in June the polynesian looked pretty rough. We love the poly but I just don't think we'll be back until most of the construction is done.

When we went in March I could have sworn rates were low (now I'm talking compared to the typical discounted rates) for the poly. When I was booking this last minute July trip I was surprised to see that even with all thats going on over there a tpv club level room at the poly was the same price as a tpv club level room at the contemporary. I really wonder who is paying those rates with the pool closed, the lobby looking the way it does and quite a bit of the resort looking like a construction zone. I'm not saying it SHOULD bother you if it doesn't but it sure would bother me if I wasn't even getting a good deal.

I wonder if they give you more then one bb pass if you're staying for say 3 weeks? I"m guessing not.

We're just moved our trip from Nov back to Sept 19-26 and were happy there were rooms available with the late summer discount. Being adults the main pool being down isn't a deal breaker, quiet pool is fine. I hear they are giving a 1 day pass to a water park and that works for us. The proximity to MK and the TTC is great to get anywhere we need to go and we always have spa time which also near by. It's nice to just hop on the monorail after the Halloween party and head back home. :)

I'm going in early November during a free dining plan week. I knew about the construction before booking, but the price + location couldn't be beat.

The closure of the main pool is a bummer, but the 1-day blizzard beach pass should be sufficient. My group is a bunch of late 20-year olds, so we're probably not hanging around by he pool much anyway.

On that note, does anyone have any suggestions for dining options for us at the hotel/resort?

The main pool set to close July 28, construction much too extensive for our liking right now, tikimans site has the most up to date photos. No way I would spen the money right now, enjoy whatever you choose!

On that note, does anyone have any suggestions for dining options for us at the hotel/resort?

Kona Cafe is really good for breakfast, lunch or dinner.

O'Hana is a dining experience, tons of food. You should try it if you have never been before.

Have a great trip! I'm 35 long days away from being there myself.

Our family is going to WDW in November to take advantage of fdp. My hubby and I are staying at the CBR. My daughter, husband, 3 kids (2 older teenagers), are staying at the Poly for the first time:):) The price was good for them with 5 people vs a smaller moderate resort room. We know about the construction, but don't really care:confused3 DD and SIL wanted to be on the monorail to the MK and Epcot. The parks are the thing for all of them, and the pools are secondary. The teenagers are thrilled to be getting one day at blizzard beach:) I was wondering if the kids could swim at our resort once in a while. I know most people don't go to a moderate pool when they are at a deluxe, but maybe since there is construction the kids will be allowed at CBR???? I don't see the problem with that, as most people want to upgrade there pools, not downgrade.
I think it all boils down to whether the pool is most important to you or if it is just a nice extra to use if you want to? In our case, the parks are #1, pool secondary. Can't wait to see the Poly, even with construction. I've always dreamed of staying at the Poly since WDW was first opened, but can't fit it into our budget. So, can't wait to see it:hippie:

Planning to be at the Poly Dec 10-17 and very excited despite the construction :goodvibes

Our family is going to WDW in November to take advantage of fdp. My hubby and I are staying at the CBR. My daughter, husband, 3 kids (2 older teenagers), are staying at the Poly for the first time:):) The price was good for them with 5 people vs a smaller moderate resort room. We know about the construction, but don't really care:confused3 DD and SIL wanted to be on the monorail to the MK and Epcot. The parks are the thing for all of them, and the pools are secondary. The teenagers are thrilled to be getting one day at blizzard beach:) I was wondering if the kids could swim at our resort once in a while. I know most people don't go to a moderate pool when they are at a deluxe, but maybe since there is construction the kids will be allowed at CBR???? I don't see the problem with that, as most people want to upgrade there pools, not downgrade. I think it all boils down to whether the pool is most important to you or if it is just a nice extra to use if you want to? In our case, the parks are #1, pool secondary. Can't wait to see the Poly, even with construction. I've always dreamed of staying at the Poly since WDW was first opened, but can't fit it into our budget. So, can't wait to see it:hippie:
Yes they should def be able to swim with you at CBR

We are planning to be there 11/15-11/22/14. The price with fall discount was so good. I got 30% off plus on travelocity I had another code for 15% more off which was over 300.00 so like a night for free. Never stayed here, we were booked at AKL for double the price and I thought that was a good deal because of FD. I am scared now it will be a mess there. My DD and I are park people more than hanging at the resort.

My DD will almost be 15 when we go so she is not a big pool fan at this age. I read another post about the monorails not opening for riding until 8:30 am is this true? We definitely like to get started before that especially if early magic hours. Would love a site to see the construction progress and monorail hours if someone could assist. Thanks!

We've been there in October 2013 for a meal and we already though it was bad. I really don't understand how the prices stay so high for a "disfigured" resort. Let's face it... WDW resort are pricey enough compared to other resorts in Orlando... At that kind of price, I would want a completely functional resort.

I might stay there if they priced it closer to moderate prices while the construction happens...

39 days for us (like we're counting!). We have stayed at various Disney Deluxe resorts but the Poly is fav. I just hope that with the new DVC going in and a diminished number or "regular" rooms to book, that competition or price will not preclude future stays. That's the main reason we are going in September despite the construction; one last time to get our Poly "fix".

Yes they should def be able to swim with you at CBR

This is not true. You can only swim at the resort at which you are booked, and there are signs up stating that fact.

Now, you can ask the lifeguard at the time they want to swim, and they may give permission. But you won't know ahead of time if they will be ok with it or not. The lifeguards are in charge of the pool deck and the only ones who can ok extra guests. But as a rule it is not allowed.

We've been there in October 2013 for a meal and we already though it was bad. I really don't understand how the prices stay so high for a "disfigured" resort. Let's face it... WDW resort are pricey enough compared to other resorts in Orlando... At that kind of price, I would want a completely functional resort.

I might stay there if they priced it closer to moderate prices while the construction happens...

Agreed. The only reason we are staying there next month is we found an agent selling rooms for $212 inclusive of all taxes. No way it is worth paying anything close to full price while under construction.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter