Who's Sticking With S/D AP Rates?

Queenofthecastle

<font color=red>I may be the Queen, but the Tag Fa
Now that the AP rates have come out...who has decided to keep their Swan/Dolphin AP reservations?

I'm debating between AKL standard(wanted WL, but none available) or Swan. I've stayed at AKL before (loved it), but have never tried Swan and would like to (I think). If I went with AKL standard I would be saving about $217 for 5 nights 11/30 - 12/5.

Q

I was looking forward to staying at the swan but after changing over to a Disney resort it is saving me almost $300 and I just can't turn that down.

I hope to stay at the Swan another time.

Our original plans were for 2 nights AKL, 5 nights DVC, 3 nights Poly concierge.

I switched the 3 Poly nights to the Swan, and kept the 2 AK ones. Once I Made the switch, I found myself very excited about trying the Swan.

I did get AP rates for the AK this morning, but I am sticking with the Swan for the last 3 nights.

Between switching the last 3 nights and getting the AP discount for the first two nights I saved a whopping $1525!!!

Of course, had I been able to get AP discounts for the Poly, my savings would have been a bit less. But as I had always expected to pay rack rates, I am extremely pleased with the way thngs turned out..

I'm sticking with the Swan. I've been wanting to get pix of the Swan and Dolphin for my site and this is the perfect opportunity. :)

I'm also sticking with the Swan. I have been wanting to stay there ever since we stayed at the BWI. The new rooms look fabulous and I can't wait to try those heavenly beds. I did make one minor adjustment....

Instead of staying all 14 days/ 13 nights at the Swan, we are now staying 7 days/ 6 nights at the Swan and then switching over to the Poly for 8 days/ 7 nights. I've always wanted to try the Poly and I couldn't pass up $170.00 a night. :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce:

I am equally excited to stay at both places and it works out perfectly with our plans. We are visiting Epcot and MGM while we're at the Swan. Then we have 2 MVMCP to attend while we're at the Poly.

Come on November :D

We're sticking with our Swan ressie. Looking forward to walking to Fantasia Gardens, the Boardwalk, Epcot, and MGM.

--miffy--

Only 98 days to go! (I'd better get the counter!)

We're sticking with the Dolphin!! Rates would have been higher @ the Poly - only had second half of my dated available - so I'm taking this as a sign to stick with the Dolphin!

Can't decide. :(
But we will probably stay with the Swan. The Poly did not have AP rates available for my dates, so I have the BC booked until I make a decision. The BC is going to be $300 more for the stay and I can't decide if it's really worth that much when I'll be staying in the same area anyway. :rolleyes: :confused:
I hope to make a decision tonight and cancel the other tomorrow (probably will cancel the BC).

was our decision. I didn't change any of my days at the Swan. I added on 4 days at the AKL with 2 days being concierge (never did it before) and two days Savannah view. I did tell the reservationist that I would have probably stayed at Disney the whole time but the AP rates came out too late. I stated how the Swan/Dolphin rates have been out for some time and the pricing was excellent with the upgrade on the room and late check-out feature.

Originally posted by Queenofthecastle

I'm debating between AKL standard(wanted WL, but none available) or Swan. I've stayed at AKL before (loved it), but have never tried Swan and would like to (I think). If I went with AKL standard I would be saving about $217 for 5 nights 11/30 - 12/5.

Q

I say of you can come up with the difference try the Swan. While I have never stayed at the Swan or Dolphin I have stayed at the Boardwalk and I love the Epcot area. It's so nice to have the walkway to Epcot and MGM. A lot of trips I miss illuminations simply cus at the end of the day we are just to tired to make it all the way back to World Showcase. But when we stayed at the Boardwalk it was so simply to just jump on the boat or walk over the the World showcase and enjoy the end of the evening. I'm betting you will like the area.

I haven't decided yet. I have reservations at both the Swan and the Beach Club. The Beach Club is about $30.00 to $40.00 more a night even with the AP discount. Right now I'm thinking about splitting the stay between the two. I love the Beach Club. I've never stayed at the Swan and don't really know anything about it. I don't even know what posters mean when they talk about the Swan's "heavenly beds." It's too bad Disney didn't make the discounts available sooner. Then I wouldn't have this dilemma. :confused:

Kathey--Heavenly Beds are now used at many, if not all, Westin hotels. They start with a great, thick comfy mattress that's covered with a high thread count set of sheets. I imagine there's a thick mattress cover in between, but I didn't check. Then you have a rich, soft blanket and several, fluffy down (?) pillows. Top it all off with a luxurious down (or downlike) comforter, and you truly have a heavenly bed!

Kathey--Heavenly Beds are now used at many, if not all, Westin hotels. They start with a great, thick comfy mattress that's covered with a high thread count set of sheets. I imagine there's a thick mattress cover in between, but I didn't check. Then you have a rich, soft blanket and several, fluffy down (?) pillows. Top it all off with a luxurious down (or downlike) comforter, and you truly have a heavenly bed!

Thanks. You've made the decision a lot easier to make. They sound wonderful.

Kathey - We seem to be in the same boat! Keep me updated with what you decide. I can't split my stays between the Swan and BC because I'm already splitting them between WDW and the HRH at US. If you're going to be in WDW for several nights though, that could be a good option for you. I just hate having to load up and move during a vacation - I'd rather stay at one place. Before the S/D hotels came out with their great AP rates I was thinking about spending the whole vacation at the HRH and just driving over to WDW for a few days. Right now I think we'll just keep our ressies at the Swan and do the BC next year. We'd have the about the same location at the Swan, the rooms are newly renovated, it still has a cool pool, it would save $300 (to cover a few priority seatings), and the late check-out would be great. Good luck in making your decision.:) At least we can't really go wrong with whichever decision we make!:)

Im just back from WDW today to find that the AP rates came out during my trip. That will teach me to leave my computer. ;)
Originally we were booked at rack rate for 9 nights at ASMO. When the AP rates at the Swan/Dolphin were released we cancelled ASMO and booked the Swan. Now after checking it out and really being happy that we will be staying there...Im in the process of booking the last 5 nights (to include Christmas and my birthday) at my favorite, the Polynesian. So we are keeping 4 nights at the Swan and going for 5 at the Poly. :Pinkbounc

Since AP rates don't include 12/27-12/31 the decision for me was easy! I will be keeping my Swan ressies at the AP rate. The Epcot resort hotels are our favorite place to stay! BC is my all time favorite, but as there are 2 families going this trip, not everyone could afford to stay there. Our original plan was to stay offsite & rent a house, but when I saw the AP rates for Swan I booked that. I can't wait to stay there & try the Heavenly Beds. No matter what I'm just happy to be in WDW during the Holidays! This has been something I've wanted to do for many years! Kathy ;)

nuts4sn00py,

I am sure you already now this, but if your reservation starts on 12/26 the AP rate will cover your entire stay.

I didn't think that we would beable to stay anywhere but at a value or a standard moderate, but when I called on 12/28 I was told that since we are staying Dec 26 to Jan 1 or Jan 2 the AP rate at AKL (savanna view) covers the entire stay.

What a discount. 171.71 vs. 457.15 (rack rate).

I LOVE AKL - but I'm sticking with the Dolphin for our two night pre-DVC stay. I'm tired of changing ressies to chase discounts.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter