Who's staying at the Contemporary for the 1st time because of COVID?

We got moved to the Contemporary/tower lake view and are looking forward to it. I probably would never have chosen it on my own, but it is a more than acceptable change.

We got moved to Contemporary from Poly. I had never booked CR because I don’t love the “hotel“ feel of it (versus a “resort“ feel of our faves), but we’re excited about trying someplace new, and The Wave is pretty good.Gotta be flexible with the circumstances!

Me !! We got moved from AKL Savannah room to garden wing ... we are on the fence about it 🤷🏻‍♀️

We have stayed at the CR four times over the last couple of years. We feel the staff are so personable and go the extra mile for guests. They are number 1!! Per theming I like the GF more but the CR is number one for my significant other. We do enjoy walking to MK and love that the transportation center is the first monorail stop after leaving the CR. On the way back from EPCOT or Hollywood (we walk or boat from EPCOT to Hollywood) I usually walk from the transportation center through the Poly to GF. I am so excited that GF will soon be connected to MK. You will be able to walk from the transportation center to CR. How cool is that??!!! I believe you will love CR. The pool and outdoor area is wonderful. You are also a short boat ride to check out Wilderness Lodge. The laundry facility is great. Very clean. It is so nice to pack half of what you need for a stay. That is if you don't mind doing laundry once mid-vacation. I do believe you will very much enjoy your time at the Contemporary Resort.

Hi All - had to move due to NBA taking over Coronado Springs. First time at Contemporary. Curious about how long it takes to get over to Hollywood Studios and Animal Kingdom from there. We are a rope drop family and like to get on rides early in the morning so wondering if when I arrive on the first bus, if I will be close to the front of the touchpoints or behind the masses.

Moved from AKL Jambo (non DVC) Pool View to CR Garden Wing Garden View. At first was bummed. I love AKL (fav resort on property). But knowing that Jambo isn't gonna be open at all, I would not have been thrilled about a move to Kidani. Just doesn't have the same feel to me.

The more I looked into CR GW/GV I got into it though. We're only doing one night and no parks, so being in a (much) bigger room, close to the pool/"beach", the great food at CR, walk to/view of the MK (even tho we're not going) etc. is appealing to me. We've never stayed in CR so that's another one to check off the list too.

I was Jambo house or nothing for AKL so to me a $100 free upgrade to an MK resort...I'll take it!

We also were moved from AKL savanna view to CR garden wing. Not happy, I was told we'd have a view of the parking lot.

We also were moved from AKL savanna view to CR garden wing. Not happy, I was told we'd have a view of the parking lot.
The parking lot view would only be if you got a Standard View room at the CR Garden Wing. You might want to double check MDE to see. Also even TPV rooms in the tower have a parking lot view if you look down.

Note: The Garden Wing is only 3 levels and the 2nd and 3rd floor rooms don't have a balcony. 1st floor rooms have a patio.

Dave

We were moved from CBR to CR. It’ll be our 1st time staying there. It was always on our bucket list and as an extra bonus, we’re in the main tower. We were considering cancelling before the move due to all the restrictions going on, but this could be a game changer.

I went from Yacht garden woods view to Contemporary garden view standard room. Not very happy, went from a nice balcony in a refurbished room to an old dingy room looking at the parking lot. This is all so random. Lots of moderates are being switched to Contemporary, yet a deluxe get stuck in the worse rooms. It sounds like everyone at Coronado is getting Riviera resort, which is much more comparable to the Yacht in location and price than the Contemporary. If I didn't already have my plane tickets, I would cancel for sure. Disney has done a completely awful job in this whole process, not to mention the hours and hours everyone is spending on hold.

We were moved from the Beach Club SV to the Contemporary Garden Wing, not overly excited but we will take it. I wasn't downgrading to Pop Century lol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter