who's sailing 1/12/02 on Magic?

duskysmom

Mouseketeer
I looked at the list, but wondering who all will be with my family of 4......myself (37), dh(37), dd(10), and ds (2) are just over the moon excited.......we're from PA.....My dd best friend from OH will be joining us! Talk about the perfect present for my dd!
:wave:

We are also going on the same cruise. Myself, dh, ds(11), and DD(8). We are also from PA . Flying out of Phila the night before. Where are you flying out of? Hope to hear from you soon. Amy:D

Small World!:D We are flying out of Philly EARLY Saturday morning.....we live near Carlisle.....are you anywhere near? Looks like your son and our daughter may be meeting each other.....Are your kids as excited as mine? Bouncing off the walls excited! just 15 days!!!!! :bounce: see ya soon...kris:wave:

I am not sure where that is. We are in the bucks county area. I think I am bouncing more than the kids. Do you have early or late seating? What do you plan to do on the islands? Amy:pinkbounc

Bucks County....N. of Philly?

We are South Central PA.....just off the turnpike, 20 miles west of Harrisburg...

We have the early seating....along with our friends from OH. Because of the ages of our kids, we are just doing beaches on ST. M and St. Th. We're planning to head to Great Bay on ST. M and either Coki or Magens on St. Th. What has caught your eye?

I did book excursions on CC.....dd and dh will tandem parasail, and then dd and I will banana boat....also snorkel.....

Is this your first disney cruise.....it is for us....it's quite the treat for my daughter to have her bf along.....kris :D

Hi guys. My dh (42), me (36) and three dd's ages 11,9, and 5 will be sailing with you on the 12th. We are only an 8 hour drive from Port Canaveral.....so we're driving down early and doing a couple days at the parks before we sail. I am so excited I am having trouble sleeping. Have you packed yet??? What clothes are you taking? I have never cruised before and am somewhat lost about what to wear!

Hi! My family will also be sailing with you all on the Jan 12th. It is me (31), dh(36), dd (7) and ds(4). We are traveling with a friend I work with and her family. This will be my friend's second Disney Cruise and my first.

This is my first cruise and I am soooo looking forward to it! We're staying in room 8082. I'm l can't wait to have my morning coffee on the veranda!

My friend and I are also interliners. We work for an airline so no Castaway Club membership for us. :(

I was introduced to this board by another co-worker of mine (dawngee). Thanks to her, I have done nothing but spend my time reading all the posts here! What a wealth of information!
Thanks to all for such great information!

Gina - who is trying to convince her DH to wear a tux to Palo's...

:rolleyes:

Just bumping this up for anyone else for the 1/12 cruise. We'll be there with with DD who is 9. I am very excited, especially since I am currently snowed in. We don't get snow often, so it is kinda fun, but it is even more fun thinking that in less than 10 days I will be basking the sun on the Magic (after applying sunscreen, of course) Interesting to note that out of us, there are 7 girls from 5-11. The DS are clearly in the minority. Anyone interested in a meeting?

GinaC welcome to the boards. They are so addicting, in additional to being so educational! Tell your husband, if he'll wear his tux, my DH will wear his (does this work with men?)

Ksistermom: I have planned my packing but haven't started yet. I am planning on wearing a sequined to the knee dress for first formal night, not sure about the second formal. I hope to get to the sales and pick up a new dress--I never have understood who wears those formal things at Christmas--They would look pretty silly with my New Years tradition--watching a movie, eating popcorn with DD. Now if I can just find something in my size. :(

We would love to meet too. I am getting so excited my husband is ready to kill me. He says all he hears is disney,disney, disney. Let me know when and where. Amy:pinkbounc :o :bounce:

meeting sounds like fun! Someone who has been there...pick a place....time.....and something to id us all! :D

I won't be there with you --- I have to wait until April!! It is traditional for DISers to recognize each other at Disney and on DCL by wearing a lime green colored ribbon somewhere visable...... A popular place to meet is on deck #10 (be sure to specify port or starboard side) overlooking the deck#9 sailaway party.... This way the kids can meet each other right away (adults too!).

Have a wonderful trip!!

:)

sounds like a plan!!!:D I'm heading out today for "lime green Ribbon" and I'll be there....how about Port side....deck 10 as we pull out.....I can't wait to hear that whistle blow!~~Just last year, I sailed with some friends on Royal Carribean....when the Disney ship pulled out and the whistle blew, and streamers...it was a wonderful sight......I was looking forward to what RC would do....ya know what they did? Nuthin'! BORING! Can't wait to do it right with Disney!:D

I think it will be great fun for some of the kids to meet before they arrive at the "Kids Club"!!

I have just finished putting away the Christmas tree in the attic...now I have to pull out all the boxes of summer wear and bathing suits that are up there!! I hope I can get this all done by next week. My DH is not wearing a tux...just a suit, DS too (age 6)...but my DD (age 5) and myself will both be in gowns. I don't get to many chances to "dress up" and it is my DD's favorite pasttime. So I figure, what the heck! Might as well go all out!!

Is anyone else concerned about all the crazy weather in the south??

Looking forward to meeting you all!
Eileen

Since I am in the south, and I am snowed in for the day (Yeah!!), I'm not too concerned. Seriously, looking at the reports on TV, we did get some snow--about 6 inches in my area, with maybe 2-3 more expected. We had a serious snow January in 2000--a total of about 20 inches over a week, including the I-95 corridor. They are much more prepared now than they were 2 years ago. Depending upon when you are driving through, it should be ok. There is the possibility of more snow on Sunday, with the indication that the storm on Sunday would affect the northeast more than this one will. I'm hopefully that all will be OK for next weekend.

Now, as to the meeting, let's take Wovenwonder's and Duskysmom's suggestions, and meet on Deck 10, above Scoops (which I think is on the port or left side of the ship) at 4:15 in time for the sail away party. Try to wear either a lime green ribbon, button, or piece of clothing, and if you see several women, cruising around with girls ages 5-11, just ask "are you a DISer?"

Good group shaping up. I do have a correction to the meeting place. The area on Deck 10 over Scoops is starboard, not port. One day I'm going to get this terminology right. Looking forward to meeting everyone.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter