Who's Rebooking Canceled Trips For July & August?

pokee99

Mouseketeer
We are so disappointed to cancel our March trip, but planning to rebook for late July / early August.

The only downside is that the hotels are a lot more expensive during this timeframe.

I'm also a little concerned that the park will be super busy during that timeframe (because of Avengers Campus). They were likely to be extra busy regardless of the closure.

If the park stays closed through April (which many think is highly likely), how many of you that have to cancel would be rebooking in the summer?

We rebooked for August 3-8. I give up on having the perfect plan or worrying about crowds or closures or boarding groups. I’ll be with my family in California, not caring about toilet paper or maintaining 6 feet of distance, and that is enough for me.

Last edited:
We had a cruise on the Wonder booked in April. We were super bummed about it but we used the cruise refund to put a deposit down at the Disneyland Hotel for late August...will be our first time staying at DLH so we're excited! Looking forward to Avengers Campus! We'll be going in with the mindset of just rolling with whatever is in store crowd-wise and utilizing Max Pass.

We were suppose to be flying in today (from very Northern Canada) for 2 weeks! We managed to cancel flights for credit and hotel without penalty. Our tickets don't expire until the end of the year so maybe August or Christmas. I work in Education so those are our only options.

We were suppose to be flying in today (from very Northern Canada) for 2 weeks! We managed to cancel flights for credit and hotel without penalty. Our tickets don't expire until the end of the year so maybe August or Christmas. I work in Education so those are our only options.

I also work in education. I was thinking maybe December break. I haven't been to Disneyland during the Christmas decorations before, so that's kind of an exciting thought.

We are so disappointed to cancel our March trip, but planning to rebook for late July / early August.

The only downside is that the hotels are a lot more expensive during this timeframe.

I'm also a little concerned that the park will be super busy during that timeframe (because of Avengers Campus). They were likely to be extra busy regardless of the closure.

If the park stays closed through April (which many think is highly likely), how many of you that have to cancel would be rebooking in the summer?

I am not, but thank you for starting a positive thread. (booking new trips to DL)

I also work in education. I was thinking maybe December break. I haven't been to Disneyland during the Christmas decorations before, so that's kind of an exciting thought.

Teacher here. We've only done a quick one day trip (we have local family we were visiting) during actual Christmas break on 12/22, and it was totally worth it. I'd do it again. With a good plan the crowds are doable, and it's worth it to be there for Christmas at Disney. Definitely my favorite time of year there. The Small World overlay is downright magical, especially if you've never seen it before. The facade all lit up at night is incredible.

I think July and August is too soon. We are in for many months of disruption is you follow the science on this. I’d be looking to book into the latter part of 2021, otherwise you’ll be repeating this same dance if cancelling, rebooking in a few months.

I have every intention of visiting in July if everything is up and running and my family is healthy. I am not booking anything until much closer, as I expect things to continue to change drastically over the next couple months. I don't even care how much it'll cost to get a hotel.

I think July and August is too soon. We are in for many months of disruption is you follow the science on this. I’d be looking to book into the latter part of 2021, otherwise you’ll be repeating this same dance if cancelling, rebooking in a few months.

There's no guarantees, that's for sure, but i have no problem at all repeating cancellations in 4 months if things aren't back to normal (or a new normal, anyway) by then...

I have every intention of visiting in July if everything is up and running and my family is healthy. I am not booking anything until much closer, as I expect things to continue to change drastically over the next couple months. I don't even care how much it'll cost to get a hotel.

I don't understand why? I rebooked my hotel right away. I can cancel 48 hours prior with zero penalty, so for me, it was a no brainer.

We are currently booked on an Alaska cruise in June that will likely be cancelled so we are thinking of moving our October Disneyland trip to July and cruising in October.

I rebooked a mid-April trip to mid-August back in early February.

I went back today to add an extra day (Wednesday night) and it was asking for $500 extra, which seems a lot for PPH. Wonder if that’s from the extra demand now.

We rebooked for mid August. Our school doesn't go back until Labor Day so I'm hoping for light crowds, maybe local kids have to go back to school?? I thought about waiting until Thanksgiving but that seems so far away and we are always bored in August and Thanksgiving is probably crowded.
Our school district wants families who travel to areas of "community spread" to self-quarantine for 14 days upon return. I work for the schools and people knew I had a trip planned so we had to reschedule. I know there are other families that will still travel to Florida and Alabama and not self-quarantine so that seems unfair but it is what it is.

I'm booked for April 5-11 at Disneyland, but I have an August trip already booked for Disney World.

I know, I know - first world problems. I'm not sure yet what I'll do.

we just switched our April 3-11 trip to august. I hope I’m wrong but I just don’t see them reopening April 1.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter