Who's planning to cruise in 2010 with me?

So - have you decided to take your DD out of school? I've been debating the exact same thing. They start Kindergarten next year - and we are planning to take them out for 5 days to go to WDW. Wasn't sure about 2010 as they will be in 1st grade - wasn't sure how the school district would react. But I prefer the idea of cruising in the fall over the summer.

I know, tough call. Mine will be in first grade also when we go, at the height of learning to read. I wasn't sure how I felt when we started talking about going in Jan...wait or take her out. I'm not sure what our school's policy is on this being we haven't started kindergarten yet, but now we're going anyway. You can justify it any way you want but my angle is "life experience" and "family time". I'm sure I can put an educational angle on the experience. Look, she'll be out for five days, not a month. This cruise will be planned WWWAAAYYY in advance...I'm sure I can make some kind of arrangement with her teacher. I think she'll still learn to read either way. We live in a pretty affulent area, I figure we can't be the first to take our kid out for a vacation!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter