Who's on the 6-17-06? ... i know im not the only 1 already countin down!!

Lisa ,

Glad you made it home , and you are correct the sky did open up on us and we got drenched , Melissa auditioned for the Fear Factor live show and they had to stand out in the rain for like 30 minutes and they didnt even pic her so she was soaked through and through , Dylan did make it for the eating challenge which was pretty gross what they had to eat , but it was funny , he didnt win but he did manage to get some of that blended crap down ..lol

So needless to say Melissa had to change clothes out in the parking lot so she didnt have to ride the plane wet , we did have a good time but as the day drew on at Universal we were ready to come home ...

VAgal76 said:
Oh, crap! :eek: I hope no one had to endure it. I'm sure it was quick recovery. $64,000 ransom is it? :smokin:

I hope you got my good side....I leave you alone with your thoughts on how to answer that. :rotfl:

I think under the tips for newbies it should boldy state that Deck 10 is a no skirt zone. It'll help fellow future female cruisers escape a rather embarassing moment. I think I'll head over there now to warn the female newbie population.

imomtojd said:
Drew - I'm betting it was when we were pulling away from Key West. Hope it wasn't the evening when I too was wearing a dress. Dresses are not made for deck 10.

:rotfl2: Nope, nothing so "revealing". It'll be a little bit of a letdown, but it was at the "Sail Away Celebration". Todd's family was on the pool dance floor, Nicki's family down there as well (but off to the side), Lisa and Bonnie were on Deck 10 opposite DS and I, who were snapping away at all of ya! :cool1:

DisneyVegas1 said:
Lisa ,

Glad you made it home , and you are correct the sky did open up on us and we got drenched , Melissa auditioned for the Fear Factor live show and they had to stand out in the rain for like 30 minutes and they didnt even pic her so she was soaked through and through , Dylan did make it for the eating challenge which was pretty gross what they had to eat , but it was funny , he didnt win but he did manage to get some of that blended crap down ..lol

So needless to say Melissa had to change clothes out in the parking lot so she didnt have to ride the plane wet , we did have a good time but as the day drew on at Universal we were ready to come home ...

Sorry about the bad weather on the last day, Todd...would've been nice for that perfect sun to hold out just one more day. :goodvibes

Pics should be available this weekend. :banana:

--Drew

P.S. Who's made their chili?! While it's not as good as on the Magic, hopefully eating it will bring back a fond memory of a great week! popcorn::

Hello all we just returned home today long drive from orlando to Olean ny. we are wondering if anyone else was at Typhoon Lagoon on saturday after the Magic docked. we were there about 10:30 until the lightning closed the park. we had a great dinner at the California Grill that evening. Todd we got a couple of great photos of a disney cast member in front of the Pirates Of the Caribbiean attraction pm us a email address and we will forward to you.it was really great seeing everyone at castaway cay. Judy we just wouldnt feel right leaving Chris and Pat behind for a christmas cruise we are thinking of a Eastern the 3rd week of may. hope everyone is saftly at home now. Mike

Can I just say guys that it has not stopped raining since we got home - literally!!!

A lot of streets are flooded here... :guilty:

IMG_6058.jpg

IMG_6059.jpg

heeheehee...

ann-e-mator said:
Can I just say guys that it has not stopped raining since we got home - literally!!!

A lot of streets are flooded here... :guilty:

IMG_6058.jpg

IMG_6059.jpg

heeheehee...

Yeah we been watching the news and seeing all the flooding there back east , Hopefully you have a boat , or if it floods more the "Magic" can come pick you up ..lol :rotfl2:
Thanks for the pics ..they look great .....

lol i wish that would happen. i dont have a boat, but im thinking about building one now. LOL.

although, the rain has made work a lot easier this past week... who wants bagels and pastries in the pouring rain? haha.

Sorry the rain's been so bad. We actually lucked out. It stayed east of us, so we didn't get too much yesterday and last night. Let's just hope we don't get a hurricane any time soon. The trees don't have a chance.

Okay smart ones out there. How do I post pictures?

Lisa

"P.S. Who's made their chili?! While it's not as good as on the Magic, hopefully eating it will bring back a fond memory of a great week!"

Thanks so much Drew. The chili was wonderful. I didn't know you could make chili so easily. I'm going to try to use the "boil and eat" ;) method on other types of chili recipes. It was very thoughtful of you to bring it for us. Hope you and Matthew have had a good week back. Take care, Lisa

To post, you have to put your pictures on a photo site like Photobucket.com, that gives you a URL link... then when you go are typing your post, click on the little mountain icon, and paste the URL link in there. :thumbsup2

We had a great time on the Disney Magic with all our new friends. Thanks to Todd and Melissa for hosting the Meet and Greet...I'm glad it was on the first day. I could not belive how many of you we ran into again and again. Thanks Drew and Matthew for the chili mix. I haven't tried it yet, maybe over the weekend. We couldn't have asked for nicer weather, it was a perfect week! We stayed in FL for two more (rainy) days to visit with my parents who just retired there last November. Thanks again for all the memories!

Vicki

p.s. I got a picture of Nikki and Todd (Jack Sparrow) during the Interactive Script with Pirates of the Caribbean movie and will post it later. Too late to be thinking.

imomtojd said:
"P.S. Who's made their chili?! While it's not as good as on the Magic, hopefully eating it will bring back a fond memory of a great week!"

Thanks so much Drew. The chili was wonderful. I didn't know you could make chili so easily. I'm going to try to use the "boil and eat" ;) method on other types of chili recipes. It was very thoughtful of you to bring it for us. Hope you and Matthew have had a good week back. Take care, Lisa

You're welcome, Lisa! Hope Jess & Dylan enjoyed it as well. I didn't go into the variations on eating it...but Cincinnatians serve it over spaghetti, covered by mounds of cheddar cheese (3 way). And we always cut the spaghetti. Weird people, aren't we? :confused3

vbreslin said:
Thanks Drew and Matthew for the chili mix. I haven't tried it yet, maybe over the weekend.

Vicki, you're welcome as well. We were quite thankful to be taken under wing by everyone, particularly since I found the discussion thread only a month before sailing. Thanks to everyone for making us feel welcomed!

:love:

Hello Everyone ,

Just checkin in to say hey , got some great news , we may be going on the last Double Dip on the Magic in Dec :banana: :banana: - We have a room reserved so we have to make our mind up by Monday night , Anyone wanna join us ??? :woohoo:

Havent done the Chilli yet as it is way to hot here in Vegas for that yet ...

My sister in Chicago saw all our pics and was originally going to go with us but couldnt cause they had just moved from San Diego to Chi town (why I dont know) But they are serioulsy talking about the Dec date , so it looks like we may be going ....yeah :banana: :banana:

I figured out how to get my pics online for you guys to see. I have them in an album on the angelfire website. :thumbsup2

Since I was told I am not allowed to post with url links, I'll tell you how to get there. Sorry for the detour.

My album is on angelfire (dot) com Add the following right after
(dot) com /planet/vickibres/cruise_2006/

You should recognize the first 2 pics in the album from DIS'ers (Todd and Nikki at Pirate night) pirate: and Lisa and Mike (profiles at Animator's Palette). The rest are family shots from the cruise.

Can't believe it's been almost a week since we were on the cruise. Feels like forever!

Todd....how great that you're planning on a double dip in '06. Have fun! :banana:

Vicki

wdwluvrs said:
Todd what is the date for the december cruise we could check our calender Mike

Mike , Its the Dec 9th - the 16th ..Its the last Double Dip cruise to Castaway Cay ....

Vicki - Thank you for the link ...the Pics look great of the Fam - And of course I love the one of Capt Jack , and his wench Nicki ...JK Nicki ..... :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

lol thanks Todd :p

We re-booked for December 2007... SO FAR AWAY!!! :guilty: :badpc:

I doubt I'm even invited this time considering they all called this my "last family vacation" lol

I would put all my pics online, but I have over 1000, and it would literally take 11 hours to upload them all onto my photo site... And I'm lazy.

great pics vicki. :thumbsup2

Well it looks like it is a go for us in Dec 2006 - should get everything confirmed Monday ... :banana: :banana:

I cant Believe we are going back , and it was actually Melissa's idea , which is very surprising ... I guess she wants to see Captain Jack Sparrow again :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :lmao: :lmao:

we are watcing the Disney magic on the port cam now how disapointing they must all be missing the space shuttle lift off maybe those on the wonder will get to see it tomorow. we are trying the chili tonight going for the fourway. thoght it would be a nice way to member our boarding on the 17th and first meeting everyone Vicki we are still trying to view yuor photos we still have to get all ours developed hope everyone is enjoying there saturday . Mike

Vicki, great pics.

Nicki, thanks for your help with posting pictures. I'm going to try one but I don't know how to make it print smaller in the post. Any ideas.

Todd, I'm really jealous. Mark looked up the dates and there's no way we can do it. Both kids are still in school :sad2:

To all - we will always cherish the wonderful memories and new friends we made on our "magical" cruise. It will be fun to continue to keep in touch with this wonderful board.

Lisa

IMG_0094.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter