Who's on the 6-17-06? ... i know im not the only 1 already countin down!!

imomtojd said:
"And dont forget your Pirate costumes Drew and Matthew ... pirate: "

I'm not feeling guilty, I'm not feeling guilty, I'm not feeling guilty... We're going to enjoy seeing everyone else in their elaborate pirate costumes :teeth:

Welcome Drew - I'm Lisa with DH Mark and DS's Jess (15) and Dylan (8). Matthew will have plenty of company on the ship. Just blink an eye and those (is it 18 now?) days will fly by. Is there a way to get it stop once we'e on the ship?

See everyone soon.

Lisa

Thank you for the warm welcome! Don't feel guilty, Lisa...I'm still teetering on the costumes too. Matthew (I think) is slowly warming up to the idea, anyway. pirate:

As for stopping time...I won't give anything away, but we saw "Over The Hedge" yesterday. Suffice to say there is a scene were time slows to a crawl...Matthew and I looked at each other and simultaneously whispered, "Cruise!"

:Pinkbounc <----so anxious I can't sit still

--Drew

magicalfam5 said:
:cool1: We got our doc's today too!! So did my sister. :cool1:

Welcome Drew and Matthew!!

Sorry I've been gone for a few days, we've had great weather and have been hanging out by the pool so much. I have a slight tan, just hope it doesn't fade before we leave.

Judy

Judy, thanks for the welcome! Glad you finally received your docs! :)

TAN? I KNEW there was something missing in my pre-cruise plans! Oh, well...at least everyone will recognize me: just look for the walking "steak tartare"! :rotfl2:

Looking forward to meeting y'all!
--Drew

Waaaaaa - where are my docs? :sad:

Oh well, there's tomorrow.

Going to sleep dreaming of the magic pixiedust:

Lisa

I havevn't checked this thread in so long.... :blush: Is there still room for two more at the Dis Meet, DisneyVegas? It'll be my son and I. I think my DH is just going to hang out. I hope you don't take offense to that. He's just a little interverted.

I haven't seen any of my docs either. However, I used a TA and she herself and her office were all on a cruise this past weekend. Now that rocks! :thumbsup2 I hope I get them this week. :wizard:

Have you organized people started packing yet? :rotfl2: I have to go shopping still. :teeth:

Are a lot of you dressing up for Pirate night? DH is going to keep his attire simple (bandana and maybe an eye patch) but I and DS have costumes. pirate: Arrrr!

We all have pirate costumes! pirate: I think that's the only thing I have packed. I'm the only uncoordinated one in my family who hasn't packed yet... And we leave in 13 days! :rolleyes1

I'm glad I'm not the only proscratinator in the group. :crazy:

Ok, I got a pic of us so you know what to watch out for when you see this crew coming through. I'm on the right and he is obviously in the middle. Now ya'll don't be shy to say hi to us. DS decided last year that all character pics would be mug shots for him so don't be fooled by the facial expression. He's really having fun with it. I guess he's in one of those stages. :rolleyes: I'm really wondering when it's going to end. He's still crossing in his eyes in some pics - even school pictures! :sad2:

A.jpg

VAgal76 said:
I havevn't checked this thread in so long.... :blush: Is there still room for two more at the Dis Meet, DisneyVegas? It'll be my son and I. I think my DH is just going to hang out. I hope you don't take offense to that. He's just a little interverted.

I haven't seen any of my docs either. However, I used a TA and she herself and her office were all on a cruise this past weekend. Now that rocks! :thumbsup2 I hope I get them this week. :wizard:

Have you organized people started packing yet? :rotfl2: I have to go shopping still. :teeth:

Are a lot of you dressing up for Pirate night? DH is going to keep his attire simple (bandana and maybe an eye patch) but I and DS have costumes. pirate: Arrrr!

Are you kidding ?? Room??? Its the Walt Disney suite , should be plenty of room ..lol if not we will just have the party flow out into the Hallways ...lol ...I hope most are dressing for Pirate Night pirate: - I didnt grow all this facial hair for nothing !!!lol

We leave in 14 days ...yeah :banana: :banana: :banana:

DisneyVegas1 said:
Are you kidding ?? Room??? Its the Walt Disney suite , should be plenty of room ..lol if not we will just have the party flow out into the Hallways ...lol ...I hope most are dressing for Pirate Night pirate: - I didnt grow all this facial hair for nothing !!!lol

We leave in 14 days ...yeah :banana: :banana: :banana:

:lmao: I didn't realize the great lengths people would go.

Cool! :goodvibes I'll be there. :woohoo:

:banana: Our docs arrived today by UPS. :cool1: My husband and my name are on one set of docs and my daughter's name is on the other set. Guess they do 2 people per set. :confused3

I have not started packing yet but I have a list ready for when I do. It's too hot to go up in the attic and get down the suitcases. :sunny:

See you all soon! :yay:
Vicki

vbreslin said:
:banana: Our docs arrived today by UPS. :cool1: My husband and my name are on one set of docs and my daughter's name is on the other set. Guess they do 2 people per set. :confused3

I have not started packing yet but I have a list ready for when I do. It's too hot to go up in the attic and get down the suitcases. :sunny:

See you all soon! :yay:
Vicki

Congrats, Vicki! I'm right there with you on the packing dilemma. We'll make the final decision this weekend, but it'll come down to a choice: pack a suit and a tux :clown: , or pack a suit and a pirate pirate: . Decisions, decisions....

--Drew

"Congrats, Vicki! I'm right there with you on the packing dilemma. We'll make the final decision this weekend, but it'll come down to a choice: pack a suit and a tux , or pack a suit and a pirate . Decisions, decisions....

--Drew"

I say pack the Tux (so we wont be the only ones..lol ) and the Pirate Costume ..... pirate: pirate: Thats my Vote ...lol :rotfl2:

Hi Everyone,

I haven't posted to this thread in such a long time, but with our date approaching I wanted to check in! We're all so excited. This is a Make-a-Wish trip for my DS (4). It will be so special for him - and for all of us.

Every night at bedtime DS(4) and DD(8) ask me to tell them what it will be like on the cruise. They just can't wait to get there!

I haven't actually started packing, but I designated an area in each of our closets for "cruise wear" and I pulled our suitcases out of the attic! I'm hesitant to actually fill the suitcases now - too many wrinkles! I also did some shopping for sundries, etc.

I hope to meet many / all of you nice DISers onboard. How do DISers meet / recognize each other on board?

Not much time left now!!! See you all in 15 days!!

get_us_to_WDW said:
Hi Everyone,

I haven't posted to this thread in such a long time, but with our date approaching I wanted to check in! We're all so excited. This is a Make-a-Wish trip for my DS (4). It will be so special for him - and for all of us.

Every night at bedtime DS(4) and DD(8) ask me to tell them what it will be like on the cruise. They just can't wait to get there!

I haven't actually started packing, but I designated an area in each of our closets for "cruise wear" and I pulled our suitcases out of the attic! I'm hesitant to actually fill the suitcases now - too many wrinkles! I also did some shopping for sundries, etc.

I hope to meet many / all of you nice DISers onboard. How do DISers meet / recognize each other on board?

Not much time left now!!! See you all in 15 days!!

:wave: Hi, Get Us to WDW! Yes, we are doing our jig. :cool1: I posted a picture of DS and myself. I can dig up one of my DH but seeing that he's 6'5 you shouldn't have a problem picking him out. Sandy colored hair with a buzz cut with a shortie shouldn't be too hard to locate. ;) DIS signature color is LIME green so I bet quite a few people will have a ribbon or something to that effect on to set themselves apart. DisneyVegas is holding a DIS meet on embarkation day in...now get this....Walt Disney suite. :woohoo: He says everyone is welcome. It's on deck 8 2:30-3:45 p.m. I'd love to meet your family, too. I hope you'll be able to stop by. This is such a special trip for your family. I'm sending a ton of pixie dust your way for an absolute blast. :dance3: :yay:

Hi "Get us to WDW" :wave: !!! I am from Pennsylvania too. We're near Lansdale (1 hr east of Philadelphia). We'll be at the meet & greet party: in the Walt Disney Suite on the 1st day. Hope to see you there.

I learned that the DIS color is lime green from the reply to your post so I'll have to pack something in that color too!

Vicki (with DH Chuck and DD Amy (8))

Hi VAgal76 and vbreslin - thanks for the welcome! I will try my best to make it to the gathering. Our plane doesn't land until noon. I'm a little worried about this because it seems to be cutting it a bit close - I've read all the suggestions to arrive the night before! I'm hoping it all goes smoothly!

vbreslin, we're in Havertown. Exit 9 of the Blue Route. About 45 minutes from you!

Has anyone booked the Dolphin excursion in Cozumel? I'm considering this because my son loves animals, but I read somewhere on these boards that the park in Cozumel is closed and we may be ferried to mainland Mexico to another dolphin site. Anyone have any thoughts / info on this?

I definitely need to spend some time this weekend organizing and packing for this trip!!

Welcome "get us to WDW"!

Well, we're about 90% packed. You will be able to pick us out because we will be the family with all the wrinkled clothes on since I just had to pack so far in advance!!

We were booked (not through DCL) for a dolphin swim in Cozumel but it got cancelled because the park isn't ready yet. They (dolhpin excursions) usually book up pretty fast. My kids are older and we wanted to do the swim (which DCL doesn't offer) which is more involved than the encounter. I say if you could get on it, do it. I have read though that the ferry ride (to the mainland) could be rough at times.

Last day of school today! :cheer2: :banana:

Judy

:dance3: FINALLY the docs have come. Now it is really, really real.

Haven't really started packing yet but do have a pile of sunscreen, water shoes, bathing suits, etc. I'll add more this weekend. We still have a week of school and the preschool where I work doesn't end till next Wednesday. That's when I'll really hunker down and start packing.

Lisa

Welcome "get us to WDW" Glad to have you with us ...

the days are numbered lol Dont forget your Pirate Garb ...lol pirate:

Just think after the Magic leaves tomorrow for the western it wont be leaving again for the western without us ...lol

DisneyVegas1 said:
Just think after the Magic leaves tomorrow for the western it wont be leaving again for the western without us ...lol

That is an awesome thought!! Thanks DisneyVegas1

DisneyVegas1 said:
the days are numbered lol Dont forget your Pirate Garb ...lol pirate:

DS(4) has an extensive collection of pirate attire (he is a big Peter Pan fan) - so the kids are covered. DH and I have some tropical shirts from a luau party we had a few summers ago - maybe we'll wear those!

I'm getting more excited with each post!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter