Who's in for May 2013 code watch?

So if we book now for May 2013, we can lock in the current rate and then apply any discount that may become avail between now and then? We are looking at the first week in May.

Yes, you can book a room only now, and if a deal comes out - apply it. I was going to do that, but now think I may just wait for packages. :goodvibes Hoping we all get a good discount! :wizard:

I am (currently) flexible for which week we travel. Our 20th anniversary is in March but we've decided to wait until May for our anniversary trip. We honeymooned at Disney so it just seemed appropriate to go for our 20th, too.
:lovestruc

We also drive from NC...flying is nice but we enjoy driving and having our own vehicle on property.

cindermomma: Posting pictures is pretty simply. I registered with Photobucket because it's free to use. I did upgrade to pro account which was about $25 for a year. You upload your pictures to Photobucket and, once that's done, you'll see three (maybe four) links underneath each picture. You'll need to copy the bottom link and then come back to the Dis and paste it. Hit Submit Reply and :wizard: there's your picture.

Booked! Will keep watching for any discounts that we can apply, but if nothing else I've locked in the room. Let the planning begin! :dance3:

My DD graduates from college in early May and my DS finishes his Soph year around the same time. We'd like to take a trip in May before DD starts a "real job". We've always gone (as a family) in June or July and it's always soooo HOT! Our HS Band Trip in May was really enjoyable (fun to watch the preschoolers, too). :dance3:

We're hoping for a discount and maybe FREE Dining, but have never been able to qualify due to the dates of our trips. Please keep us informed!:thumbsup2

I usually just lurk as I don't always have time to jump in on post but this one I need to keep an eye on. We put off a trip this year due to a new baby so we are looking forward to next year. DS who is 6 can't wait to go back for SWW:thumbsup2

Mind if I join??? Looking at the 11th through the 17th. We are bringing B&SIL with their 3 kids for their 1st trip. We have always traveled as a "solo" family, so group touring will be new to us. Can't wait, hoping for a great discount!!! Woohoo!

We will be there the May 11th thru the 16th, do you know where you are staying?

I heard 2013 room only rates are out, is this true?

You can call and book a Room-only reservation now. I've already booked mine for May 11-18, 2013. However, if you want to do a package, you will have to wait. :thumbsup2 (And you can't book RO for 2013 online -- you have to call.) :goodvibes

You can call and book a Room-only reservation now. I've already booked mine for May 11-18, 2013. However, if you want to do a package, you will have to wait. :thumbsup2 (And you can't book RO for 2013 online -- you have to call.) :goodvibes

Thank You Lidian, I am already booked for part of my trip, just wondering if the rumors were true that the room rates were out for 2013 even though package rates are not?

I called, one said they were out and gave me pricing, the other said no they are not out, the pricing I received was 2012 pricing.

3rd call was the charm, 2013 room rates are out according to 2 of the 3 CM's I spoke to. Rates didn't go up to much.

Thank You Lidian, I am already booked for part of my trip, just wondering if the rumors were true that the room rates were out for 2013 even though package rates are not?

I called, one said they were out and gave me pricing, the other said no they are not out, the pricing I received was 2012 pricing.

3rd call was the charm, 2013 room rates are out according to 2 of the 3 CM's I spoke to. Rates didn't go up to much.

I knew what the 2012 room rates were for my resort, and the rates I was charged were slightly higher. So yes, the new room rates ARE out, and there was a blurb about it in the WDW blog with the ticket price increase. :thumbsup2 So glad that you at least got 2 out of 3 CMs who were knowledgeable!

I think the only thing stopping the packages is they haven't announced DDP prices. :confused3

Edit: Here's the link that mentions the ticket and resort increases. It doesn't lay out the resort prices by "season" or room category, but gives you a general idea of the price increase. For instance, I think most of the mods went up around $8ish.
http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/walt-disney-world-resort-ticket-prices-2012/

I knew what the 2012 room rates were for my resort, and the rates I was charged were slightly higher. So yes, the new room rates ARE out, and there was a blurb about it in the WDW blog with the ticket price increase. :thumbsup2 So glad that you at least got 2 out of 3 CMs who were knowledgeable!

I think the only thing stopping the packages is they haven't announced DDP prices. :confused3

Edit: Here's the link that mentions the ticket and resort increases. It doesn't lay out the resort prices by "season" or room category, but gives you a general idea of the price increase. For instance, I think most of the mods went up around $8ish.
http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/walt-disney-world-resort-ticket-prices-2012/

Thank You!

And judging by your ticker, we'll be arriving on the same day! Will you be doing a PTR or anything? I'd love to hear what others have planned!

I am also arriving the same day as well! :thumbsup2 My first time going to WDW in the Spring.

I forgot to tell ya'll that I had my trip report started. Hopefully, writing the trip report will help the time pass until we are back in the "world" in May, 2013. Ya'll are welcome to come along for the ride. The link is in my signature below.

You're welcome! :goodvibes

And judging by your ticker, we'll be arriving on the same day! Will you be doing a PTR or anything? I'd love to hear what others have planned!

I noticed that too! Yes, I hope to start a PTR soon. Where are you staying?

I forgot to tell ya'll that I had my trip report started. Hopefully, writing the trip report will help the time pass until we are back in the "world" in May, 2013. Ya'll are welcome to come along for the ride. The link is in my signature below.

Just went over and checked out your TR. What a great start!!

So when are you going to start a PTR for your next trip?:lmao::rotfl2:
No rush.:rolleyes1

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter