Who's in for GREECE and TURKEY, June 15 2003????

Monstro said:
FB people? How does one join the FB page?

Thx
Jeff

Jeff, go back a few posts and see the link reference in my post with the roll call and spreadsheet link. There is a link there for the Facebook group as well.

DL1957 said:
Congrats!
We also do all DCL excursions we will have to compare to see if we are on any of the same. I know we are not going white water rafting!:rotfl:
Sue

Hi Sue

Here are the excursions that we booked. Any duplicates? I've done white water rafting before and it is a blast! That was a must for us!

Villefranche - White Water Rafting
La Spezia - Submarines, Sailboats, Steamships, Aquarium
Rome - Vatican Museum, Sistine Chapel, Basilica, Colosseum (Adult Only)
Athens - Athens, Acropolis and New Acropolis Museum with lunch
Ephesus - Ephesus, Didyma and Miletus with Lunch
Mykonos - Delos Island (Adult Only) - 10:15
Valetta - Gozo Experience

MJGirl said:
Hi Sue

Here are the excursions that we booked. Any duplicates? I've done white water rafting before and it is a blast! That was a must for us!

Hey MJ we have 2 the same. Athens & Delos. We almost did the same one at LaSpezia but decided to go to Cicus Tierra
Sue

Hey MJ we have 2 the same. Athens & Delos. We almost did the same one at LaSpezia but decided to go to Cicus Tierra
Sue

Cinque Terra was our second choice. Kirstyn likes aquariums .. so I though I would let her win that port, as I won most of the others :)

MJGirl said:
Hi Sue

We are on the same one as you in Ephesus!

booked last night, got everything we wanted, except only have 3 of 4 slots on the Delos Island trip. Either have to wait for an additional slot to open, or wife takes the 2 kids on the family one and go solo on the adult one. Have to wait and see what opens up.

you must have gotten last of Delos...it was gone by the time I looked...we would need our friends who are silver to be able to get it as well

So the only DCL tour we are doing is Nice and Monaco - value package.

We have a private tour in Rome, Pisa and Lucca, Ephesus, Athens, Malta and Barcelona when we get back. We haven't figured out Mykonos yet, but have some ideas...we'll have to see you all on the ship because we'll be on all our own tours.:upsidedow

nzdisneymom: Your blog is awesome! Thanks for sharing your experience and knowledge. I have been finding it very useful.

** blush ** Thanks. I'm enjoying writing it, and it's been a good way for DH and the boys to know what the plans are without having to listen to me chatter on and on about them! They can just read at their leisure and they have no excuse for not knowing what's coming up :) For me, the planning is as much fun as the doing - and they don't have interest in the planning - but I do take into consideration what they want to do and talk it over with them before signing us up for things. I'm excited that blogger.com has the ability to update by email so while we're traveling, I'll be able to send posts (and some pictures) so our family and friends back home can get a somewhat "live from the road" report.

Should know the answer to this one ... but brain is failing me ... :)

What time is main dining? :confused3

I have an excursion in Rome until 5:45 and was wondering if dinner that night will be at Topsiders?

Hi, Pam:

We are also planning to DIY in Malta. I read on several Cruise discussion boards that there's a bus that you can take and it will take you to all the stops.

I have been researching it and it looks fairly simple.

On our last cruise in Aug 2010, my husband walked up all the stairs to the central plaza and square and bought Malta honey.

It was so good that we plan to purchase more when we return.

Thanks for the tip! We love honey and will add this to the list of what we need to purchase. I think we're doing to do Malta on our own and with DCL. Just added the Blue Grotto and am going to purchase a Malta treasure hunt so we can do that through Valletta after the Grotto.

MJGirl said:
Should know the answer to this one ... but brain is failing me ... :)

What time is main dining? :confused3

I have an excursion in Rome until 5:45 and was wondering if dinner that night will be at Topsiders?

5:45, but on our last Med and Baltic, dinner was available to main sitting diners on late day port times. We would walk on board and head to dinner no matter how late we were.

5:45, but on our last Med and Baltic, dinner was available to main sitting diners on late day port times. We would walk on board and head to dinner no matter how late we were.

We had the same experience. It helps to let your server know the time your shore excursion will be back. Since it is on DCL they may already know.

DL1957 said:
We had the same experience. It helps to let your server know the time your shore excursion will be back. Since it is on DCL they may already know.

Our servers always knew what we were doing the next day when we had DCL excursions.
We would also let them know if we were not planning to make it to dinner the next night so they wouldn't wait around for us.
You are right that they adjusted times for dinner so everyone could enjoy the dining room and the ports.
If you have only done the Caribbean or Bahamas with DCL, you are in for a real treat n the Med and on a longer cruise. We love it and it feels so different on the longer cruises n

It looks like many of us are on the same DCL excursions, which will be fun! This is the first cruise we've done where I've "met" people ahead of time and I'm really enjoying it! It was nice to have people to chat with on Facebook before midnight on Friday. Makes the planning even more fun.

We are doing: Monaco, Monte Carlo & Eze, Acropolis Sightseeing & Archaeological Museum with Lunch, Ephesus, Didyma & Miletus with Lunch & Blue Grotto with DCL. We are doing Rome and Florence/Pisa on our own. We also got Palo dinner and brunch (which we've never done before) and some spa. We wanted Delos Island with Disney, but didn't get it. I will keep checking, but we will do it on our own if it's not available. Anyone interested in Delos with us or know about going on your own?

CJCPixieDust said:
It looks like many of us are on the same DCL excursions, which will be fun! This is the first cruise we've done where I've "met" people ahead of time and I'm really enjoying it! It was nice to have people to chat with on Facebook before midnight on Friday. Makes the planning even more fun.

We are doing: Monaco, Monte Carlo & Eze, Acropolis Sightseeing & Archaeological Museum with Lunch, Ephesus, Didyma & Miletus with Lunch & Blue Grotto with DCL. We are doing Rome and Florence/Pisa on our own. We also got Palo dinner and brunch (which we've never done before) and some spa. We wanted Delos Island with Disney, but didn't get it. I will keep checking, but we will do it on our own if it's not available. Anyone interested in Delos with us or know about going on your own?

We have three with y'all... Athens Ephesus and Villefranche. We have to definitely meet up ahead of time to have faces and names.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter