Who's in for GREECE and TURKEY, June 15 2003????

Hey Sue ... I got off the ship ... walked about half a block and had a yummy Tim Horton's coffee ... It was sooooo gooooood .. I also spent time calling home! It was great to use my Cell phone without having to worry about roaming charges :)

I remember back in 07 ... we did a tour after we boarded the ship? Surprised they are not doing it again?

By the way ... 150 days to go!!!!

HEy MJ
Saw your photos of your 2013 trip to WDW we didnt even make it there is 2012! We also got off and walked around. Met friends there who were boarding in Vancouver for their first DCL now one of the friends will be going on this cruise with us her 4th! Paul and I did the share excursion off the ship during embarcation and it worked well. We are taking the one on debarcation that takes you back to DCL hotel since we are not leaving until the next day! Sue

Well I just checked and no Turkey or Greece this AM. We have 149 days until we sail and for platinum we have 29 days until we can book shore excursions! Maybe later today (wishful thinking) or tomorrow!:confused3

Hi folks! :wave2:

Checking back in. I was on here originally when we first booked this cruise about a year ago (!). I am kicking my planning into high gear, so I will be around here a lot more!

DL1957, what is an SE?

Hi folks! :wave2:

Checking back in. I was on here originally when we first booked this cruise about a year ago (!). I am kicking my planning into high gear, so I will be around here a lot more!

DL1957, what is an SE?

Sorry it is shore excursion. Welcome back to the group:wave2:

:confused3
Well a 148 days until we cruise and 28 days until some of us can book shore excursions and this morning there are still no shore excursions for Turkey and Greece. Oh well maybe next week.
Have a good weekend.

I called DVC today to check on our preferred cabin availability as I've seen a few folks cancelling recently, but DCL tells DVC that the ship is sold out. Full. Completely. But try again when it gets to the date when penalties start.

I find it hard to believe its sold out we had GTY 4a and it was changes to a room 2 months ago. I had a friend who had to cancel recently have seen a few on here and we are not even at pay by date. Curious?

I find it hard to believe its sold out we had GTY 4a and it was changes to a room 2 months ago. I had a friend who had to cancel recently have seen a few on here and we are not even at pay by date. Curious?

I know, right? I just looked to do an online booking and it lets me pick from Cats 9A-9D, and 5A - 5C. But all would be GTY cabins.

I called DVC today to check on our preferred cabin availability as I've seen a few folks cancelling recently, but DCL tells DVC that the ship is sold out. Full. Completely. But try again when it gets to the date when penalties start.

Cchecking the website there are only rooms in Cat 9,B,C,D and 5 A,B
and they are booking those as at GTY no room assignment.
Cindy did you ask about the shore excursions for Turkey/Greece? A couple of times I have called DCL direct when using points about cabin changes and if you get a nice castmember they will help you. We were lucky enough for the Baltic to get changed to our favorite cabin. This time we were forturnate enough to start there!

Cchecking the website there are only rooms in Cat 9,B,C,D and 5 A,B
and they are booking those as at GTY no room assignment.
Cindy did you ask about the shore excursions for Turkey/Greece? A couple of times I have called DCL direct when using points about cabin changes and if you get a nice castmember they will help you. We were lucky enough for the Baltic to get changed to our favorite cabin. This time we were forturnate enough to start there!

I had our TA call (for our second cruise) and she said that they said they are still waiting to hear from the rest of the other ports before they release the shore excursions - and that they said they are hoping by the middle of February. Ay yi yi.

Thanks for the tip about calling DCL directly - I did that early on and they pretty much scolded me about it, so I have been having DVC call them and hopefully they are making enough notes in our reservation :) But the thing is that if the people who booked 6116 are still sailing, it's not fair to boot them out for me - but my guess is that they didn't pick the cabin specifically - that they just took the first one that the system assigned. I may call next week and see if there's any way DCL could contact the people that are in 6116 and see if they would change cabins. However, 6114 is a connecting cabin while 6116 is not, so that might be a deal-breaker. I'll just keep hoping for pixie dust.

We haven't sailed in a connecting cabin before ... I wish I had realized it before we accepted the assignment.

nzdisneymom said:
I had our TA call (for our second cruise) and she said that they said they are still waiting to hear from the rest of the other ports before they release the shore excursions - and that they said they are hoping by the middle of February. Ay yi yi.

Thanks for the tip about calling DCL directly - I did that early on and they pretty much scolded me about it, so I have been having DVC call them and hopefully they are making enough notes in our reservation :) But the thing is that if the people who booked 6116 are still sailing, it's not fair to boot them out for me - but my guess is that they didn't pick the cabin specifically - that they just took the first one that the system assigned. I may call next week and see if there's any way DCL could contact the people that are in 6116 and see if they would change cabins. However, 6114 is a connecting cabin while 6116 is not, so that might be a deal-breaker. I'll just keep hoping for pixie dust.

We haven't sailed in a connecting cabin before ... I wish I had realized it before we accepted the assignment.

It is worth a try. DH and I are like you 5622 is our favorite cabin and we have been fortunate to get it 6 of our 9 cruises on classic ships. I hope they have Turkey and Greece up sooner because we can book on 2/15 which is mid Feb.!

I realize we would not have shore excursions posted today but since it is Saturday and I am at work :scared1: I thougth I would check and give an update. This means 27 days until we can book our shore excursions. Happy weekend to everyone. Sue

scubadiver said:
The DW wants to know if someone has established a FB page for this cruise.

No so far. I am on FB and for many Disers who are not setting up a FB it makes the info disconnected. Last cruise we had both it not all info got share. Sue

scubadiver said:
The DW wants to know if someone has established a FB page for this cruise.

I asked about this a while ago and was under the impression no one was interested.

I was also curious... I have 2 girls 10 and 12 if anyone with girls that age want to get them emailing I know they enjoyed getting to know kids before our April cruise PM me and we can work something out.

I asked about this a while ago and was under the impression no one was interested.

I was also curious... I have 2 girls 10 and 12 if anyone with girls that age want to get them emailing I know they enjoyed getting to know kids before our April cruise PM me and we can work something out.

I must have missed it when you asked a while ago...I set it up...I figured that was it was there...I have a DD that will be 12 when we cruise...I'm sure she'd enjoy getting to know your daughters.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter