Who's in for GREECE and TURKEY, June 15 2003????

justhat said:
Not sure if this was posted or not, but I just got it from concierge and wanted to pass it on.

June 15th -Casual
June 16th- Casual
June 17th- Casual
June 18th- Casual
June 19th- Formal Night
June 20th- Casual
June 21st- Casual
June 22nd- Casual
June 23rd- Pirate night
June 24th- Semi-formal
June 25th- Casual
June 26th- Casual

Oh, and they said we'll have a character breakfast too, but of course we won't know that day till we board.

Thank you so much for posting this. I'm already packing and this is so helpful.

And YAY for character breakfast! I was so bummed not to have one on the Fantasy. Even though there were lots of appearances it was still kind of hard for us to get to them. We kept missing characters because the line closed while we were on line for another or because we were at another activity. Thankfully my DDs autograph list is now very short.

Hello, All! My family has had this cruise reserved for quite some time, but have been unsure if we could definitely go until just recently. I am happy to report that we will be going and I can now start our planning! I might have missed this in the pages of posts, but does anyone have a favorite guidebook recommendation for the Mediterranean? I know online resources will be helpful, but I like to hold a good book now and then! Thanks!

CJCPixieDust said:
Hello, All! My family has had this cruise reserved for quite some time, but have been unsure if we could definitely go until just recently. I am happy to report that we will be going and I can now start our planning! I might have missed this in the pages of posts, but does anyone have a favorite guidebook recommendation for the Mediterranean? I know online resources will be helpful, but I like to hold a good book now and then! Thanks!

Welcome to the group.
Rick Steves is excellent we have his med cruise one as well as for each of the countries we are going to,

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

MinnieDiva said:
As of today, I am also doing the PIF dance! ddc4d Paid the tips, too!

Apparently emoticons don't work from the iPad. Dddc4d is a thumbs up icon. Lol!

Welcome to the thread! I've added you to the Who's Sailing (see the link in my sig line). Be sure to add yourself to the roll call spreadsheet, too, if you haven't already (link also in the same post and above a few posts). We bought Rick Steves' book, too.

Thank you so much for posting this. I'm already packing and this is so helpful.

And YAY for character breakfast! I was so bummed not to have one on the Fantasy. Even though there were lots of appearances it was still kind of hard for us to get to them. We kept missing characters because the line closed while we were on line for another or because we were at another activity. Thankfully my DDs autograph list is now very short.

Don't they do character breakfast based on where you've eaten the night before? I bet they will have the "themed" nights in the three restaurants on the nights before sea days so the next morning will be the character breakfast. We haven't gone as a family to a character breakfast in ages, mostly because we have main dining and that means early seating for breakfast - and on a sea day, my guys prefer to sleep! I nearly always wake up early on cruises so if I remember that it's character breakfast morning, I'll go by myself.

I noticed they a put a few Barcelona shore excursions up that have to be booked from the ship. We may take one of them. Hopefully this means the Turkey and Greece ones are not far behind! Sue

Don't they do character breakfast based on where you've eaten the night before? I bet they will have the "themed" nights in the three restaurants on the nights before sea days so the next morning will be the character breakfast. We haven't gone as a family to a character breakfast in ages, mostly because we have main dining and that means early seating for breakfast - and on a sea day, my guys prefer to sleep! I nearly always wake up early on cruises so if I remember that it's character breakfast morning, I'll go by myself.

They do but the Fantasy doesn't have one at all. We were on the inaugural Fantasy and asked them about it and they the restaurants were set up to accommodate them in terms of size and layout. Weird. We thought it might change beyond the inaugural as they got things set up, but I guess not.

The 7 night Med before this one won't have a character breakfast, or at least they only told me there would be one on this cruise and not that one. I guess cause there are only 2 sea days there.

But yeah, normally it is the sea day after your AP theme night, right?

Can you find out if they will have the tux rental avail. I would rather not bring the tux to Europe

Thanks

They did the last time we went. Banking on it again.

I'll ask to double check, but I was planning on what MinnieDiva said. My son got a tuxedo for Christmas (weird 6yo, that was the only thing he asked for!), so he's all set, but my husband does not have his own.

We've never done a character breakfast at sea before and we've only ever done one at Disneyland so this is a huge asterisk on our bucket list. Our first Disney cruise was only a 6 night, so nada and as said before the Fantasy doesn't have them so 0 for 2.

They do but the Fantasy doesn't have one at all. We were on the inaugural Fantasy and asked them about it and they the restaurants were set up to accommodate them in terms of size and layout. Weird. We thought it might change beyond the inaugural as they got things set up, but I guess not.

The 7 night Med before this one won't have a character breakfast, or at least they only told me there would be one on this cruise and not that one. I guess cause there are only 2 sea days there.

But yeah, normally it is the sea day after your AP theme night, right?

Good to have an approximate day to highlight in the itinerary. Thanks! Hopefully for a DCL newbie like me they don't change their mind about the CB on the 12 night and my DD and I get our wishes granted. 3rd time's the charm! *Pixie Dust*

I noticed they a put a few Barcelona shore excursions up that have to be booked from the ship. We may take one of them. Hopefully this means the Turkey and Greece ones are not far behind! Sue

I hope so too. My DD can't narrow down her excursion choices until they post Greece. With Check-in for Platinum cruisers a bit more than a month out they have put up Turkey and Greece before then, right?

Another step closer to cruising...

I just booked my flights a few days ago --
redeemed ff miles for a (mostly) business ticket on Lufthansa. Has anyone flown them before? I'm glad the routing only has 2 segments in each direction -- BOS-FRA-BCN and reverse. (Previous searches were only finding availability on routings like BOS-YUL-ZRH-BRU-BCN.)

Now if only the new port excursions would appear on the web site....

We are flying Air France from Bos

Hi ImprovGal & burma- My family & I are fellow Rhode Islanders on this sailing- small world, small state! We have had the reservation for a long time, but just recently decided we could definitely go. I'm now in fast forward planning mode and just finished reading through this entire thread to get caught-up!

Welcome to the group.
Rick Steves is excellent we have his med cruise one as well as for each of the countries we are going to,

Welcome to the thread! I've added you to the Who's Sailing (see the link in my sig line). Be sure to add yourself to the roll call spreadsheet, too, if you haven't already (link also in the same post and above a few posts). We bought Rick Steves' book, too.

Thanks, DL1957 & nzdisneymom! Rick Steves' book arrived today and I know my plans for every free moment this weekend! Thanks for adding us to the Who's Sailing list. I'm never this behind in my planning, but I couldn't let myself get excited and start planning until I knew we were definitely going. Let the fun begin!

CJCPixieDust said:
Thanks, DL1957 & nzdisneymom! Rick Steves' book arrived today and I know my plans for every free moment this weekend! Thanks for adding us to the Who's Sailing list. I'm never this behind in my planning, but I couldn't let myself get excited and start planning until I knew we were definitely going. Let the fun begin!

You are most welcome..... Enjoy the planning

ok completely off topic ( do not flame me:furious:) what type of electrical connection is needed in Barcelona. We are staying a week before the cruise, but need to charge iphones and nooks. We have/recieved no help in the local stores on this issue Anything would be appreciated.:worship:

scubadiver said:
ok completely off topic ( do not flame me:furious:) what type of electrical connection is needed in Barcelona. We are staying a week before the cruise, but need to charge iphones and nooks. We have/recieved no help in the local stores on this issue Anything would be appreciated.:worship:

I'll take a pic and post it this weekend. It's a 2-pronged thing.

scubadiver said:

This is not off topic, and I am glad you brought it up. Barcelona is on 220V so we do need adapters so as not to blow out all our devices. Sometimes hotels have them you can borrow.

iPhones only need an adapter because they are rated for universal voltage but I'm not sure about your nook. You may need a converter.

Check each electronic to be sure. Converters are more expensive than adapters.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter