• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Who's heading to the USA in Sep/Oct this year?

How exciting for you all, trips will be here before you know it! We're hoping to get over to WDW next September so hopefully some of you post trip reports when you get back so I can live vicariously through you all whilst I wait for my next turn!

Heading to Aulani in October. Fly out of Melbourne on the 18th and leave on the 27th and then spend 1 night in Waikiki and fly home on the 28th. Cant wait
Awesome, we absolutely loved Aulani :lovestruc We had five nights there in April last year, so amazing.

Hope you dont mind me joining in! :)

We head off soon. Me, my DH and 9 year old DD.

We are leaving Sydney 21 Sept and back on 8 Oct.

We are in Anaheim for 16 nights. We have annual passes so are good to go :) We plan on going to universal on the 26th to check out Harry Potter!

Getting excited :)
How wonderful, 16 nights in Anaheim...love it! We will be there at the same time! Our Anaheim dates are Sep 19th to 27th :) Whereabouts are you staying? We're at the Camelot.

We stayed at Hyatt Place Waikiki in April 2014 and were very satisfied with it. Hope you will find the same!
Great to hear! It looks really good. Unfortunately we have to leave early in the morning so will miss the free breakfast but at least they have that little market so we can grab some snacks for the road!

@Ihaveamickeymousekid - please join in - the more the merrier!

18 sleeps for us :tongue:

Haven't booked anything for Las Vegas yet (except accommodation) and still have a few tours/tickets to book for LA.
So excited, an extra bonus is that friends of ours are also going to the US during the September school holidays and it turns out will be at Disneyland for some of the same days as us:yay: Don't tell the DDs - its a surprise!
How wonderful that your friends will be there at the same time!!! None of our friends have travelled to the USA, it would be so much fun if they would!

OMG almost bursting out of my skin!! Only 10 days until we fly out to Orlando!!
Woohoo, that will go fast! :dogdance:

6 more sleeps for us....party:
Woop not long at all :dogdance:

7 sleeps for us!! WOOOOO
Not long for you also! Happy dance :dogdance:

Count us in!

DFi and I are off to DLR (first time!) and a West USA road trip in October:

- 16/10 - DLR (Park Vue Inn)
- 21/10 - Zion (Bumbleberry Inn)
- 23/10 - Bryce Canyon (Bryce Canyon Log Cabins)
- 24/10 - Capitol Reef (Capitol Reef Resort)
- 25/10 - Monument Valley (Desert Rose Inn & Cabins)
- 26/10 - Lake Powell (Best Western View of Lake Powell Hotel)
- 27/10 - Grand Canyon (Best Western Premier Grand Canyon Squire)
- 29/10 - Las Vegas (New York, New York)
- 31/10 - LA (Hollywood Celebrity Hotel)

After DLR, we're flying from LAX to LAS, where we pick up the car from McCarran International, drive out to Zion from there and do a few nights in Vegas on our return.

We then fly back home to NZ on 2/11 :thumbsup2 (but we don't land until 4/11 because of the change in time zone!)

You will have an AWESOME Time! Zion, Bryce and Monument Valley are just as amazing as the Grand Canyon (Bryce was my favourite) :)

Heading with 3 of my 4 brothers in October (it's been 3 years since my last trip)

LA 3 days - including Knottsberry Farm which I've never been to
Orlando 3 days including Disney and Universal (doesn't seem enough, but I'm not a big fan of Animal Kingdom and can do MGM in half a day)
Up to Georgia, North Carolina, Tennessee Smokey Mountains to go to Gatlinburg/Pigeon Forge and Dollywood
Down through Chattanooga, Alabama to New Orleans
Up to Shreveport
Over to Dallas (staying next to Six Flags over Texas)
Fly up to Vegas
Drive to LA for 2 days in Disneyland

Big trip, probably a few fights...haha

Thank you, Melby! We can't wait...not long now!

Your own trip sounds great, especially the southern states, I've always wanted to head down there myself.

1 sleep to go! :)

Last minute shopping done, bags pretty much packed, just got to try and get some sleep before we fly out tomorrow...........

Wishing everyone else who has a trip in the coming months a wonderful time.
Wishing those who are planning a trip, much joy (cos planning is one of the best parts)
And those who are thinking of another trip (where ever that may be), hope you can make those dreams a reality. :earboy2:

:yay:We have finally got our plans sorted and only a week to go!!
14/9 NZ to LAX via MEL or SYD
14/9-19/9 Hojo Anaheim and general DL madness- sad about no more Aladdin but excited to see new Soarin'! Was looking at condos but opted for good ol Hojo in the end...4th stay there now.
20/9 Drive to Las Vegas. Stay Elara by Hilton (former Planet Hollywood Suites I think)
20/9-23/9 general Vegas madness- or as Vegas as you can get with 2 teens in tow... Plus Valley of Fire for some calming desert zen...
23/9 drive to LA. Stay in house in Atwater Village(near Silverlake) booked via AirBnB
(Our first time using airBnB so bit nervous as I booked it - and my family are picky!)
23/9-28/9 six Flags Magic Mountain for scary coaster madness and one or two days at Universal - Harry Potter, plus a bit of culture (Getty, LACMA) and shopping....
28/9 start trying to get home via Oz on standby...

Well, we are back!

Had a fantastic time at Disneyworld, Disneyland, Vegas and LA. Even though it was over 4 weeks - the time went very fast but have some amazing memories. :)

Hoping everyone who is currently in Florida is staying safe.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter