Who's Had Enough Of Frozen?

I like Frozen. I like Tangled better. I love Rapunzel, and I wish Pascal was real... but I can't remember a time when a film was so popular with so many children for so long. With have lots of children in our street, and over the summer, I've heard one or more of them singing Let It Go at LEAST once a day. I work in a high school, and again, I've been hearing various musical numbers around the school regularly since January. Stuff comes and goes so quickly in school, but something about Frozen has struck a chord, even with some very cynical teens I work with. I wore my Elsa/Doctor Who crossover t-shirt to school sports day, and got people coming to tell me they loved it all day. Followed by more coming to see me because their friends had told them I had Elsa on my t-shirt. It was stupid.

I kind of get why Disney are milking it, even if I think it's a bit much for me personally... but Frozen is big. It's staying big. Why not give those that love it the opportunities to make the most of it now, whilst it's big, rather than when the popularity has faded?

I agree Tangled was better...better songs too. I love my job, but I'm tired of being asked about Frozen every 2 seconds. :p I always keep it magical though. :wizard:

Winter is coming. Sorry if you don't like Frozen. It won't be going away.

Excellent!

Who's losing their head first....?

My money's on Olaf - snowman - no blood to scare the kiddo's - goes right back on with a little more snow.....

I agree Tangled was better...better songs too. I love my job, but I'm tired of being asked about Frozen every 2 seconds. :p I always keep it magical though. :wizard:

Agreed. Tangled was much more clever and had better music. As a 30 year old woman, I know I'm not Disney's target audience, but i was bored with Frozen in a way I haven't been bored with the other princess movies. Maybe the thinness of the plot that the non frozen fans speak of is why the movie resonates so much with the kids?? I'm just glad I don't have any trips planned for 2014. Hoping the madness at the studios blows over by 2015 :-)

Agreed. Tangled was much more clever and had better music. As a 30 year old woman, I know I'm not Disney's target audience, but i was bored with Frozen in a way I haven't been bored with the other princess movies. Maybe the thinness of the plot that the non frozen fans speak of is why the movie resonates so much with the kids?? I'm just glad I don't have any trips planned for 2014. Hoping the madness at the studios blows over by 2015 :-)

Me too! I thought it would be right up my street as I loved Tangled and pretty much all the princess movies but it was just "meh." One of the things I think Disney has excelled at is having something for everyone and having things for adults as well as kids but I just didn't get Frozen in the slightest. Maybe it was all that snow....

I was late seeing the Frozen movie, as in I did not see it in the theaters. I had heard all the hype about it being the best Disney movie since Lion King, etc. After watching the movie my reaction was kind of like, "It is that it?". I don't think it's the best Disney movie since Lion King, which by the way is a way better movie than Frozen. I felt like there should have been more to it. But I also realize that my age wasn't exactly the targeted market. I asked my daughter her opinion, she completely agreed with me. So to answer the original question, YES, it's too much. The movie was thin, lacking, not that special, & only had one song that was really catchy. My DD has no desire to see A&E & I know for a fact she would be highly upset with Disney turning Malestorm into a Frozen ride.
And before any flames get thrown my way for not loving the movie, this all just my opinion, & last time I checked my messages, Disney was not calling me for my opinion on things....unfortuntely.

This.

We watched it. We were basically, "Um...is that it?"

I don't get it. The character with the blond hair (How's THAT for being so late to the game I'm not IN the game!) isn't really even one to aspire to. I mean, she didn't exactly always act nice and I don't see her as a role model. So why all the hoopla over getting her costume? The whole thing is weird. :confused3

I agree that Lion King was better. Start saving your pennies now cause Frozen ~ On Broadway (!) will soon be coming to a city near you and Frozen on ICE and who knows what else. :thumbsup2

Did we really need another thread about people being sick of Frozen?

I feel like Cassandra from The Iliad. It is my doom to see the future but not be believed. :yoda:

Then again, you don't really need prescience or prophecy to see this thread coming. :cool2:

At least the predictions of "it's just a fad, it will pass" seem to have subsided.

I totally agree, it was a nice movie but I'm getting sick of the hype surrounding it. I'm just hoping that everyone at HS does the Frozen event stuff so there will be less crowds at the actual attractions.

I'm SO over it! It was a fun, entertaining movie but it is not nearly as groundbreaking and amazing of a movie as people hype it up to be. *shrug*

Also, Norway? Really? Last time I checked, Frozen isn't from Norweigian history or culture.

I was ok with some. The MK and the DHS made sense. But Frozen taking out Norway in Epcot is just wrong. :headache:

While, I am not interested in the Frozen stuff, at all, I say let people love it! :goodvibes It's not hurting me in anyway. I am choosing not to go to any of the Frozen stuff at HS (if it's still there or comes back) while I am there or buy any of the Frozen merchandise, although Olaf is pretty cute! :) But, if you would like to enjoy, have a wonderful time! I am glad my DS has absolutely no interest in Frozen, this way I am free to not enjoy it! :lmao:

I think there are more things to be bothered with.

It's just a movie, seriously, why is everyone so bothered by its popularity lol you all sound like frustrated teenagers because of <mainstream thing>

And I think it's great it's getting so much attention and Frozen-themed things, so people who love it have the opportunity to do so many things related to it.

And, I don't think they'll do anything with Norway on the WS. I doesn't fit the WS theme whatsoever. They might move the M&G there, and put some merchandise, but I don't think it'll go further than that.

It was mentioned in another post that there are lots of little girl fans, and they're catering to them. There's also alot of adults and little boys who don't care to see Frozen everywhere. So with all the Princess-ifying they've done over the last....10-15 years, they've done very little to hit these other demographics that are arguably larger. Star Wars and Avatar are coming....years from now. Frozen sprang up overnight basically and continues to reproduce like bunnies. Don't get me wrong, I liked the movie...but I don't see this kind of saturation happening when they release Big Hero 6 later this year.

I've had enough of the hype about a week after I saw it. It was a decent movie; it didn't warrant any criticism but it never left any kind of mark on me. I know people loved it but I don't understand why people are obsessing over this movie as if it was the next big thing. I don't see it, it's just another Disney princess movie. Maybe a bit better than others in that genre but not one of my absolute favorites.

I've had enough of the hype about a week after I saw it. It was a decent movie; it didn't warrant any criticism but it never left any kind of mark on me. I know people loved it but I don't understand why people are obsessing over this movie as if it was the next big thing. I don't see it, it's just another Disney princess movie. Maybe a bit better than others in that genre but not one of my absolute favorites.

And certainly not worth Disney cramming it into every available spot in the parks

And certainly not worth Disney cramming it into every available spot in the parks
Is it really that bad? It's everywhere? I'm going next weekend and that's the last thing I'd like to see, other than the Magic Kingdom's hub looking like a war zone.

Is it really that bad? It's everywhere? I'm going next weekend and that's the last thing I'd like to see, other than the Magic Kingdom's hub looking like a war zone.

You will not notice it anywhere except DHS. You won't be doing the M&G so it will not effect your MK days. It has no presence at AK or Epcot. It's hardly running rampant.

I haven't seen it yet:rolleyes1. I was just saying to dd17 today that I should watch it before my next trip because there seems to be a great deal of hoopla surrounding it. I'm kinda of hoping I will love it to bits and pieces so I can enjoy all the Frozen stuff. But that's not likely. I think I will probably think it's cute, and that will be about it. I'm going to save it for the week or so before our trip I think.:)

Can I call myself a Frozen agnostic? Although I think both the movie and the song are overrated, I'm not anti-Frozen. I'm not even anti-WDW for the Frozen saturation. I'm not happy about the coming Norway changes, but they're basically giving the public what it wants.

I guess I just think the parks folks have done a horrible job of putting it in the parks. First-nothing! Then, let's glom on a meet and greet in Norway! Then, let's move it to the Magic Kingdom! Then, whoa--crowd control issues! Let's jam up rope drop and run everybody through the Play Doh Fun Factory of the Castle! Then, hey--let's throw a bunch of miscellaneous Frozen events up temporarily at the Studios (including a morning show that creates another RD bottleneck that they'd solved)! Except we're now extending the temporary thing, so maybe it's not temporary! Or maybe it is! And now we're going to take Norway and turn it into Arrendelle--including a meet and greet that started this chaos in the first place! Yeah, that's the ticket!

It just seems like they're throwing up a bunch of stuff here and there and hoping it satisfies the public's Frozen appetite instead of thinking about it strategically.

Wow, you summed up exactly what I was thinking in detail!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter