• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Who's gonna be at the Fort July 19-Aug3?

kampfirekim

DIS Veteran
Just curious who I may have the chance to meet. I've been seeing a few posts here and there of some who will be there but can't remember which threads or which fiends.

Our dates are July 19-Aug 3. If you're gonna be at the Fort during this time, please post your dates...and don't forget to hang your lime green Mickey Ears when you get there!
I'd love to meet you! :goodvibes

We will be there July 24-July 30 with a new Mickey lamp and green Mickey ears displayed. We have a tendency to have Clark Griswold type trips, so as long as our camper is NOT on fire, feel free to stop by !! :rotfl:

We will be there July 24-July 30 with a new Mickey lamp and green Mickey ears displayed. We have a tendency to have Clark Griswold type trips, so as long as our camper is NOT on fire, feel free to stop by !! :rotfl:

Don't feel bad, our bike rack broke one year and we were dragging them down the interstate causing sparks for we don't know how far! :lmao: If your camper is on fire I'm definitely stopping! You may need me to pull you out....and if not....well, I just love excitement! :rotfl:

I know this is gonna break your heart,,but we won't be there,,,I have to make doughnuts.

Have a great time. Where in Brandon do you live, we live right up the road in Riverview, go to the FT all the time. We won't be there the same dates this time but maybe next time. Would love to meet up with you.

Just curious who I may have the chance to meet. I've been seeing a few posts here and there of some who will be there but can't remember which threads or which fiends.

Our dates are July 19-Aug 3. If you're gonna be at the Fort during this time, please post your dates...and don't forget to hang your lime green Mickey Ears when you get there!
I'd love to meet you! :goodvibes

We'll be there from July 12th - July 25th. Our ears will be hanging from the bunk end.

Have a great time. Where in Brandon do you live, we live right up the road in Riverview, go to the FT all the time. We won't be there the same dates this time but maybe next time. Would love to meet up with you.

We live in North Brandon and try to get to Disney as much as possible except things like baseball, school, baseball, work and baseball keep getting in the way. :rotfl2: That would be great to meet up sometime this year. We may be back in November. Never stayed at the Fort in November-don''t know about the crowds.

Don't feel bad, our bike rack broke one year and we were dragging them down the interstate causing sparks for we don't know how far! :lmao: If your camper is on fire I'm definitely stopping! You may need me to pull you out....and if not....well, I just love excitement! :rotfl:

Sounds like we need to get together and swap stories - like the time we were broke down at the side of the road and my DH set the side of a mountain on fire in West Virginia.:rotfl2:

I know this is gonna break your heart,,but we won't be there,,,I have to make doughnuts.

:sad1: This smiley isn't crying hard enough to show my pain! Seriously, I do hope our paths cross sometime! I'd love to formally meet the famous Frank and Denise! Maybe one day we'll get to go in the fall too....after stupid stuff like school stops getting in the way! :lmao: I wouldn't mind having one of those KK's right now! Mmmmmmmm

Sounds like we need to get together and swap stories - like the time we were broke down at the side of the road and my DH set the side of a mountain on fire in West Virginia.:rotfl2:

A mountain? on fire? :scared1: Where in WV? My DH has loads of relatives in WV! Hope he didn't burn down any of their homes! :rotfl:

There's a lot more to be said about the "Trip of the Sparking Bikes". It was rough! At least all of the mishaps happened on the way to the Fort and aside from having no useable bikes, once we were set up the rest of the trip was smooth sailing. When you're a veteran camper you just learn to roll with it. If we'd been newbies on that trip there would never have been another one! :rotfl:

Then there was the time a sudden storm came up and DH in a rush to get the awning up, was airlifted over the camper and ended up w/a broke toe. :sad2: At least we got a newer, better, more attractive awning out of the deal. Pays to have good insurance. :thumbsup2

We'll be there from July 17th - 25th.. We'll probably have a mickey lamp up, assuming we can get it built by then lol :laughing: We also won't have an awning on our camper (that was ripped off during a storm on the last trip to the Fort :rolleyes1 ) haha

We'll be there from July 17th - 25th.. We'll probably have a mickey lamp up, assuming we can get it built by then lol :laughing: We also won't have an awning on our camper (that was ripped off during a storm on the last trip to the Fort :rolleyes1 ) haha

Don't forget your lime green ears! I hope to achieve building a Mickey lamp too! I may even light it up green! As far as your awning goes....refer to previous posts. You're not the only one! :lmao:

I don't know if we count, since we will be in a cabin, but our family plus a Grandma will be there July 24-Aug 3. :woohoo:
I'm so excited! We are within the 30 day window!

I was at our local Meijer yesterday and found those really big marshmellows. I was so excited I bought 2 bags. My husband thinks I'm insane. (and let's face it, he's right.)

We will be there Jul 19th through the 25th. Only doing the parks one day this trip so we should be around. Will have our eras up so look for us. We will be on a premium site, stop by if you see us.

We live in North Brandon and try to get to Disney as much as possible except things like baseball, school, baseball, work and baseball keep getting in the way. :rotfl2: That would be great to meet up sometime this year. We may be back in November. Never stayed at the Fort in November-don''t know about the crowds.

We try to go once a month, we will be there next weekend, Labor Day weekend. Also Fri after Thanksgiving, do you go to any other nice campgrounds? We are always looking for new ones. We love Crystal River, but we always seem to go FT.

I don't know if we count, since we will be in a cabin, but our family plus a Grandma will be there July 24-Aug 3. :woohoo:
I'm so excited! We are within the 30 day window!

I was at our local Meijer yesterday and found those really big marshmellows. I was so excited I bought 2 bags. My husband thinks I'm insane. (and let's face it, he's right.)

At the Fort is at the Fort! You definitely count. In fact my parents and 1 bro will be at the cabins during that time frame as well. Try to display some green ears if you can. :thumbsup2

We will be there Jul 19th through the 25th. Only doing the parks one day this trip so we should be around. Will have our eras up so look for us. We will be on a premium site, stop by if you see us.

You'll have your eras up will you? :lmao: You'd better hope the spelling Po Po's don't see that...you'll never live it down! :laughing:

Looks like we're arriving the same day! We'll have our eras up too. Hope to see you there!

You'll have your eras up will you? :lmao: You'd better hope the spelling Po Po's don't see that...you'll never live it down! :laughing:

Looks like we're arriving the same day! We'll have our eras up too. Hope to see you there!

Maybe eras stands for Extra Rope Around Stumps. If so I think it is code for she will be hanging her lime green thongs up to dry.

We try to go once a month, we will be there next weekend, Labor Day weekend. Also Fri after Thanksgiving, do you go to any other nice campgrounds? We are always looking for new ones. We love Crystal River, but we always seem to go FT.

We have stayed off site at the Tropical Palms - right down the road from Disney. The boys enjoyed it there. It is close to Old Town, which is a fun place on Fri or Sat. We will be there Labor Day too but stay at Pop Century, got a good deal on the rate. It's hard to find a campground better than the Fort.

July 19th - August 3rd hugh?? That's odd...we will be there July 19th - August 3rd. Ears will be up. :dance3:

We'll (all 21 of us) will be there from 17 July through 30 July. We'll be on 3 tent sites on, I HOPE, the 2000 loop. Look for our gargantuan lime ears (or eras, to some of you), our Mickey head string lights, our Mickey lamp post, our hands, and blah blah blah. If we're around, stop by because a few more folks won't make much of a difference. :rotfl:

18 days!

Rose

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter