• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Who's Gonna be at Hilton Head for Thanksgiving?

Disneyaholic

DIS Veteran
OK, time to start planning the annual night-before-Thanksgiving DIS get-together at Hilton Head!

Who's gonna be there? Post here and I'll PM you with the details.

Getting close!!!!

:dance3:

We'll be there. This is our first Thanksgiving at HHI, and between getting the menu and the fact that we haven't been able to go to HHI in 1 1/2 years, we're soooo excited! Count us in!

iloveokw said:
Dottie:

We will be there in spirit!

:Pinkbounc

One of these days we'll get you there in person!

Simba's Mom said:
We'll be there. This is our first Thanksgiving at HHI, and between getting the menu and the fact that we haven't been able to go to HHI in 1 1/2 years, we're soooo excited! Count us in!

Already had you on the list too!

I know there were more DIS-ers talking about this before! ;) Where are you???? :wave2:

We will be there. I think we are arriving on Sunday before Thanksgiving. We have a 1br (trade through II) all week and then on Wednesday, we pick up an additional 2br for our kids that are coming in that day. Can't wait. Now all I have to do is decide if I want to order some of the food from the resort for Thanksgiving or do it all ourselves.

See you there!
It is rainy and cold in Illinois!
Binnie

Bump!!

:hourglass It's getting closer to HH time!

Anyone else going to be there? :listen:

Kristen

We were supposed to go for 6 nights starting on the Sunday before Thanksgiving. We had a two bedroom and my parents had a studio. We have gone for the past 5 Spring breaks and had always wanted to go for Thanksgiving. My parents who were with us on 2 of the trips were coming too. Sadly, my mom lost her 2 1/2 year battle with cancer two weeks ago.

We have many wonderful Disney memories with my mom and dad. The first was even a visit to the preview center before WDW was even open! The most recent trip to WDW with them was early Dec. 04 when I had arranged for my dad (a WW2 Navy veteran) to be the Veteran of the Day at the Magic Kingdom on Pearl Harbor Day. What an amazing, moving experience for him (it was a surprise). At one of the HH trips we celebrated their anniversary (they were married 58 years) with A Private Affair. My mother kept raising her glass and toasting the evening as "A Moment in Time." That was one of her sayings -- recognizing the wonderful things in life and special times together.

We are just too sad to go -- it is just too soon.

I hope with our cancellation some other family will have a wonderful trip that will give them some special memories. To all of you going (I was so looking forward to meeting Simba's Mom, I have always loved reading her trip reports -- seems we often went right after they did) have a great trip. At some point, remember to raise your glasses and toast that special "moment in time". You are giving your family wonderful memories that they will always treasure.

I'M very sorry, VMS. We'll miss you and maybe we'll see you there next year (I'm already thinking ahead).

Kewz1 said:
Bump!!

:hourglass It's getting closer to HH time!

Anyone else going to be there? :listen:

Kristen
Thanks for the reminder, Kewz1. Of course, I didn't need a reminder we're going-I'm already planning my packing. But I hadn't yet ordered our Thanksgiving Dinner, and DH actually suggested we get it from Piggly Wiggly (his initial fear was eating at a supermarket so this was a shock!) See ya Wednesday, if not before. I'm sure DH would warn you-if you see a crazy lady with binocculars on a bicycle, run the other way.

VMS.

I am so sorry to read about your loss. Thank you for sharing some of your memories with us. Thank you also for the reminder not to take for granted time spent with family.

Here's to next year then.

Kristen

Simba's Mom said:
See ya Wednesday, if not before. I'm sure DH would warn you-if you see a crazy lady with binocculars on a bicycle, run the other way.

We're arriving early Sunday. I'll be the lady in the purple Crocs. You won't need your binoculars to see them. ;)

Looking forward to meeting you!

Kristen

We will be arriving Saturday, hopefully in time to see B'Lou's magic hour. I can't wait, I'll be the one with the huge grin all week, with DW, and DD's 11, and in tow!!

Mike

I just got back in town, and realized that we have not recieved the menu and activities list that usually comes prior to the trip. Has everyone else already received them?

I will probably wait till Friday, then call MS if it isn't here.

Thanks,

Mike

We got the menu several weeks ago. It says "All orders must be received NO LATER THAN November 10th, 2006. It says any questions call 843-341-4149. Their smaller meal serves 4-6 people, I don't know how many you have, but we went with a Holiday meal from Piggly Wiggly since they have one for 3-4 people.

thanks for replying so quickly Simba's Mom! Gotta love the DIS!

I guess my plan of waiting till Friday is not a good one, we will call tomorrow.

Thanks again!!

Mike

Called the resort this morning, and they faxed over the activities and menu!!

Counting down the days!!

Mike

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter