Who's going to San San Pedro on Sat. 5/28...post here

taeja71

<font color=deeppink>I'll type real slow...<br><fo
:moped: California DISers, Are you going to be at or near the San Pedro World Cruise Center Saturday morning (5/28) to see the MAGIC's historic docking? If you're going, please post here and share with us where you will be. Hopefully, it will be a sunny and clear day for you all. :sunny:

disneyndodgerfans said:
I'm going! We don't sail for another month but I will definately be there Saturday morning to welcome the Magic!

Hey Dodger Fan, we sail with you on 6/25! I wish I could be there Saturday! Riley will be so excited! I've read previous posts that there will be fireworks! How awesome!

30 more days :Pinkbounc

Please take lots of pictures I would love to see them. Still waiting for doc for 6/25 cruise hope they come soon.

We sail July 30th but we'll be there with our group. We're planning on meeting at the Ports O' Call Village and after the events are over we're having dinner there. Will take and post pics!!!! :)

LiserAnn said:
We sail July 30th but we'll be there with our group. We're planning on meeting at the Ports O' Call Village and after the events are over we're having dinner there. Will take and post pics!!!! :)

Hi LiserAnn: My parents live in Menifee Lake and my sis in Lake Elsinore. I think I may have my dad drive us to port to drop us off if that may even be an option. I'd like to tell him where he and my mom can then go to have lunch and watch us sail off. So let me know what restaurants have a good positions to see us off. I'd appreciate it very much. :wave:

Hi, Minniemoms here, coming from sunny Central California..... will be there on May 28th, and can NOT WAIT.... Coming with 4 of my 6 kids, and my DH, and my 80 year old parents, It is their first cruise ever, so they are both nervous and excited. My Dad has Parkinsons disease, and he used to be the biggest and strongest man around, and now, he is getting a little frail, but He is still the very BEST DAD around.;. Can't wait to experience this there first cruise ever with them, and it is also the 1st time for my kids. DH and I went a cruise last February, where we met mmouse37, she is the BEST..... See you all on Saturday.

DisneyTart said:
Does anyone know the approx times it will be arriving and leaving?

We all know you have to be off the ship by 8:am. I think the ship is expected to DOCK around 4-5am (someone correct me if I'm wrong). The Magic is scheduled to leave port again at 5:pm. This is all Pacific time.

We will be there in the morning at around 8:00ish. We can't wait to see a little of the Magic before our next trip.

minniemoms said:
Hi, Minniemoms here, coming from sunny Central California..... will be there on May 28th, and can NOT WAIT.... Coming with 4 of my 6 kids, and my DH, and my 80 year old parents, It is their first cruise ever, so they are both nervous and excited. My Dad has Parkinsons disease, and he used to be the biggest and strongest man around, and now, he is getting a little frail, but He is still the very BEST DAD around.;. Can't wait to experience this there first cruise ever with them, and it is also the 1st time for my kids. DH and I went a cruise last February, where we met mmouse37, she is the BEST..... See you all on Saturday.

Have a MAGICal time! What a great time to be had w/ your kids and parents. How Very very special. :wizard:

minniemoms said:

Oh,...thanks Judy....we had the best time with you guys as well....strange how meeting on the boarding line could turn into such a wonderful friendship!!! Have a great time with your family onboard...I know they will love it!!!

Allie...our 17 year old is having her tonsils out tomorrow so I will home with her all holiday weekend (great way for her to spend the holiday, right..) so I will try get to the computer when she is napping to see some pics posted from the port area!!!

P.S...try not to lose your I.D. this time Lol!!!!

Yes, we will be there with fellow DISers, in particular with winotracy, dletz, and DisneyPata! We are all on the August repositioning cruise. We will share all we capture via video and photos. Tonight, dh and I have PS ressies with winotracy and her dh askageek at the Blue Bayou at DL! They are flying to California as I post! As of this moment, we plan to meet between 5 a.m. and 6 a.m. PDT.

Cannot wait for everything!!!

MJ, best wishes and prayers for your dd as she has her surgery to remove her tonsils today. Thinking of you. :grouphug: Let us know how everything went. Wishing your dd a speedy recovery!!!

Thanks Barbara!!!

She goes in 7:00 am tomorrow morning...she is nervous but knows she needs them out.

Have a great time with the other "fools" (this is an affectionate term, in case anyone is wondering!) at the port to welcome the Magic to CA!!!

Thanks Barbara!!!

She goes in 7:00 am tomorrow morning...she is nervous but knows she needs them out.

Have a great time with the other "fools" (this is an affectionate term, in case anyone is wondering!) at the port to welcome the Magic to CA!!!

PizzieDuster said:
Hi LiserAnn: My parents live in Menifee Lake and my sis in Lake Elsinore. I think I may have my dad drive us to port to drop us off if that may even be an option. I'd like to tell him where he and my mom can then go to have lunch and watch us sail off. So let me know what restaurants have a good positions to see us off. I'd appreciate it very much. :wave:

Hi PizzieDuster! Small world! Your family is basically in my backyard, so to speak. The best place to go is to the Ports O' Call Village for them to watch you off. It's free to enter and to park. Check this link out for more info on events: http://www.sanpedro.com/ . Ports O' Call Restaurant is supposed to have a good view and also Acapulco's has an outdoor patio. Whatever they do, they should probably make a reservation. Ports O' Call Restaurant told me they expect to be busy. You can find their phone numbers here: http://www.sanpedro.com/spcom/restur.htm Any of the restaurants that are in Ports O' Call Village should have a view of the ships sailing out to sea-I would call to confirm but there are many on the list.

Have fun!

Lisa :teeth:

Yes, I will be there too on Saturday! My family and I are booked on the Aug. 20th Repo. cruise. My kids want to see the boat in person and it's only about an hour away from our home. Last week, I returned from a school field trip on Catalina and passed the Carnival boat "Paradise" as we returned to Long Beach. It looked awful and dated!!! I have never seen the Magic in person and I just hope it's better than that Carnival boat. See you in San Pedro on Saturday! :cheer2:

I'll be there on Saturday with my camera poised & ready! There is a lookout at the end of Gaffey Street near Point Fermin - probably about 5 minutes from Ports O' Call. I plan on being there by 4:30 to take pics of the ship coming in - if anyone knows if the ship will be there earlier just let me know. I want to show it approaching the entrance to the port of LA (there is a huge breakwater w/an opening that ships pass through). Then I want to go down to PoCall to join the group there.

If anyone wants to join me at the overlook let me know :)

Weather shows overcast mornings and highs in the 70s through Memorial Day. Sun will most likely burn off the clouds by 11am or so -- more quickly inland, like Anaheim.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter