• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Who's going President's Week?

We've been to Disney many times, including Easter break, but this is our first President's Week trip (mom is a teacher!). We'll be at the BCV from Feb. 14-19 and aboard the Disney Wonder from Feb 19-22. It will be myself, mom and dad for the first few days and then my sister is flying down Wednesday night to join us on the Wonder the next day. Can't believe it's only a month and some odd days away!!!!

We'll be at BWV from the 14th-19th if plans don't change again!:confused:

(I'm cheap - standard view for us)

Sandy

We will be at the BWV at the end of the week after we get off our Valentines Cruise. Staying 1/21 through 1/24 so I guess only one day is really in Presidents' week. W aree are cheap too. Standard view again for us. Waiting until next Thanksgiving to splurge on Boardwalk view.

HBC

We will be there too. I am having no luck with the waiting list for BCV.

Hope the weather is nice as I have been down there this time of year and it can be cold. :bounce:

We are going to be at BCV from the 12th to the 21st, Presidents Week is crowded, but we always go this week and have a great time. We also went in late August, 2003, it seemed pretty crowded then too, plus the heat added to it!

Getting a tease for two days at the end of January for an anniversary suprise!

Qiurky Cruiser

We're doing the exact same thing but we're staying at WLV and it's our first cruise. We've gone both Presidents week and Easter week, Feb is much much less crowded

Hi Roelongo!
You will have a blast on the Wonder - you won't be disappointed! This is my third cruise, my sister's second, and my parents first. I have gone back and forth with transfers - we have always used Disney - but this time I think we're going to use Happy Limo - it will actually be a little cheaper to do it this way.

Glad to hear February is a little slower than Easter! We have actually also been to Disney the week following 4th of July twice and that seemed worse than Easter - but we still had a great time.

One month from tomorrow - woo hoo!!!!!

We are thinking of going Pres. Week next year. It sounds like the crowds are better than Easter and Christmas. How does it compare to Thanksgiving Week??? We were there this year busy but not too bad if you were in the parks early.

TIA

We'll be there (renting points) 2/16-2/20 at BWV and 2/22-2/25 at OKW (first time)
We were there last year 2/17-2/24 and found crowds quite manageable - except MK - that always seems to be busier than the rest. Of course we're also getting to be seasoned veterans, so if the lines too long, we just say -"Next Time!" LOL !
I'm thrilled though, I just snagged an Illuminations Cruise for 2/22. Anyon want to join? (I've posted on Parks Board, too)

We have a reservation for CRT at 9:15am Friday, Feb 20th that we can't use. If anyone wants it (party of 5 2 adults, 3 children) please PM or email me and maybe we can transfer it before I cancel it.

Sandy

We are staying at VWL from Feb 11 to 20th. We are celebrating our youngest DD's 4th birthday while we are there (Feb 13th) so if you see a family of 4 with Princess Sweatshirts with the parents and the older DD shirts saying "She is turning 4 years old at Walt Disney World" and the youngest's shirt saying "I am turning 4 years old at Walt Disney World" stop us and say hi. :D

Tandy R:

We will be at VWL 2/12 through 2/19 - we will look for those sweatshirts. I see you are from South Portland Maine. Maine is another one of our favorite places!! We usually vacation in Maine - we stay Kennebunkport. Hope to run into you at VWL - can't wait to get away from this cold!!!!

:teeth:

SimplyMagical;
Maine is a wonderful place...but I am looking forward to getting out of the cold. :D
I see you are from Clifton Park, NY....my DH and I met when going to school in Troy, NY and my landlord lived in Clifton Park. It's a small world.....after all. :D

We are going to OKW. First we will be staying at Marriott's Cypress Harbour for the weekend and then to OKW rest of the week.
I haven't made any PS calls yet. Better get on taht. I was thinking of something at WLV or AKL.

Right now I am really trying to find the best rates on PH passes. Since we will not be staying on property the entire time LOS are out. Do we get a discount w/ our DVC membership?

Although I am not sure about the discount with DVC membership -I think we have gotten a 10% discount using our membership card on LOS and annual passes in the past.

If you considering eating at AKL, Boma's is great. Good luck with your PS's.

We'll be at BCV Feb 15-20 for our first visit home- we have been to OKW and loved it. If you see a family of four with a beautiful little blond boy (7) in a wheelchair, and DD 9,(also beautiful), that's us! I hope to get some more lime green ribbon or nametags-- no one said hi last year, so I think we need to be more conspicuous:D --like that will be hard!lol...

We will be arriving at OKW on 2/10 and staying until 2/19. My Mom and sister are staying in a studio we rented with points, and this will be our (Me,DH and DS) first WDW trip since joining DVC. Have made several trips to HHI which we love.

Oh please please let us have good weather... New York is having an awful winter... :cool:

Right now at a temp of 10, anything above 50 will be appreciated!
Of course I really want it to in the 70's all week!
I am on my way-getting ready-doing what us Disers do best--PLANNING and OVERPLANNING!
I just got my PH passes. I saw a # on the parks dis board. I got 4 dayPH, plus 1 DQ or something else for $149. each. They expire though.
Made PS for Ohanas for DD's birthday.
I'm trying to figure when to go where. Of course I plan and plan and plan, but when we get "HOME" I am happy to do whatever the day brings!
Look for the lime greenies out ther. Home Depot has paint samples-lime green Mickey's . I think I will attatch them to me or a bag.

:bounce: ::yes:: :cool:

Did anyone book the ressie at the 7 month for a non-home resort for President's week? If so which one. I am planning a trip for next year and was wondering the chances of getting a 2BR and a studio @ BCV.

Dave

Hi Dave,
I was wondering the same thing!! We are planning to go next year. Our home is BCV and thinking about trying VWL. We are going to reserve BCV at 11 months and then decide if we want to try a switch at 7 months.

Also, do you need to reserve day-by-day at 11 months for Presidents Week??

BTW, I see we are neighbors!! This weather sure makes you think about a Florida vacation!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter