• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Who's Going in December?

We are going from November 29th - December 2nd... To celebrate my birthday and also my first visit ever to Disneyland! I am so so excited! We are WDW vets, but I can't even tell you how excited I am to visit Disneyland! Especially when it's decorated for the holidays! Beyond excited for IASW and HM overlay!

The only part I'm a little nervous on are the crowds on Saturday the 1st... I read that the Candlelight Processional will be that night, so I'm hoping things aren't too swamped. We don't plan on watching the Processional, so my hope is that so many people are watching and ride lines will die a bit, haha. :)

So far, we are planning on doing the Holiday Time Tour, dinner at Blue Bayou, and the World of Color dining package. We are also planning on picking up Premier Annual Passes, so I'm definitely going to enjoy the discounts from that on this trip. :) :)

My 2011 holiday trip began on the second day/night (Sunday) of the Candlelight Processional. I've been to DLR at all sorts of times during the holiday season over the years but this was my first time being there over a CP weekend - even just for one day of the CP.

One of my Facebook friends - who was at DLR the day prior to my arrival, on CP Day 1 - told me that the crowds on CP Saturday were absolutely awful.

In my limited experience, what I observed on Sunday is that the crowds were not that bad (not what I expected, anyway) until about mid-to-late afternoon. That's when not only the lines for the rides got long, but also the crowds were packed in along Main Street as they tried to walk one direction or another, and so on. The earlier part of Sunday was fine.

I did notice that there were a lot of people at my hotel on CP Sunday, though.

The Candlelight Processional is not all that easy to view - it's not as accessible as it is at WDW - so a lot of people don't bother with it, and they see it as a chance to get on rides. It is now seen as more of an exclusive event, even though I suppose you could stand around and try to find a viewing spot. It's not even widely publicized by Disney. So I don't think the lines for rides will be short - it is a weekend, after all!

But, I can say that the Monday immediately after the CP was delightful! DCA emptied out. My hotel emptied out. Even Main Street was not crowded, compared to what it usually is.

Escape2Disney said:
It sounds like you have a fantastic trip planned! You are right - with the dining vouchers, you'll have to pay the difference if your meal costs more than the value printed on the voucher. I'd suggest adding Carnation Cafe to your list of TS restaurants. The meals are reasonably priced, so you shouldn't go over. If you are looking for something fancier, you might want to try Carthay Theater.

For Counter service, it really depends on your taste. We like Pacific Wharf Cafe and are planning to try the mediterranian restaurant at the back of DCA (can't remember the name right now).

I don't mind paying the difference :). I was thinking of taking a few of our CS $15 vouchers and using them towards cheaper TS restaurants. Has anyone ever done that?

My 2011 holiday trip began on the second day/night (Sunday) of the Candlelight Processional. I've been to DLR at all sorts of times during the holiday season over the years but this was my first time being there over a CP weekend - even just for one day of the CP.

One of my Facebook friends - who was at DLR the day prior to my arrival, on CP Day 1 - told me that the crowds on CP Saturday were absolutely awful.

In my limited experience, what I observed on Sunday is that the crowds were not that bad (not what I expected, anyway) until about mid-to-late afternoon. That's when not only the lines for the rides got long, but also the crowds were packed in along Main Street as they tried to walk one direction or another, and so on. The earlier part of Sunday was fine.

I did notice that there were a lot of people at my hotel on CP Sunday, though.

The Candlelight Processional is not all that easy to view - it's not as accessible as it is at WDW - so a lot of people don't bother with it, and they see it as a chance to get on rides. It is now seen as more of an exclusive event, even though I suppose you could stand around and try to find a viewing spot. It's not even widely publicized by Disney. So I don't think the lines for rides will be short - it is a weekend, after all!

But, I can say that the Monday immediately after the CP was delightful! DCA emptied out. My hotel emptied out. Even Main Street was not crowded, compared to what it usually is.

Yikes! Good to know. I think our plan for Saturday the 2nd, as it's our last day in the parks, is probably to spend the morning/early afternoon at Disneyland, then spend the afternoon/evening at CA Adventure, as we're planning on doing the WOC dinner package.

We will be in the parks part of Thursday (our flight arrive around 1:15ish) and then all day Friday, and hopefully between those two days we can get a lot done in both parks so that Saturday, even with crazy crowds later in the day, isn't too bad for us since our plans will be a bit more laidback.

We are hoping to do the Holiday Time Tour on Friday, so hopefully we'll see the Christmas Parade with great seats. :goodvibes

I just added the first MEET! :cool1: It's at Gibson Girl on 12/10.

Let me know if you want to join! Also, let me know if you have any other meet suggestions.

We'll be there for our first trip December 2-6. We'll be staying at the Wilderness Lodge Villas. I'm really looking forward to seeing the Epcot country pavilions decorated for Christmas. Some of my fondest memories are of travelling to other countries with my family for Thanksgiving. It was very cheap since most Americans were travelling to visit their families in the US and it was an off season for Europeans.

I'm having trouble deciding whether to make special plans for seeing the evening shows. I really want to see them but I'm afraid the kids ( 1 1/2 and 5 1/2) will be too exhausted.

We'll be there for our first trip December 2-6. We'll be staying at the Wilderness Lodge Villas. I'm really looking forward to seeing the Epcot country pavilions decorated for Christmas. Some of my fondest memories are of travelling to other countries with my family for Thanksgiving. It was very cheap since most Americans were travelling to visit their families in the US and it was an off season for Europeans.

I'm having trouble deciding whether to make special plans for seeing the evening shows. I really want to see them but I'm afraid the kids ( 1 1/2 and 5 1/2) will be too exhausted.

This is in WDW, right? We're all going to be on the other coast. It sounds like a fantastic trip though! I've always wanted to see Epcot!

November 28 - December 7 !!!
Our yearly Disneyland Trip :)
Staying at Desert Inn and Suites!!!
:jumping1:

Woo Hoo!! :cool1: That's a nice long trip! Do you plan to go to the Candlelight Processional? You're leaving the night we arrive. Hope you have a wonderful time!!

We will be taking our first DL trip 12/19-12/24 staying at the DLH. We are WDW vets, and I'm so excited to be planning this trip!

DH, DS11, and DS10 (with autism) are not as into the planning as I am, but they are just as excited about this new adventure!

We will be taking our first DL trip 12/19-12/24 staying at the DLH. We are WDW vets, and I'm so excited to be planning this trip!

DH, DS11, and DS10 (with autism) are not as into the planning as I am, but they are just as excited about this new adventure!

We will be there at a similar time! 12/16 to 12/22! We are staying at the Villas at Grand Californian.

Nice! I hope you enjoy your visit to the West Coast Parks! :thumbsup2

We will be there at a similar time! 12/16 to 12/22! We are staying at the Villas at Grand Californian.

How fun! I hear the Villas are beautiful!pixiedust:

We are going December 24-January 1 and are staying at the PPH. Can't wait!!!

YAY! One day I'll spend Christmas Day at DLR. I think I need to work up to it though since the it's more crowded than I'm used to. Have a great time!

Just booked the HOJO for the 14-17 of December for my DD11 (turning 12) birthday trip. We got the family saver rate for the room (a Delux double queen). This may be our last trip with our AP's since they expire the 6th of Janurary. We may squeeze out one last trip, we'll see. Not sure if we're going to re-new.

I think I am already on the Jan thread because MOST Of our trip will be the 1st week of January but we are actually driving down on 12/29 and our first day is the 31st. So that counts right. ;)

I was checking out air fare yesterday and by switching our dates from 12/10-15 to 12/11-18 we saved enough money on flights to make up for the two extra nights at HOJO's :) With our flights bought it's starting to feel more 'real' :cool1:

Since it looks like there's not much hope of getting more than a 5 day hopper, I think we're going to take a free day (Saturday, maybe, would that be the busiest day?) and go to the Natural History Museum of LA County and the La Brea Tar Pits. DS is obsessed with dinosaurs and it looks like the NHM has an awesome dinosaur exhibit.

I'm so excited!

Just booked the HOJO for the 14-17 of December for my DD11 (turning 12) birthday trip. We got the family saver rate for the room (a Delux double queen). This may be our last trip with our AP's since they expire the 6th of Janurary. We may squeeze out one last trip, we'll see. Not sure if we're going to re-new.

I'm glad you got the HOJO rate! We're thinking o getting APs this year. If we do, we'll be actively looking for the special rates at HOJO so we can go more than once in 2013.

I think I am already on the Jan thread because MOST Of our trip will be the 1st week of January but we are actually driving down on 12/29 and our first day is the 31st. So that counts right. ;)

Of course it counts! Welcome aboard!

I was checking out air fare yesterday and by switching our dates from 12/10-15 to 12/11-18 we saved enough money on flights to make up for the two extra nights at HOJO's :) With our flights bought it's starting to feel more 'real' :cool1:

Since it looks like there's not much hope of getting more than a 5 day hopper, I think we're going to take a free day (Saturday, maybe, would that be the busiest day?) and go to the Natural History Museum of LA County and the La Brea Tar Pits. DS is obsessed with dinosaurs and it looks like the NHM has an awesome dinosaur exhibit.

I'm so excited!

Fun! We always have 2 days at the start of our trip to visit museums. This year it's Museum of Tolerance and LACMA. The Natural History Museum is on our "must do" list for future trips.

We're doing a quick 2 day trip for DS' 5th birthday. We will be there Dec 20-21st. Yay!

ETA: We're staying at the DLH.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter