Who's going in August??

We are going to, our first trip to California!!! We are flying in to San Diego on August 3, then Aug 5-10 at DLR/DCA!! We are sooo excited, and staying at BWPPI:cloud9:

Hey! We're flying into San Diego the same day! Heading up to Disney for a few days then rounding out our trip back in San Diego.

We'll be there Aug 5-8. Staying at the DLH. The last time my three kids and I were there was 10 years ago! We are all very excited. :tiptoe: Have a WoC dining reservation at WCT on Aug 5. Have Fantasmic! reserved viewing set up for Aug 6. We plan to take full advantage of EMH all four days, take breaks from midday to early evening, and then come back to the parks and close them down.

From what I've read about D23, it's actually a little less crowded during the day. However, it gets crowded in the evening when the day's activities are done and they all hit the parks.

41 days and counting!!! First time to DL! As a WDW vet I am beside myself.. I NEVER EVER thought I would make it to the west coast! My brother is stationed in San Deigo for the past 3 summers and this is my first time going out to visit him! We are flying out of Va on the 21st and will be in Disney 25-27!!! Staying in the new rooms at the ramada maingate. Coming back to Va on the 30th then a loong weekend to recover before school starts!

I am going for my first ever trip on July 29th to August 7th and we are staying at Howard Johnson...my husband went over 20 years ago...and this will also be the first trip for my 2 and half year old daughter and my husbands 13 year old son

We are lucky enough to have a 10 day pass (which we won't be able to even use all the days of) as we are also planning on visiting Knotts Berry farm 1 day...unfortunately my american in-laws will only have the 5 day pass

So excited about visiting this magical place...and hope to see the mickey mouse characters and the toy story characters as my daughter loves these characters so much...just hope she doesn't freak out by seeing them in person

Headed down to drop off our DD at college in Long Beach and squeeze in a day at DL on August 25th.

Driving down on Friday, moving her into the dorm on Saturday, DTD for dinner Saturday night. I might slip into the parks for an hour or so after dinner since my AP is still active. DW, DD and myself will have all day Sunday to be in the parks, then we drive back to Long Beach to drop her off. She starts college that Monday as we drive home, man they grow so fast.

Students get a pretty good discount on AP's on campus and she will only be 20 minutes away, I am seriously teasing her about grad school for me!

We are headed to DLR mid-August, to celebrate two big occasions!! We are sooo ready to be there, can't wait!! :sulley:

We're doing a West Coast trip that includes a stop in San Diego for 3 days followed by a train trip up to Anaheim and DL for 6 days and then flying home from there. The DL part is a surprise to our kids (9, 6 and 2). They will be shocked! So excited! Staying at the Ramada Plaza second week of August. First time!

Although we are going in September to celebrate our anniversary, we will also be going on August 30th to celebrate my DH's birthday.

I am trying to think of somewhere to eat that would be nice and somewhere we haven't gone to before. Although, since he does like his food, I am thinking of going back to Big Thunder Ranch.

Any other suggestions?

Alright, I'll officially check-in on here! Haha.

Okay, so my hubby and I are going Aug 1st-4th staying at the FFI. It will be my 3rd trip there, and my hubby's 1st!!! We're going for our first married anniversary which is on the 4th, the day we leave but oh well we will still enjoy it all. :goodvibes

My hubby definitely loves me though cause he let me make reservations for Blue Bayou for our big anniversary dinner and Carnation Cafe so I can get me my Mickey waffles! EEK! I am just SO excited!!! :hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper:

Hopefully it won't be too :crowded: and maybe we'll get spoiled with some good pixiedust:!

Oh and I really hope they have the "Happy Anniversary" buttons still cause I want me two of those! :woohoo:

Have a great trip everyone! :cool1:

Joining y'all! I just booked today for Aug 16-19, so excited. I am planning to surprise DD9 day of, I have never not told her about a trip, this will be hard/fun!

Most of our trip will be in August. I'm going with my two daughters, 3 and 5 years old. My husband will do the parks with us on Wednesday but will be stuck at a conference for most of the rest of that time.

Joining :-) We are going on a road trip down the California coast ending with 11 days at Disneyland and 1 day at legoland! We will be there between Aug 12-23!

We are staying at the Ayres Anaheim from Aug 17-23. We have SoCal City Passes. We will be at DL/DCA Aug 20-22. We are taking our Disney obsessed son who is 7, and celebrating our 15th anniversary. We haven't been to CA since our honeymoon. I'm so excited! 29 days and counting!

My family will be in DL 8/12-8/16 and then heading down to San Diego. It's our first time to DL and everyone is super excited.

DH and I are going on Aug 9-11! Part of our California trip. So excited. I haven't been since I was a child and it'll be DH's first time :) just worried about the crowds though, I know the expo is happening those exact dates!

We are at the Ramada Maingate from the 10th - 14th, then heading down to San Diego for a few days. Sooo excited!!

First trip to DL for WDW vet DD and myself. August 2 -5! Super excited! Watch out DL......here we come!

Most of our trip will be in August. I'm going with my two daughters, 3 and 5 years old. My husband will do the parks with us on Wednesday but will be stuck at a conference for most of the rest of that time.

That's the same with us. We will go on Sunday for the day and then wait until he's out on Wednesday and then all day on Thursday. We are going this time without kids. It will be our 10th trip, but the first one without the kids. Still looking forward to having a great time.
I'm sure our hubbys are going to the same conference at the Anaheim Hilton?

We'll be there August 24th - 27th. Staying at the Desert Inn and Suites for the first time. It will be our first trip back since February!

my "wants" list for the trip:
-the spinning swings in DCA
-the canoes in DL
-Mickey and the Magic Map
-hopefully be able to fit in the Aladdin show since the carpet wasnt flying last time we saw it.
-Trader Sams
-a monte cristo

We're also trying the Desert Inn and Suites for the first time (25-29.) Since our kids are too old now to miss school, this last week in August (when so many kids are already back in school) is our favorite time to go.

Bummer that BTMRR is closed but we went this same week in 2011 when Matterhorn was supposed to be closed the whole time. Halfway through our trip it opened early. I'm hoping for the same surprise this time!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter