• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Who's going for one last Wishes?

Boudin

Mouseketeer
When my wife and I read about the travesty that is the demise of Wishes, we literally had a trip booked within 30 minutes. We had to go back and see it one more time. It's been such a special part of our time together in Disney. Standing there in the dark, holding hands, getting choked up when the little girl starts singing.

So... If any of you are in MK next Saturday night, look for the 40 something couple standing there wishing upon a star one last time, and come say hi. And if it appears that I have shed some tears, it is allergy season after all.

I already had a trip planned and will be there for opening of pandora. when is the last day of wishes (May 11) I think I might stope every the day before Pandora opens to see the new show

We already have a trip planned and are very happy that we'll get a chance to see Wishes. We haven't been to WDW in 17 years, and have never seen it.

I was able to go last week.

Glad I had more notice than when they got rid of Off Kilter...

I just went a couple of weeks ago and I was glad to see Wishes one last time. I am looking forward to the new show though.

I'll be there for the last show on May 11. We had this planned as an MK day during our trip before the ending of Wishes was announced, so it's purely coincidence. I'll be happy to see it one last time though!

We'll be there on May 11th. I am normally the person who is crying and trying to hide it as I cry at EVERYTHING in WDW. On May 11th, I will have tissues in hand because I won't be able to hide my tears.

I was reminded on another thread to be sure to wear a Celebrations button in honor of Wishes last performance, so I'm passing on that reminder for anyone else who wants to.

I am also very excited about the new show-it's the beginning of all new memories for us to cherish!

This makes me sad. My family and I were there in 2007 and watched wishes 3 times because we loved it so much. I've always hoped to go back some day and looked forward to seeing wishes again. At least I have it on video with my kids sweet little voices in the background. They're all grown up now almost. Guess we'll always have the memories.

I watched the live stream yesterday, and will be there in 2 1/2 weeks for one more viewing.

I'm sure the new show will be great. Wishes is just one of those sweet, old fashioned things that makes WDW not just another theme park. I love the message behind it.
Anyway, I'm happy we will get to see Tink fly one more time and I hope we grow to love the new show just as much. No matter where we spend the day, we always seem to find ourselves back at MK at night.

Dang so are MK crowds going to be insane on 5/11? We booked that week because we thought it would be a low crowd week.

My daughter is turning 10 on May 11 so I planned a trip to surprise her! She loves Wishes. I hope the new show still has a lot of fireworks.

Dang so are MK crowds going to be insane on 5/11?
For WISHES,yes-A LOT of Locals and "off-duty" Cast Members.

Don't "think" the number of Guests planning trips just for the last show would increase Crowds substantially the whole week.:)

I'm doing the Dessert Party May 11 and May 12-it will be interesting to see if everybody is still crying at the May 12 Party!lol:)

So this goes off at park closing right?
No,not usually.

IllumiNations over at Epcot DOES go off at Park Closing,but not WISHES.

Here are this week's times.

Courtesy Of OTPN
weFdqhOH.png

When did Wishes debut? Just curious.

I have the song stuck in my head now, but I don't mind one bit. :)

Dan

I wish I could afford to do a spontaneous weekend trip. I saw Wishes for the last time last year. I wish I knew it was going to be my last time :(

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter