Who's going for Christmas?

bhillier

Mouseketeer
I've been asking lots of question about Christmas time @ DL. Now I'm asking who will be @ DL for Christmas?

I've been checking DL's web site daily for their Christmas info, times, events......anyone know when that info goes up?

This is all I have for events:
Disneyland Resort in California - The Merriest Place on Earth
Starting in November, there is more holiday magic at the Disneyland Resort, with both Disneyland and Disney's California Adventure theme parks decked out with holiday surprised including millions of twinkling lights, carollers and even a magical snowfall!
Disneyland:
Haunted Mansion Holiday: Jack Skellington and his graveyard ghouls from Tim Burton's Nightmare Before Christmas have once again taken over the Haunted Mansion._ See what happens when Halloween and Christmas collide! Open in October.
"it's a small world holiday": Jingle your way through one of Disney's all-time favourite attractions - dressed up in its holiday best both inside and out.
A Christmas Fantasy Parade: A holiday tradition at Disneyland park, the parade features marching toy soldiers, dancing snowflakes and Yuletide inspired floats with Disney characters wearing their holiday finery._ Begins in late November.
Believe...In Holiday Magic: A special fireworks spectacular capped off with a magical snowfall on Main Street, USA.
Disney's California Adventure:
Santa's Beach Blast: Join Santa and all your favourite Disney friends at Santa's Beach Blast for dancing, games and more beach-style holiday fun.

And here's what I was able to find for times:
Dec 22, 23, 25, 26, 27, 28
Disneyland 8am-12am
Christmas Fantasy Parade 4pm, 7:45pm
Holiday Magic Fireworks 9:25pm
Fantasmic! 9pm, 10:30pm
DCA 10am-9pm
Electrical Parade 8:45pm

Dec 24
Disneyland 8am-8pm
Christmas Fantasy Parade 2:30pm, 5:30pm
Holiday Magic Fireworks 7:45pm
Fantasmic! 7:20pm
DCA 10am-7pm
Electrical Parade 6:30pm

I'll be there on Dec 22 for sure since it's my b-day and I want to spend it at DL. I may or may not try to go on Christmas Day--depends on whether sis and family are home or not.

but we will only be at the parks through the 17th and maybe use the last day of our tickets on the 20th. Im just not sure if we want to deal with large crowds so we will decide when we are there. Last year, we went during the same time and went back to use the last day of our hopper on the 24th, just for fun. It was crowded and it rained a little but it really was awesome to be there on Christmas Eve!

We will be visiting our family again in Anaheim. Last year, after Christmas dinner, we went to Downtown Disney and walked around for awhile. It was so great! Im really looking forward to our trip!

Hope everyone has a wonderful trip!

We will be there starting on Dec. 11th through Dec. 17th. Amberle3, Where did you find the schedule of parades, etc for later in Dec. I would like to see the schedule for when we are there. Is anyone else planning to be there the same time we are? We purchased the CA city pass from Costco, so will also be doing 2 or 3 other parks. Debby

The schedule is on the DL web site. If you click on the (small) calander, you can enter your dates and the schedule of that time period will pop up.

That should be a great time as far as crowds go. All the Christmas deco's and hopefuly low crowds. :)

Thank you. I was clicking on a different calendar where you put the dates in and it was telling me , no information available. Now I was able to find them. Debby

DH and I will be there 12/23-27. Can't wait!! We know it will be crowded and we don't care. We're going for the festive atmosphere. Time is flying. It'll be here sooner than we think.

Buttercup:D

Are you guys flying down? We are driving down from Anacortes to visit family for two weeks. We will be at the parks when you will be there. Have a wonderful time!

Kerry

Hi Kerry, we are driving down also. We plan to stay with my sister in Pasadena for a day or two and then head to Anaheim. I hope you have a wonderful time also. Debby

We are spending Christmas at Disneyland this year too, and driving down. Keeping our fingers crossed for good weather over the Siskiyous.

For all the Washington people who are driving down too, are you driving straight down I-5, or going over to Hwy 101? Two years ago, we were enjoying driving up the Siskiyou pass and watching it snow--really got us in the holiday mood. But then, they closed down I-5 in Yreka due to the snow and we were being told that we would have to spend the night in a shelter because all the hotels were full. Luckily, we talked to a tow truck driver who gave us a route to follow to keep going, and we got over the pass. Kinda stressful though.

I-5 is the straight shot, but getting stuck in the pass is a big risk this time of year. Just wondering how other people do it.

We have driven to California many times and always take I-5. We just make sure we get over the Mount Shasta area before dark. This year we are leaving in the evening and will drive to Southern Oregon and then hit the pass early am. Debby

We'll be spending Christmas at Disneyland there, too! Can't wait! BTW, for those that are traveling down I-5 during the winter, try to avoid taking this route at night. It's been known to have really bad fog where there have been massive accidents. 101 is a good route for a more scenic drive but the 5 is definitely much quicker! Hope this helps and have a great time everyone!

We will be leaving Anacortes in the early morning hours and driving "camando style" straight down to L.A. Last year, it took 21 hours. We will be driving straight down I-5. We will check the ODOT website for current road conditions the days leading up to our trip.
Last year, we had no trouble going down and got very lucky on our return trip. We missed the snow and ultimate road closure in the Syskiyous by hours. We will make any adjustments as needed when the time comes.

By the way, where did everyone buy their park hoppers? Im planning on AAA but wondered if there was anything else out there.

We'll be in Disneyland for Christmas, too. We've been doing this for a few years now - makes for an interesting discussion when my little guy talks about holiday traditions at school! ;)

Set low expectations! ;) Seriously, it will be unbelievably crowded, especially on Christmas day. We go to the parks early in the morning, take advantage of every FastPass we can, and sometimes head back to the resort in the afternoon or evening. One year we were near Main Street around lunchtime and the masses of people trying to get in made moving almost impossible. Have reservations at any restaurant you want to eat in (and we do one of the resort restaurants for Christmas since it's a little less crowded there). Sometimes we just hang out in the concierge lounge in the evening for a little peace and quiet. It's a wonderful time of the year at the parks, but we don't count on riding as many rides or doing as much as at other times of the year. :D

Great suggestions, thanks. I've been thinking of different ways to keep us busy @ late noon/night. I thought that we would try to be there when the park opens and try to do most of the park in the am, shows @ noon, swimming, shopping......as the day goes on. Maybe a guided tour would be good for Christmas eve or night. Any way thanks. I'm looking forward to our vacation. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter