• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Who's from Saratoga, NY ?

LewB

Earning My Ears
I just thought it might be interesting to see how many DVC members live near the real "Saratoga Springs" and, if they have had a chance to visit the DVC SSR, if they think the resort theming was well done.

For myself, I live about 15 miles away and go there frequently as it has the best dining and enternainment venues in the area.

It is cool to see Congress Park, etc. at WDW.

We live just outside of Albany, about 20 miles from Saratoga. I've spent many summer days in the Spa City watching the ponies and sometimes placing a small wager.;)

In a few weeks when we at DTD we hope to stroll over to visit SSR and check it out and compare. It should be fun.

HBC

We live in Saratoga Springs, 3 minutes from downtown and 6 blocks from the Saratoga Race Course. It is a beautifull city, with all the older buildings(they have walking tours to show off the older ones). In the summer the city DPW has an extensive flower program that makes the city come alive, it is beautifull.

Once the summer season starts it does get crowded in our city, but we welcome all of our visiting friends from around the world.

There is all kinds of activities to do here. We have of course the Saratoga Race Course, The Saratoga Raceway Racino (Harness racing and vidio slots), the Saratoga Performing Arts Center (concerts, ballet), the National Museum of Dance, the Horse Racing Museum, the Military Museum and the Harness Racing Musuem. In congress Park we have a carosel for kids and the childerns musuem is just a block or so away. There is much more to do, but I will stop here for sake of size.

If you are into the night life scene downtown has numerous taverns and bars to fill any taste.

So if your arelooking for a vaction spot in the notheast, then Saratoga is a great plce to visit. I hope to see you all at SS resort in Fla and Saratoga Springs, NY.

DF and I are going the SS resort in June of 2005 for 3 weeks, we can not wait to see it in person. By the pictures it seems awsome.

:earsgirl: :earsboy: ::MickeyMo ::MinnieMo

We live just to the south of the real Saratoga Springs. 6 or 7 miles from downtown. We got to stay at the Disney version this past August (During Charley) and Disney did a great job. It was really neat refering to areas at SSR by the Saratoga Springs names (street names and locations).

The real SS is a nice place to visit during track season. Although most of us locals tend to avoid going downtown due to traffic and crowds. We rarely eat out during track season up here, but the terrific restaurants are available to us year round. Track season is late July to Labor Day.

We are here in the one light town of Greenfield! Seven minutes from the heart of Broadway!

Saratoga Springs Girls Cross Country Running 1st in the Nation, Again!

I just wanted to chime in! I'm in Glenville, about 20 miles south. I was at Member Homecoming in May for the grand opening of SSR and it was funny to go all the way to Florida and see the mayor of Saratoga there! Plus one of our gifts that night in our room was a bottle of Saratoga water. A lot of people thought it was so cool, but it was the same water we buy at the Price Chopper here!! It's funny because whenever I go to into Saratoga, it just makes me want to go to SSR again!

Don't forget, it was designed from more than one Chautauqua. I know there was a group of Disney photographers and dress shirt-n-tie type people a the Chautauqua Institute on Chautauqua lake in Chautauqua NY (Chautauqua county BTW ;) ) a year or so ago and some of the architecture was inspired (stolen) from there. There are at least 2 buildings there that are nearly identical to SSR sections. Colors, windows, trim layout and even some of the railing designs.

The horse theme is all Saratoga though.

ALso just outside Albany in.....Loudonville....
HBC are you just North of me at exit 6 or 8????

Great Responses, Thank you all!

Diana Lyn - You must be talking about the Price Chopper on RT 50 because that's the one I shop at. We live in Burnt Hills.

Canwegosoon - You have to be refering to the Northway exit 6 or 8. I drive down that dreaded road every weekday at 6:30 AM and I'm not a morning person. Even at that hour the traffic can be horrendous.

Hello,

We live in Clifton Park. About 20 miles south of SS.

We are going to SSR Dec. 17-24th this year. We can't wait. I will post when we return.:sunny:

I was born in Schenectady and grew up in Galway (about 12 miles from Saratoga) until college. DW is from Saratoga. We don't get back much due to the military, but we both still have close family in the area. We won't see SSR until March, but were very impressed with the model rooms we saw on our tour before we bought. Designers did a really nice job capturing the essence of the city.

I really took that area for granted growing up. Although I've lived in some nice areas of the country it's only now I can appreciate what that area has to offer!

Chris

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter