• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Who's from NH?

I thought it was suppose to turn to all rain and melt by this morning. Weathermen "WRONG AGAIN". Here in Newport it is very windy. Our lights flickered a little. I hope it gets better as the week goes on.

Its time to leave for work.

Chat later.

I thought it was suppose to turn to all rain and melt by this morning. Weathermen "WRONG AGAIN". Here in Newport it is very windy. Our lights flickered a little. I hope it gets better as the week goes on.

Its time to leave for work.

Chat later.

That's why we call him Kevin "Screw-uppa" !! :lmao:

That's why we call him Kevin "Screw-uppa" !! :lmao:

Oh my goodness! That is perfect. I hope you don't mind, but I think I will start using that. We had snow here in Bow, and it is stcking! I am not quite ready for snow season.

I am hoping for an easy winter. At least we have Disney to look forward to in February. Talk about a nice break from the weather.

Re: Early flights out of MHT

I flew out of MHT in July to Vegas on Southwest. I had an early flight and arrived at the airport about 1hr 15mins before the flight time and was waiting at the gate 45mins before the flight. So 4:15 for a 6:45 flight may be a little early.

You also might want to double check what time they open up the baggage check area. For some reason I think it might be 5am if there are no flights before 6:30 but I am not positive. I would hate to have you stuck in the airport entrance for 45mins if that is the case.

Sorry about the last post, I got the times on 2 different posts mixed up.

5 for a 6:30 flight should give you plenty of time. Most families flying with small children take late morning flights.

Hello from Newport. I can't believe it is finally happening. We will be leaving in 11 hours. Taking the Dartmouth Coach down to Logan. Our flight is at 2:00pm and will land in Orlando at 5:13pm. I am hoping that we will be at WDW by 7:00 pm.

We are meeting our daughter and her family there. They are driving as we speak. Spending the night in Georgia and starting out again for Florida around 7:00am. Please send :goodvibes Pikester's way so they will arrive safely.

"MICKEY" Here we come. :santa:

Hello from Newport. I can't believe it is finally happening. We will be leaving in 11 hours. Taking the Dartmouth Coach down to Logan. Our flight is at 2:00pm and will land in Orlando at 5:13pm. I am hoping that we will be at WDW by 7:00 pm.

We are meeting our daughter and her family there. They are driving as we speak. Spending the night in Georgia and starting out again for Florida around 7:00am. Please send :goodvibes Pikester's way so they will arrive safely.

"MICKEY" Here we come. :santa:

only 7 days left to wait for me...looks like you guys are gonna get great weather too!

Hope everyone is doing okay.
We at the town library trying to warm up.
Hope we all get power back soon!

I hope everyone is warm and almost done dealing with the big ice storm! My DH was saying he wished we were in Disney this weekend when we didn't have any power! :hug:

Now our lights are back on and we are only worried for everyone who is still dealing with the aftermath of the storm.

Hope everyone without power is doing okay, hopefully you get it back soon!:hug:
We were fortunate enough to not loose power but houses about a mile away havent had power since friday.

We got lucky and didnt lose power. But home right behind us havent had any since Friday. Southwestern NH has looked like a war zone! Its horrible. Hope everyone is getting along okay.:goodvibes

We got lucky and didnt lose power. But home right behind us havent had any since Friday. Southwestern NH has looked like a war zone! Its horrible. Hope everyone is getting along okay.:goodvibes

I live on the coast and I've been without power since Thursday Night. Had to come to work today for a couple of meetings so this is the first time I've had access to the Internet. According to the Fire Dept. we may not have power back till Thursday. I have a Generator so that I have heat but I think I'll go crazy if I don't get power back really soon.

Thursday... holy smokes! That is really rough. Atleast gas prices are down for the generators. I hope you get power sooner!
My kids are loving this time off from school, but they dont get the going in the summer thing lol.

I'm in the Monadnock region and we've also been without power since Thursday night. We have a stand-by generator (meaning it's hard-wired to the house's electrical system) but we've been shutting it off during the day to save on the propane. Just don't know how long we'll have to be using it so we're being frugal.

My kids are sick of being home and ALL of us can't wait for them to go back to school!!!:rotfl:

Hi everyone! I was at WDW during the storm, but my house lost power I think on Thursday night/Friday morning. It came back sometime last night because it was on when I called when my plan landed (7:30, i.e. I called to see if the answering machine would pick up). However the house was very cold still when I got home. It didn't finish warming up until sometime during the night. As of this morning there are still people in Merrmick without power. I spoke with a family at the bagel shop and they said that their house was down to 32 degrees and that they had to go all the way to Burlington to get a hotel room.

I hope that you are all safe and warm.

I was in WDW last week and couldn't believe what I was hearing and seeing on TV about the weather in NH!:eek: My folks just got their power back this morning. Ours wasn't out for very long before it came back on. I feel horrible for all those people who are still without it and will continue to be without it for days to come! I actually heard the "testing" single going off on the TV. Scared me because it was a real one! John Lynch has declared a State of Emergency.

I was in WDW last week and couldn't believe what I was hearing and seeing on TV about the weather in NH!:eek: My folks just got their power back this morning. Ours wasn't out for very long before it came back on. I feel horrible for all those people who are still without it and will continue to be without it for days to come! I actually heard the "testing" single going off on the TV. Scared me because it was a real one! John Lynch has declared a State of Emergency.

I agree. I have heard the annoucement twice now. I think that it said that there were 100,000? people without power still.

We flew back on Saturday night. When I called Southwest on Saturday morning, I was surprised that all the flights into Manchester were on time. We were all looking forward to an excuse for one more night. Sadly...no luck and were back here in cold, icy, electricless NH right on time. Power here in Barnstead came back on Sunday night. We were warm (woodstove), but we still did a dance around the living room ("the toilets are filling! the toilets are filling!")

Best wishes to everyone still waiting for power.

Another Monadnock regioner here and as of Mon 7:30pm we just got power!!

Now I'm hoping it stays on since some people have had power restored only to lose it an hour later.

Keeping my fingers crossed!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter