Who's been to Victoria's and Alberts lately

shellybaxter

Dis Veteran <br>Disney Restaurants for one hundre
We are planning to go in December (I know it's a long time) but I'm kind of a picky eater. I don't eat seafood, or beans, lentals, etc. Will I be able to eat here, or will I pay a lot of $$ and be hungry when I leave?

Thanks
Shelly

Thank you

That thread has a lot of information. I was just wondering what the menu choices have been lately. Anyone go within the last few months and care to share their menu choices??

shellybaxter said:
Thank you

That thread has a lot of information. I was just wondering what the menu choices have been lately. Anyone go within the last few months and care to share their menu choices??
You could check out my review from when we went on Easter Sunday....
Click here for thread on Easter Sunday Review of V&A

We'll also be going again in 2 weeks with another review...when we return home...

We were there January 6th and these were our choices:

Course1
Cannelloni of Jumbo Lump and Peekytoe Crab with Avacado crouton
or
Terrine of Foie Gras with Pumpernickel curls and Sierra Beauty Apple Chutney

Course 2
Kurobuta Pork Tenderloin and Belly with Serrao Ham
or
Nantucket scallops with shaved fennel and satsuma tangerines

Course 3

Alaskan Sable Fish with Florida corn
or
Kabocha squash cream with hazelnuts in a mini zucchini

Course 4

Macfarlane pheasant with porcini pasta and truffle foam
or
Marcho farm veal tenderloin laura chenel goat cheese gnocchi
or
Grilled prime fillet with celery root-potato puree and braised short ribs
or
Australian Kobe beef tenderloin (this was an extra $25)

Course 5

Baked seckle pear with gorgonzola dolce
or
Pineapple passion fruit sorbet with micro mint

Dessert

Pyramid of Tanzanian chocolate mousse
or
Mango charlotte with kiwi mango coulis
or
Hawaiian Kona Choclate souffle
or
Caramelized banana gateau
or
Vanilla bean creme brulee
or
Gran Marnier souffle

We ordered different things for the first three courses so we got a taste of each. All were very yummy (and I am a very picky eater). For the main course, we had the pheasant and the grilled prime filet. Both were out of this world! For dessert, we had the two souffles. Once again, both were very yummy. I have to say, I hate squash and hazelnuts, but the soup was delicious.

You get the general idea now I guess--.
Based on our previous dinners at V&A, you'll almost always find the entrees to be a steak/meat, a seafood, a poultry, and a "specialty" ( veal, lamb, pheasant, etc).
So I imagine you'll be able to find something on the menu that evening sure to please you!!

My husband is a VERY picky eater too and he was very nervous about V&A. (So nervous that we ended up going to Planet Hollywood to have cocktails and an appetizer before we went to V&A) He really enjoyed the meal though and definately didn't leave hungry. It's SO much food there's bound to be something that you like. Enjoy!!!

My DH has one very fussy friend -- eats beef and chicken, no veggies and nothing "weird." He's been to V&A several times and, it was HIS IDEA for all of us to go together on our upcoming August WDW trip!

IMHO, the food is amazing. Even if you don't like any of the early courses, and you stick with the beef which is usually the simplest choice, you'll have one of the best steaks you've ever had -- and an amazing dessert, too! But the food is only part of the experience. The service is so interesting and "proper" -- wow! -- and I love the atmosphere. And definitely order coffee with dessert!

It's also such a magical experience that even if you don't love the food, it's worth it once. After that, if you like the food, go back -- if you don't, you can check it off the life list! Definitely worth it in my opinion though.

Thank you all so much. It really helps to read choices others have been given. I can find something in most of the choices above. I guess the worst case would be that I didn't eat a lot of one of the early courses.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter