• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Who's been to Vero Beach?

disney-super-mom

DIS Veteran
What did you think of it? Tell me about your experience there.

I'm only asking because we may be interested in a resale there, and we'd like to know more about it from people who've been there or own there. Thanks so much. :flower:

Also, is there any disadvantage to buying Vero Beach compared to an on-site Disney DVC property? :sunny:

VB is a wonderful resort with a nice pool area with large slide, good restaurant and well landscaped grounds. There is also a lake for fishing. the beach usually has great surf. Very relaxing vacation.

We love Vero Beach. We have been twice, both the 1st week in May. I love that you can get an ocean view inn room for 10 points a week night. :cool1:

It is a great beach vacation. Good Disney quaility, but a different type of vacation. It was really great for us when I was pregnant with a small child and again with a baby and preschooler.

The 1st time we only did vero and I felt kind of liked we missed out on WDW since so many others had and were talking about it. The second time we did both (we had and AP.) I think we had more fun at Vero when it was all we did.

I think Vero is one of the hidden gems of DVD and I love it. :cheer2:

BTW we don't own there, we didn't have a problem getting in for May. The last time we booked 6 weeks before the trip. :Pinkbounc

Keep in mind, the dues are high there, (as you might imagine with hurricanes. )

Vero Beach is my home resort. Please note this is my opinion only and from the standpoint that my DH are a couple without kids and from the UK where smoking in public is not quite as anit-social as in the U.S. ( i am a non-smoker, DH is a smoker, please note I am not voicing an opinion either way)

We loved our first visit but we were there for 5 days and this was in the days when smoking was permitted in the Green Cabin.

I did not enjoy our second visit because:
We were there for a week and having to drive to anywhere was a major down side one of us needed to abstain from alcohol each time we left Vero Beach to eat - at Disneyworld the world is on your doorstep and driving is not a must.

The lack of a quiet pool for me is the deciding factor. I do not like piped music or being constantly bombed by children enjoying themselves in the pool.

This is my opinion only, and I saw plenty of families having a great time.

We have been going every summer summer for 5 years. Each vacation ranging from 5-10 days. Our party has primarily consisted of ourselves DH and I (30's), boys they are now 15 and 13, and now our daughter who had her first trip this summer at 2 months old. We love that it feels removed and is very relaxing!!! Nice pool area, great activities for the 3-12 yr old set. Beautiful undesturbed beach, little development!!! It is not your typical beach vacation and I would probably recommend a stay there before purchasing just because it is nothing like most beaches but we love it!!!! We will be back again next summer.

Our home is VWL but we seriously talk about getting a small add-on at Vero we love it so much.

I am not sure I would want to spend more than 5 nights there at once.. there really isn't THAT much of a variety to do. We go after the parks and next June we will be there after a 7 night cruise.

It is so relaxing.

There are activities planned, but if you are expecting to be entertained like you would at WDW you would be bored. Relaxation is the key at Vero.

I appreciate this thread. We are going to Vero over spring break 06 and I have been looking at opinions about Vero on expedia, travelocity, etc they are not good. I was getting very worried we had made a mistake planning a trip there. So thanks for this info. It sounds like a good place to go for families over spring break in florida. Good luck in your decision on where to purchase.

We went for a week this past spring break ('05). We had a great time. We have planned another trip spring break '06. This time we are spending a few days at wdw before heading to VB because we have AP's.

My avatar is a pic of the pool from on top of the slide.

Hi - we would be flying into Florida - is there transportation from the airport to VB? Also, would we need a car if we weren't planning on going to WDW? Thanks for your help.

We have now visited Vero 3 times (2 times Aug, 1 in Feb). Me and my DW have 3 children ranging in age from 3 - 9. Let me tell you these kids are Disneyholics but they LOVE :love: Vero as much as WDW.

If you have kids and are tirelessly chasing them around on vacation this is the place for you. The pool area is gated, tons of scheduled activities for all ages, mini golf, pool slide, Tiger Lilly Water area for the little ones and much more. All of this while Mom and Dad watch from their lounge chair relaxing. The CM's ARE GREAT! We feel very safe there with our children.

If your looking for an "on the move" vacation then Vero might not be your place. If you are looking for a "kick your heels" back and relax while your kids are safe and having a ball all while Mom and Dad have a frozen drink; then this is your place.

We own at the BW however where hooked on Vero and purchased a large addon to use the Beach Cottages. Don't get me started on them or this will go on and on!!!! :earboy2:

VB has the highest annual fees of all the DVC resorts.

if you want to go to WDW Dec 1-14, Thanksgiving week, food/wine festavial - then get a WDW DVC resort.

if you don't care about the above times and want a beach resort - then VB is fine.

I found after I brought it that I don't like the Atlantic Ocean. So I found another timeshare on Gulf and sold my VB.

I would definitely try to see this resort before you buy it. So you will know if you will be happy to stay here in case you don't get your WDW resort.

it is lovely!

Suzylynne said:
Hi - we would be flying into Florida - is there transportation from the airport to VB? Also, would we need a car if we weren't planning on going to WDW? Thanks for your help.

I think renting a car is the best way to go for VB. We did and I can't imagine any other way. I think a town car service would cost as much as a rental for the week and you are going to want to be able to leave prop once you get there. (while the resort is fun there is a lot of places around there to try, captian Harims and Ocean Grill for one.) There is an outlet mall, a normal mall, a water front area. Also you will want to stop at the store and get some food too.

The drive isn't hard. You can do it in less then 2 hours. Funny once we got east of the airport we relaized we had never been east of the airport. Then it dawned on us. There isn't anything east of the airport! :teeth:

Get maps and directions before you go, but the resort isn't hard to find.

Do a search on vero beach. There was a thread a while ago on all the good things to do while there. It was very helpful.

disney-super-mom said:
What did you think of it? Tell me about your experience there.

I'm only asking because we may be interested in a resale there, and we'd like to know more about it from people who've been there or own there. Thanks so much. :flower:

Also, is there any disadvantage to buying Vero Beach compared to an on-site Disney DVC property? :sunny:

We did a day visit and look at VB on our last trip to WDW.

It is really a nice place.

We own 100 points at Vero - the rest at Boardwalk. We bought into Vero because my in-laws prefer a beach vacation to a WDW one. We've only had the pleasure of staying there one night before our cruise last December but definately plan to go back. It is a beautiful resort.

We've only been to Vero once, but we enjoyed it immensely. We went after 5 days in WDW and it was nice to just relax and rest. The kids went swimming all day long and the adults just relaxed and read around the pool. It was nice to wind down after all those super busy days in the parks.

DVCDawn ::MinnieMo

We spent a few days at Vero beach this summer and loved it. We have two kids who were 7 & 8 and we spent our time going between the pool and the ocean. Eating was a problem - they both have autism and are fussy eaters so the restaurants at the resort were a no go.

When we go back next year we will have a one bed and use the kitchen to cook for them. There is a publix near by where we can get a good stock of groceries. We plan to include a Vero beach stay in all of our vacations in future.

I forgot to mention one of my favorite things about VB. All the rooms have VCR's in them, not just the one or 2 bedrooms. This is great for just hanging out at night. (at least the inn rooms, not as sure about the Studios, but I think so.)

Good to know ahead of time if you have kids, you can bring your own favorite tapes. :cool1:

Now if I could just get all the DVC rooms to do that! :goodvibes

Vero is especialy great if you have kids aged 6-12 as the CMs do a great job with them playing organized sports like soccer,whiffle ball and basketball. There is not as much around the resort as at Hilton Head . We like both Vero and Hilton Head but prefer HH for the restaurants and other activities on the island.

About the videotapes --

Yes, there are VCRs in the studios, etc. In fact, DVC members can go to the gift shop (I forgot what it is called -- Island Packing Co maybe) and rent videos for no charge. Naturally, there is a huge Disney selection, but there are grown-up movies, too. We "rented" a kids movie each night and the kids watched until they fell asleep while the adults played Texas Hold 'Em using Cheerios as poker chips. We all agreed this was a fun way to relax after whirlwind days in WDW.

DVCDawn ::MinnieMo

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter