• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Whoooo hooooo!

We had a 6B GTY booked for the same cruise. We were bumped to a 6A.

Our friends had a 6A -- they got bumped to a 5B. (We literally got their 6A cabin.)

It makes no sense to me. Cat 8 goes to a 5. But, 6B goes to 6A? Why would not the 6B go to the 5 and the 8 go to the 6B?

It really seems unfair and arbitrary to me.

But, I am truly happy for you! :thumbsup2 See you onboard!

i understand that you can tell your ta that you do not want any moves or upgrades

This is a reminder to everyone who wants to remain in the category, or cabin #(s) booked. Place a note on the reservation that indicates "Do not move or upgrade" . As PP mentioned not everyone would consider this an upgrade. Just trying to help those reading. :goodvibes

Nope. DCL doesn't notify you. Most people just keep checking their online account to see what room number they end up with (because it will always list the original category you booked.) The only way you can tell if you got an upgrade is by looking up the room number.

Sayhello

Hi, can you explain about always listing the original category booked? Where else would you look to see if your cabin has been changed?

Hi, can you explain about always listing the original category booked? Where else would you look to see if your cabin has been changed?
For my Med Cruise, I booked a Cat 12, and my reservation said Category 12 the entire time. But about a month before the cruise, when a Room number showed up next to the Category (I booked a GTY) the *room number* was for a Category 6 veranda room. So my account on the website always said Category 12 (it never said Category 6), but the room number listed changed to a room number that I looked up on the Deck Plans, and saw was for a Category 6.

Sayhello

For my Med Cruise, I booked a Cat 12, and my reservation said Category 12 the entire time. But about a month before the cruise, when a Room number showed up next to the Category (I booked a GTY) the *room number* was for a Category 6 veranda room. So my account on the website always said Category 12 (it never said Category 6), but the room number listed changed to a room number that I looked up on the Deck Plans, and saw was for a Category 6.

Sayhello

We have the same thing (well 11C now) booked for 2013 Med cruise. I can only hope we are so lucky!

Congratulations! What a wonderful upgrade.

We have cruised a few times and have always hoped for one, but so far it's never happened. Since we are traveling with family during our April cruise, we had to book a cabin "affordable" to the other family members. We are just hoping to get to CC this trip. We took a cruise 18 months ago and never got to visit CC because of winds. So this cruise is a make up one for my granddaughters (5 & 7)!

I already have a room assignment (7674) for our 05/05/12 date, would this mean I'm likely not going to receive an upgrade? Is it only for GTY categories?

We have the same thing (well 11C now) booked for 2013 Med cruise. I can only hope we are so lucky!
Good luck to you! :goodvibes It was a really unexpected bit of pixie dust!

I already have a room assignment (7674) for our 05/05/12 date, would this mean I'm likely not going to receive an upgrade? Is it only for GTY categories?
It's less likely, but definitely not unheard of.

Sayhello

i wasn't GTY, i had a room (5666 i think) and just checked my reservation every week or so as we are getting close to our date. it just showed up so there is hope you can get an upgrade. just keep checking your reservation. this is our first upgrade so its very exciting. mind, most of our cruises were booked with verandas. this was the second ocean view booked.

We (me and DSIL) booked connecting cabins cat 8B (picked the actual cabins) and were both upgraded to Cat 5B. :cool1: We moved down one floor but from outside stateroom to verandah!! I am also on the April 14 Fantasy sailing. It appears that they are no where near capacity and they are really trying to fill that ship... Lots of upgrades on this sailing....pixiedust:

We (me and DSIL) booked connecting cabins cat 8B (picked the actual cabins) and were both upgraded to Cat 5B. :cool1: We moved down one floor but from outside stateroom to verandah!! I am also on the April 14 Fantasy sailing. It appears that they are no where near capacity and they are really trying to fill that ship... Lots of upgrades on this sailing....pixiedust:

yeah us!! :)

i wasn't GTY, i had a room (5666 i think) and just checked my reservation every week or so as we are getting close to our date. it just showed up so there is hope you can get an upgrade. just keep checking your reservation. this is our first upgrade so its very exciting. mind, most of our cruises were booked with verandas. this was the second ocean view booked.

That really made me feel better, thank you!!! I will be crossing my fingers and checking my reservation in the hopes of scoring a verandah upgrade!!!:cool2:

Pros:

Get a verandah

Cons:

Lose the nicer bathroom and the extra inside space

So as much as its an upgrade in a way it isn't

I'm currently struggling with this. We weren't upgraded, but had booked an 8C (what we previously had and LOVED) but it was going to cost us around $125 total to upgrade to a 6B verandah so we went with it. I know we'll love the verandah, but I hate losing that shower and extra inside space.

This totally makes sense, and now I wonder if/when we would be upgraded for our May 5, 2012 Fantasy sailing? We are currently booked in an 8c room, but are hoping for a verandah upgrade and theres only 3 of us...so fingers crossed!;)

I don't think you've joined our cruise meet thread! Come on over and get to know us even if it's only the last 2 months!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter