• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Whoo hoo, just booked AKL!!

anewvance

<font color=red>Who needs a birthday for birthday
We are having our first family disney trip in a year in a half. The have each a different times been once since then but not a full "real" trip. My older daughter just turned 4 and she is READY to experiance Disney as a big girl and she is just TOO excited!

We've stayed at AS in the past trips (except for WL once when just hubby and I early this year). So I decided to go all out and we just booked Animal Kingdom Lodge. Hubby won't be coming up with us, he'll meet us the next day so I will be braving disney alone with a 4 and 2 year old. LoL.

Please tell me we'll love AKL!!! I am so excited, i've been to all the resorts to look around except this one. I've only seen it on tv and in the far distance. We booked a standard room for $109 a night and i'm hoping it's gonna be worth it as opposed to our normal $49 AS rate.

You are absolutely going to love the AKL!! I was there last January with my daughter, we had a ball! What a great rate you got too!!! We enjoyed Jiko as well as the storytime around the firepit. The pool is beautiful and has a fun water slide, my daughter also participated in the afternoon pool games! You are going to have a great time! We never had to wait more than 5 minutes for a bus, and the lodge has its own bus, so you don't have to pick up others at other resorts!
:)

I agree with Daisie that you'll love it! It's a beautiful resort, and even without a savannah view (we had a standard view room too) there are plenty of places to watch the animals. Have a great trip!

I agree!! Your rate is fantastic, and that resort is just about the most relaxing of all. When DH and I stay there- it's hard for me to get him out of the hotel!!
The lobby is HUGE, with tons of artifacts in cases to look at- the CMs are from various African countries and LOVE to talk about where the come from.

The pool is zero entry, and after your DH arrives- there are 2 hot tubs for relaxing in also.

The animals are amazing, and there are so many areas to see them from at the resort that you won't feel cheated by the standard view.

Have a wonderful time!!!

You will LOVE Animal Kingdom Lodge!

The pool is perfect for the kids, there is daily activities, they will love seeing the animals and the transportation to the parks is very good.

Have Fun.

>>^..^<<

This is an amazing resort. The animals are great! AKL is a true Disney resort. You will love it!!! It is our favorite! The CMs are the friendliest anywhere, the pool is great, the atmosphere is wonderful, great lobby, and the animals are so much fun to watch. Enjoy your trip!
:earsboy: :sunny:

AKL IS FANTASTIC!!!! I swear... I don't think we will ever be able to stay anywhere else again!!!!

Are you going there in 18 days? If so how did you get that rate for September?

You'll love it!
There's also a wonderful little playground back behind the pool and the big hot tub.

Please make sure to ask for a balcony without a wall. We payed the $109 rate and ended up with a dark room that you could only see up over the wall if you were standing. I don't know if these rooms only go to the Florida residents or not, but it is worth asking not to have one of these rooms ahead of time.

Be sure to contact the resort a few days before you go and tell them you would appreciate any complimentary upgrades if they are available. No guarantees, but since 90% of AKL is savannah view, if they aren't too busy, you've got a shot at it. I wouldn't tell the kids in advance though (just in case you still have your standard view).

Even with the standard view, you'll love it. There are plenty of public viewing areas and the ambiance can't be beat. It's a completely different universe from the All-Stars.

Have fun!

I was planning to fax in the typical room request 4 days before we leave. But for the upgrade request, should I call that in? I know I am going to call in for a request for a crib. But was thinking to fax in the request for an upgrade, an room close to the elevator due to back problems and a king bed with daybed, the last being least important. The following is our request, should I change anything???

<<<Hello there,

We are looking forward to our magical Disney vacation and were hoping you could possibly accommodate our room requests for Sept. 26-30. We reserved a standard view but, if at all possible, we would love to be upgraded to a savannah view? Due to a medical problem (bad back), it would be most appreciated if we could be placed in a room close to the elevators. My 2 year old princess prefers to sleep in a crib, but our 4 year old princess would love to have a day bed of her very own. Thank you in advance for any help you can give us in making our first stay at Animal Kingdom Lodge wonderful!

Melissa Vxxx
resservation # xxxx
address xxxx
phone xxxx>>>>

I would just sneak in the word "complimentary" on your upgrade request and change the wording from "...would love to be..." to "...would really appreciate being..." . Wouldn't want to get a surprise bill for the price difference! :eek:

You mention the day bed but not the king. I'm not sure if they have that combination of room. The guide book I have mentions two queens, a single king, or a single queen and bunk beds. It does say that deluxe rooms also have a daybed but that's in addition to the others, I think.

Good luck. It never hurts to ask.

Thank you, I added that and it sounds so much better!

I just checked the official site and darn, I was wrong. Only the deluxe rooms have the king and day bed. That's ok though, I think i'll take any kinda room requests out because 2 queens are fine, dd 4y can sleep in one queen and hubby and I in the other or if we get a queen with bunkbeds, dd 4y can sleep on the bottom since dd 2y will be in a crib.

Thanks again...

Anewvance-
Just wanted to know when it was that you booked this great rate (how far ahead of your stay). Thanks!

I booked it 2 days ago...so 19 days before we were leaving...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter