• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Whole package????

MacDalt

DIS Veteran
Do you book the whole package (room, tickets, flight) thru Disney or just room & tickets? I'm not sure what to do. It seems easy to book it all at once but I'm concerned about flight info. Should I book flight separate? If I do, how do I book ME? Thanks.

Prior to becoming a DVC member I used to book a whole package. With that being said, I have become inept at doing my own plans. I kind of enjoy booking things separate. It works out better for me.

Sometimes booking a package comes out cheaper. You may get free dining or some other discount. When do you plan on going?

Check with a travel agent and get pricing. Depending, they may let you just put down a deposit and you can pay it off 45 days prior to departure. On the Disney site you can book a package as well but I think (not too sure) you have to pay the airfare up front. I think you have to pay the balance 45 days in advance.

We plan on going Oct 9-13. I've checked Priceline for flights and prices were the same as what Disney site quoted. Any advantages/disadvantages to booking with Disney?

We use Disney for everything but the flight. We didn't see any great discout with the flights they offered, and it is nice to be able to shop around and book the best deal online. Giving them our flight info for ME is easy, just give them a call once the flights are booked and they add the info to your reservation.

We use Disney for everything but the flight. We didn't see any great discout with the flights they offered, and it is nice to be able to shop around and book the best deal online. Giving them our flight info for ME is easy, just give them a call once the flights are booked and they add the info to your reservation.

Great! Thanks! Sounds easy!

We book separately: usually Southwest for flights, Swan/Dolphin on points, tickets which ever authorized ticket dealer has the best price.

We go once a year and so we book a package that includes tickets and hotel (we've also been lucky enough to get free dining), but we always book our flights separately.

We plan on going Oct 9-13. I've checked Priceline for flights and prices were the same as what Disney site quoted. Any advantages/disadvantages to booking with Disney?

Book your flight direct with the airline instead of Priceline.

We go once a year and so we book a package that includes tickets and hotel (we've also been lucky enough to get free dining), but we always book our flights separately.

One of the reasons we book our flights separately is because we usually book our Disney package a year in advance. That gives us plenty of time to shop around the airlines and get the best possible deal. Sometimes we have to change our trip by a day or two with Disney, but that is easy to do. We typically find our best airline prices 5 to 6 months before our travel dates. Then we just call Disney and they add our airline and flight times to the ME.

I book everything through Disney except the flight. I've had too many bad experiences booking flights through 3rd party sellers and will now only book directly with the airline. (Not problems with Disney specifically, but it seems that anytime you aren't booked directly with the airline, they are much less willing to work with you if something goes wrong or gets messed up)

I book everything through Disney except the flight. I've had too many bad experiences booking flights through 3rd party sellers and will now only book directly with the airline. (Not problems with Disney specifically, but it seems that anytime you aren't booked directly with the airline, they are much less willing to work with you if something goes wrong or gets messed up)

I agree...it is so much better to deal directly with the airline (and it is usually much cheaper too).

I book room, dining and tickets through Disney.
I always book our flights through Southwest - if the price goes down I can get a credit to use for our next flight.

Do you book the whole package (room, tickets, flight) thru Disney or just room & tickets? I'm not sure what to do. It seems easy to book it all at once but I'm concerned about flight info. Should I book flight separate? If I do, how do I book ME? Thanks.

We have booked packages (room + tickets and room + tickets + DDP) as well as room only, but we book our flights separate. I have priced the total package with flights through Disney in the past and the flights were always more expensive than going through the airline itself and the flight times weren't as good. For DME, what the pp said is correct. After you book your flight, just call Disney and give them your flight information and they will add it to your reservation :).

We book everything but the flight through Disney (actually the last few times through a TA that I love using). Normally, we get a better flight booking on our own, and we can research a lot of other options that Disney doesn't give on their website.

We also always book room, tickets and dining together in a package and book our own flights separately. It works better that way. I can find way better deals on airfare.

So far, I'm not finding any cheaper flights. I've looked at AirTran, Southwest, and Priceline. Any others? Will prices go up or down the closer we get to October?

So far, I'm not finding any cheaper flights. I've looked at AirTran, Southwest, and Priceline. Any others? Will prices go up or down the closer we get to October?

I know with AirTran and SouthWest (out of Buffalo) prices are generally at their lowest as soon as they release their dates. The prices seem to steadily climb and I did not notice the prices going down at all last year after I booked.

AirTran and Southwest just released their October flight prices at the beginning of March. We booked right away for Mid October at $220 rt. Currently the prices are at almost $300 rt.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter