• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Whoa, whoa, whoa, No Diet Coke on the Dream?

That's what I am confused about did Coke Zero the original have calories I well never know now because it does not exist any longer
The product always had no sugar. No sugar = no calories (generally). They changed the name to reflect that it's zero sugar not specifically zero calories.

They also changed some of the "minor" ingredients so it tastes more like real coke.

No calories (ZERO calories & Zero Sugar) in both Coke Zero and Coke Zero Sugar :)

There was Diet Coke but the soda machines weren't well thought out with the cups in the middle, ice on the left then soda choices in the middle. Move the ice to the middle to speed up the flow.

There was Diet Coke but the soda machines weren't well thought out with the cups in the middle, ice on the left then soda choices in the middle. Move the ice to the middle to speed up the flow.
What ship was that on?

On the Fantasy we had this set up (cups on outside, ice on drink fountain next to cups and sodas next- in the middle):
fantasy 2014 poolside sodas 20041 P1030183 1500.jpg

What ship was that on?

On the Fantasy we had this set up (cups on outside, ice on drink fountain next to cups and sodas next- in the middle):
View attachment 264969

It does not look like this on the Dream. There are cup dispensers in between. Ice is at each far end. And not sure if it was on purpose or just a coincidence, but Diet Coke was only on starboard side and Coke Zero on port sides. This was why we kept only finding Coke.Zero not Diet Coke (we stuck to the port side of pool deck and Cabanas I guess).

Yes that's correct, It was the Dream.

Also pomegranate lemonade one side but not on the other. Pity it wasn't the freestyle dispensers but they would cause a backlog with some dithering guests.

Yes that's correct, It was the Dream.

Also pomegranate lemonade one side but not on the other. Pity it wasn't the freestyle dispensers but they would cause a backlog with some dithering guests.
Personally, I don't like the freestyle dispensers. There's always a bit of residue left from whatever drink was dispensed just prior to mine and it does affect the taste.

Personally, I don't like the freestyle dispensers. There's always a bit of residue left from whatever drink was dispensed just prior to mine and it does affect the taste.

Ugh. Can't STAND Freestyle, the level of syrup to carbonation is never correct, no matter where I've tried them. I really hope they never come to DCL. I've actually had to seek out the old style dispensers in my hometown since my favorite places all seem to have adopted the Freestyle machines. Maybe they're better if you're looking for something besides a straightforward selection you can get anywhere.

Ugh. Can't STAND Freestyle, the level of syrup to carbonation is never correct, no matter where I've tried them. I really hope they never come to DCL. I've actually had to seek out the old style dispensers in my hometown since my favorite places all seem to have adopted the Freestyle machines. Maybe they're better if you're looking for something besides a straightforward selection you can get anywhere.

Very much better, yes. The only time I can get anything other than a Diet Coke or an unsweetened iced tea in most restaurants or theaters is when they have a Freestyle machine, because all of the mainstream non-diet sodas here in the states are made with high fructose corn syrup and HFCS completely wrecks my stomach for hours on end. Tons of diet soda choices with Freestyle, so I'm always happy to see those machines. I didn't even like Diet Coke before I developed this intolerance, but I've acquired the taste because it's frequently my only option.

Coke Zero just has a different recipe than Diet Coke (and a different artificial sweetner). It tastes the same as.always; just a bad imitation of Coke but a different option than Diet Coke.

Both use Aspartame but Coke Zero Sugar adds "Ace K". New recipe is a little different and to me you no longer get the aftertaste.

Diet Coke:
INGREDIENTS
CARBONATED WATER, CARAMEL COLOR, ASPARTAME, PHOSPHORIC ACID, POTASSIUM BENZOATE (TO PROTECT TASTE), NATURAL FLAVORS, CITRIC ACID, CAFFEINE.

Coke Zero Sugar:
INGREDIENTS
CARBONATED WATER, CARAMEL COLOR, PHOSPHORIC ACID, ASPARTAME, POTASSIUM BENZOATE, NATURAL FLAVORS, POTASSIUM CITRATE, ACESULFAME POTASSIUM, CAFFEINE.

Actually, the Freestyle machines get the levels of carbonation and syrup much more exact to specs than on regular dispensers which are manually adjusted. I believe water is filtered big time, and this of course leads to different taste. When you stop pressing the pour button, it is supposed to stop dispensing syrup and a little bit of carbonated water will 'clear' the dispenser.

Bottle vs can vs dispenser always taste different even if coming from the same area.

What I do is always let it run for a second before putting my cup on the machine.

The only way Coke Zero was available on board two weeks ago was in a can.

I can confirm this, at least on the Fantasy. Diet coke in Cabanas and around the pool. Coke Zero was available in cans.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter