Whoa! Anyone else feel the earthquake?

Felt it here in MD. I always wanted to feel one - but I wouldn't want it to be any worse. It was dramatic and scary enough for me :goodvibes.

Mid Hudson Valley, New York .... we definitely felt it! Our work buildings had quite a little shake!!!

We live in VA right outside of DC. The quake scared the pants of me :scared1: Luckily no damage to our place.

Def. Felt it here in Delaware. It was quite strong at my house. I thought that a plane crashed nearby or something. It was my first one and quite startling!

Yes, felt it here in Baltimore, Md. I was at work (federal government) and the building was literally shaking! All I thought about was a possible terrorist attack, it was wierd. They did let all Federal employees go home, as did the Pentagon.

Brunette

Hi Brunette - glad you are OK.

Here in Annapolis. I had just finished making lunch for Mom and was knocked off my feet in the kitchen....Mom was sitting down thankfully.

We are along the outer landing path of BWI airport and my first thought was a jet had crashed so I scooted outside. My little terrier FLEW in the house, up the stairs and it was hours before I could convince him to come out from under the bed.

What a crazy day. We were just watching CNN's coverage of the storm and the breaking news from Tripoli.....then BOOM!

VA here outside DC. Whole building started rockin Craziest thing I have been through in a long time. We bolted out the door and got away from the buildings.

Scratch one thing off my bucket list, no desire to do that again :scared1:

I felt it just outside of D.C. in Maryland. For a split second, I thought terrorist, and then earthquake. We stood in the doorway for minute or so and then hoofed it down 17 flights of stairs. What a strange feeling when the 17th floor of a wing is swaying.

Right outside Philly in NJ,I felt it...I was making my daughter a sandwich and felt like I was having a dizzy spell then I realized the house was moving and the ceiling lamps were swinging and ran out of the house with her in tow.Was the weirset feeling! My friend in San Fran has been making fun of me all day :)

Hello All and Maryland Friends!

Yeah, it was so weird, we had a fire drill at 1 p.m. - 1:30 got back to my desk then at 1:51 I was sitting at my desk talking to a colleage, and getting ready to meet with Northrop Grumman contractors at 2p.m., then WHAM the building was rumbling! I initally thought about 9/11 and everything else was going through my mind. I literallly thought the building was going to collapse. They told us to go outside, I guess because we weren't sure about any structural damage. At 2:30 they just dismissed us.

Hi Donut!

Hope you are doing well! Hey maybe we should put a DISMEET together! That would be fun! Glad you and your mom are okay! :)

Yup felt it while I was at work! We are about 20-30 mins from the epicenter. It was the second earthquake I've ever felt but the first one was wimpy. This one was actually pretty cool and it lasted awhile.

Gainesville VA here(about 70 miles from the epicenter) and we had to evacuate our apartment building until they could check the foundation. Woke up from a nap to see my china hutch(with all of my Disney treasures inside) bouncing and swaying. DH grabbed me, shoved a cat in my arms and pulled me outside.

I live in PWC and the advised us to be aware of gas and watermain breaks...so showering and using the stove is kind of impossible for tonight.

they said something on tv right now about possible second quake,:scared1: waiting for news at 10. Hope nothing will happen.

they said something on tv right now about possible second quake,:scared1: waiting for news at 10. Hope nothing will happen.

Aftershocks...there was one that was 4.2 around 8 o'clock and we could be experiencing more throughout the next few days. However, unless you live in VA, MD and maybe DE you probably won't feel much of it, but you might here a slight rumbling.

We felt it in South Carolina. I was working at home and my desk & office chair started shaking. I thought at first that I was dizzy or had eaten something bad, lol. But then I got on Facebook and saw the news. It was a really weird feeling!

I am bummed... my earthquake experience was seriously diluted!!! I was driving around the beltway when it hit. The car felt like it did a little shimmy, but that was the extent of it. :confused3 A small part of me hopes for an after shock so I can properly experience it. :rolleyes1

Aftershocks...there was one that was 4.2 around 8 o'clock and we could be experiencing more throughout the next few days. However, unless you live in VA, MD and maybe DE you probably won't feel much of it, but you might here a slight rumbling.

I hope that is what they were talking about as I know aftershocks are always much less intence. I see you are right in a middle of it, hope everyone is safe.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter