Who will be at WDW for New Years Eve 2004?

Debs Hill

DIS Veteran
We will be there for New Years for the first time this year....would love to know who else is going, or has been in the past and what your plans are....or what you've done on previous New Years trips!!!! Is it true if you want to go to MK you have to be there at the crack of dawn?!! Do Disney guests get guranteed pasrk entry?

we will be there. Never been on New Years eve before either but Id love to know more about it. Ive heard Epcot is the place to be but very crowded.

We will be.........again;)

We tend to potter around in the day, avoiding parks as we go to Disneys Pleasure Island at night. Its a fantastic night.

We will be too ! I cant wait!
Dont know what we are going to do on that day as we have a 4 and 5 year old so will probably play it by ear!!

We will be too...haven't yet decided what we'll be doing but am enjoying considering the possibilities!!

Karen

I'll be there, planning on going to Epcot and I can't wait.:bounce:

We are going Xmas day to New years day. Have been once before at this time of year(2000). Spent NYE in Epcot got there just after opening time and they were refusing entry, luckily we were staying in Disney hotel so guarenteed admission. A normal 10-15 car trip took 30-45mins Q's for rides, eateries in fact Q's for everything. We arrived Boxing day No car available even though prebooked, they paid for us a taxi to resort and back next day $100. Be prepared for really cold weather (we were caught out) frost on car most nights.
Almost talked myself out of going then.
It is worth all this hassle. Apart from Oct for halloween and perfect weather it is the best time of year to be there. We are lucky this year going for both our fav times.
Wayne

We will be there, not sure what to do, I was looking for advice on the whole of Xmas as I think it will be busy, but also very magical.

DONT GO TO THE PARKS ON NEW YEARS EVE BUT DO GO NEW YEARS DAY EARLY THERE EMPTY TO MUCH BOOZE THE NIGHT BEFORE.WE DID 20 RIDES IN 1 HOUR .PLEASE TAKE SOME WARM CLOTHES IT COULD BE CHILLY.
:wave2: :wave2:

If I turn up at one of the parks in th early evening will I be guaranteed entry as I'm staying at the Boardwalk....or will I be turned away if it's full?! This will really determine what we do on NYE!!! Please help!

If the rules have not changed since Xmas 2000 staying in a Disney Hotel or Official Hotel of Walt Disney World means guaranteed admission to any park anytime however busy.
Just checked a few websites Doubletree Guest Suites Resort and Dolphin etc and it still seems to be correct.
Wayne

We will be there too, we will actually be there for Christmas Day and New Years Eve, we are getting married at Disney on 15 December!!!

Lisa, how wonderful!! Where are you getting married? You'll have the trip of a lifetime I'm sure! Where are you staying?

That is reassuring news to know that we'll get in no matter how crowded......I had visions of having to get to a park at 7.00am and having to stay there!!! All I have to do now is decide where we want to go........

Debsx

Debs, we are getting married at the wedding pavillion,having two nights at the Grand Floridian and 11 nights at Pop Century. We will be at a disney resort for christmas day but not for New Year's Eve, so we might not get into the parks, although from what I have read Downtown Disney seems to be a great place to be.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter