Who was you teen idol?

Disney1fan2002

<font color=red>Like OMG the TF is SOO psyched to
Let's find out about our youthsQ! Who was your teen idol? I had a whole list of them until I found HIM. My list went exactly in this order: See if you can tell how old I am! LOL

1...Andy Gibb
2...Shawn Cassidy
3...Erik Estrada
and then it happened......I "met" HIM. Do this day, my heart pounds when I think of him.

It happened one afternoon in 1982. Between the hours of 3-4PM, I was watching MY soap General Hospital. Dr. Steve Harvey was standing atthe nurses station talking to another Dr who's back was to the camera. Jackie walked up and Steve said "allow me to introduce you to Dr. Noah Drake" (ok, maybe not exactly those words..LOL) THEN HE TURNED AROUND andI saw his face! My breath caught in my chest. It was love at first sight. It did not take me long to find out that that gorgeous man was none other than Rick Springfield! I became is #1 fan.......my love has not faltered to this day! I still dream of the day he leaves his wife, and I find him on my doorstep.

How sad am I?

OK...fess up...who did it for you?

I am guessing you are about 37-40. The first one I thought of was Shawn Cassidy too. Never thought much of Erik or Andy though.

I would have to say my "First" teen idol was Donny Osmond. I remember being in 2nd grade and my mom signed me up to be in his fan club and I got a pillow case with his picture on it. Istill have that pillow case too. Can't seem to part with it even though he does little for me these days. LOL

I'm as bad, if not worse :p

My list went as follows:

Donny Osmond
David Cassidy
Davy Jones of the Monkees
Tony DeFranco

Then I hit my teens and my list progressively changed:

John Travolta (Vinnie Barbarino!!)
Either Starsky or Hutch, take your pick
Barry Manilow
Barry Gibb of the Bee Gees
Andy Gibb

Then came the 80's and 90's:

Rick Springfield
John Waite
Jon Bon Jovi
Toby Keith
Billy Ray Cyrus

:crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

Disneyfan, I would guess we about the same age. My list would be identical to yours except that I would replace Erik Estrada with Parker Stevenson!

giggle what a fun thread!

I thought rick springfield was a hottie! He still looked great last time I saw him on tv in something.

Okay, here goes. mine are really obscure lol First one, not so much.

Simon Le Bon from Duran Duran was a cutie. but I really, really, really freaked over a guy named Pal Waaktaar who was a guitar player for Norwegian super group a-ha (Take on me was their hit in the 80's) He wrote most of their songs and i thought that he was absolutely dreeeeamy. he still writes great songs now that he's in his 40's.

Also crushed on: Jack Wagner (Frisco Jones on GH, *giggle*)

My sisters crushed on Donnie Osmond, Sean Cassidy, Dirk Benedict (Battlestar Galactica) and Mark Hamill LOL.

i'm sure others will come to me!

geek

:p

My teen idol was:

Johnny Depp - first saw him on Nightmare on Elm St./21 Jump St....OMG!!!!! :lovestruc

as I got a bit older, I got into the phase of "heavy metal" music, I fell in love w/ Bret Michaels (Poison-Every Rose Has It's Thorn)...ahh..those were the days....:cloud9: :love: Hee hee...

Disney1fan2002~I felt just like that the first time I saw Rick Springfield.....now when ever I see him I feel like a teenager again:faint:

The rest o fmy list would be.....Shaun Cassidy, Scott Baio & Parker Stevenson:D

Some of you could be my sister! LOL...grwoing up, we liked the opposite of a pair. In the Hardy Boys, I loved Shawn, she loved Parker. In Chips, I loved Erik and she was in love with his partner..what was his name? She loved Simon LeBon of Duran Duran while I was wrapped up with Rick and his music.

Want to know who she had a cruch on?? You are going to die laughing...she was in her teens, think William Shatner AFTER Star Trek. HE did a show in the 80's..I forget the name, but he was middle aged and over weight! She adored him! LOL

I forgot about Dirk Benedict!...Which reminds me of Face from A-team...and later, in my 20's, Scott Bakula for Quantum Leap...aaahhhh.

I never saw anything in Johnny Depp...from 21 Jump Street...it was Peter Deluise. HE was a hottie!

I'm a bit younger......I'm 32 and I loved Michael J. Fox as a young teen. Even younger was Menudo and Ricky Martin.

Now as I got older it was the Heavy Metal Groups although the only one I really crushed on was Bon Jovi.

Wow every concert imaginable I went to back then,
Cinderella, Bon Jovi, Van Halen (w/David Lee Roth of course!), Warrent, Poison, Ozzy, Lita Ford, Guns N Roses and the absolute best concert EVER was Def Leopard with Aerosmith running a close second.........sigh those were the days!!

This thread brings back memories:

My walls started off with Rob Lowe, Jack Wagner, Rick Springfield, then Duran Duran took over and they covered my walls. As I got into my teen years, Duran Duran was replaced by hair bands, I had Bon Jovi (still my favorite band 21 years later), Motley Crue, Poison, Whitesnake, etc.

All these years later I still listen to and love both Bon Jovi and Duran Duran.

Originally posted by Kim&Chris
I'm as bad, if not worse :p

My list went as follows:

Donny Osmond
David Cassidy
Davy Jones of the Monkees
Tony DeFranco

I remember Tony DeFranco (Heartbeat is a lovebeat) wasn't that how that song went?

Mine:

Scott Baio (I even got to kiss him at the Auto show in Dallas sometime in the late 70's early 80's);

Leif Garrett (remember getting trampled at Six Flags to try and get front row, ended up third row);

Johnny Depp (loved 21 Jump Street); and of course

was a big General Hospital fan so I also liked Rick Springfield and Jack Wagner.

My list was always different from everyone else's although I do see a few Parker Stevenson fans here!

1. Mac Davis
2. Parker Stevenson
3. David Soul
4. Andy Gibb
5. the blonde guy from the Bay City Rollers, Derek I think??

I can remember covering my bedroom walls with pictures cut from Teen Beat and Tiger Beat magazines! :p

When I was a teenager, my crushes were definitely all of the New Kids on the Block, and Corey Haim.

As far as a teen idol, I'd have to say Debbie Gibson was who I wanted to be!

Oh man, that's so sad!

John Schneider from the Dukes of Hazard (Bo Duke).

I had a nightgown that said "My *heart* belongs to Bo":o

All of you sound like my Mom. She still has her Erik Estrada Chips doll, except one of his boots it lost in the garage. Then there's her Vinnie Babareno puzzle,which I have taken from her :teeth:

Mine are 90s based:

Jonathan Taylor Thomas (Home Improvement)

Devon Sawa (Movies: Little Grants, Casper)

Billy Corgan (Musician: Smashing Pumpkins)

Gary Hall, jr. (Olympic swimmer: 1996, 2000, 2004)

Christian Bale (Little Women)

BTW ... I idolized Tori Spelling

Since I'm a teen NOW...my 4 biggest -

Cody(American Chopper :lovestruc )
Chad Michael Murray
Orlando Bloom
Lenny Krayzelburg

I also love Johnny Depp. Yes, he's much older than me...like, old enough to be my father, but he's hot. And Val Kilmer, who is also old enough to be my father...but him in Top Gun :eek: Wow. ::yes::

MacGyver / Richard Dean Anderson!! Absolutely!!

(Shh -- and I still have a crush on him in Stargate. Don't tell DH. LOL!!)

lol this is a great topic.

My childhood teen idols were

1. Michael Jackson

2. River Pheonix (I cried when he died)

3. New Kids on the Block (Jordan was my favorite)

4. Name a cute male star from the 80's and I probably had at least one pic of him up on my wall lol.

Definitely was Leif Garrett first and foremost. In 7th grade you could not like both Leif and Shaun Cassidy; it was a huge rivalry! Ahhh to be 13 again. Hey! Maybe that's why I liked Jennifer Garner's movie, lol.

I can't believe noone posted that Rick Springfield was arrested and charged with battery against his wife. I don't recall if the charges were dropped or what happened because those aren't the things usually covered - only the sensational stuff.

I did like Rick and actually attended two of his concerts ('82 & '83) at Merriweather Post. In '83 we sat in the 3rd row and the view was fantastic. I listen to an '80's station in the car and hear his "Jesse's Girl" quite a bit.

Originally posted by Maleficent13
John Schneider from the Dukes of Hazard (Bo Duke).

I had a nightgown that said "My *heart* belongs to Bo":o

Classic! My friend Kelley was a Bo fan, but I was partial to Luke (of course, have you seen Tom Wopat lately? Not a good choice for longevity;) )

Although probably my first crush was Mark Hamill as Luke Skywalker (are you following the "Luke" theme...). A few years ago I tried to remember what I saw in him, then I rewatched the movie...there is a moment when he is in the desert looking into the sunset with the wind whipping through his feathered hair...that reminded me. It's still a great shot. And, of course, Kelley was a Han girl (she chose better in both contests!!! Look at Harrison Ford today!!!)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter