• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

who was there on presidents day (monday)?

and this is why i say each park should let in a limited amount of people or double the prices so most wouldnt be able to afford. that way us addicts will be able to enjoy even more HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA :goodvibes

We were also at MK on Monday. Yes, it was wild but this was our second Presidents Day week and we have gotten used to the crowds. We arrived at openning and rode (or Fastpassed) Buzz, Space Mountain, Pooh, Phantasmic, Haunted Mansion, and Pirates all before 11:00 am. The whole week was like that but we made most opennings and avoided the rush.

Right around President's Day is the start of "Spring Break Season" that lasts until about 2 weeks post-Easter, wherever it happens to fall that year.

Wow! :scared1:I contemplated going to WDW over President's Day, but dumped the idea and went on a cruise instead. The cruise kind of sucked because the weather was so bad, but I would take that over the crowd levels everyone is reporting.

Too funny...we just came back too. We were there from Tuesday the 9th to today...Feb. 19.

We did MK on Wed the 10th, Epcot on Saturday the 13th and AK on Tuesday the 16th.

Have to say...we thought it was busy but not too bad. We followed the touring plans recommendation for which park on what day and were there at each park for opening. We didn't wait more than 10 minutes for any ride....did all we wanted and utilized the fast passes as much as possible.

Truly...we took our time and saw everything and didn't feel crowded. That being said, a lot of people were showing up at 11am or after and surprised to have to wait in long lines. By 11am we had seen half of each park and by then the lines were over an hour for popular rides. But we didn't care since we did all the rides we wanted first and then took our times with shows, hands on things, etc..

I think on weeks like this past one getting there at opening is crucial if you don't want to spend most of your time waiting.

We go this week every year and it is a busy week. This may have been more busy than usual, but it was certainly manageable for us.

I am happy to hear you disney vets say it was crowded. We were there all week and had a great time (esp since I was a maniac about getting us to rope drop) but I was pretty shocked by the crowds. I thought maybe my gauge was off (haven't been since the 90s). Looking at the mobs and also at the overflow at Calif Grill, etc., it was easy to ask "what recession?" Now DH wants to go back, but I said the next "uncrowded" time is prob Sept or Nov, possibly early May. Am I right?

When President's Day and Mardi Gras fall in the same week it's never a good thing. We went several years ago when they coincided, and it was really crowded. We have gone several years for Mardi Gras, and while it is crowded, it is not anywhere near the combo-crowd.

My BIL went a few years ago when they overlapped (2006? or 2007?) and he said is was a mad house! I went last year for Mardi Gras (it was the week AFTER Pres Day/Week) and while it was not an empty park, it was much better than when I usually visit in June. When I saw where MG and Pres Day fell this year, we skipped it but will be back next MG, it falls a few weeks after PD.

Is the downturn in the economy only affecting Americans? We thought that there were more foreign people at WDW last week than there were Americans.
I wonder if other parts of the world are doing OK financially that they are able to take a trip overseas.

We got a pin code for 40% off, so you couldn't beat $144 a night at the AKL. It was interesting, however, to add up all the other costs of our trip. It can really get expensive once everything is all said and done. For us, the biggest expense would have to be the park tickets.

I hope everyone still had a great time during the busy President's Day week. My kids were still in school so we chose the week before. We had great crowds! I simply couldn't imagine waiting 45 minutes for IASW! That ride was a walk-on during our Feb. 4-10 trip.

Presidents Week this year was far more busy than last year. I think we may switch to DL next year for the week.

MY DD and I were at MK on Monday too -- It was so crowded that we rode Haunted Mansion and explored Tom Sawyer's Island (I have never seen TSI so crowded! Wait to go across the barrel bridge? What?) :upsidedow

After that we left and went down 192 to play putt-putt.

My husband works for a large time share resort in Orlando and starting last Friday all through this week they are at 95% occupancy. After this weekend up until spring break/ Easter they drop to about 30% expected occupancy.

Ahh! So good to hear! We are heading down a week from today and I have been nervous since hearing of the high crowds this week!

I was there too! Not in the MK but in DHS, and I'd say it was packed there too. However, yesterday, Friday, DHS was almost empty, and Epcot was very crowded.

-pwmitch237

I was there too! Not in the MK but in DHS, and I'd say it was packed there too. However, yesterday, Friday, DHS was almost empty, and Epcot was very crowded.

-pwmitch237

One great thing was there were lots of Who Dats in the parks!

I was at MK yesterday (Friday) and was a bit "confused" by the crowds. There were definitely a lot of people walking around (I was glad I didn't have to manuever a stroller!) but there seemed to be a lot of ebb and flow at the rides. Space Mountain, Thunder Mountain and Peter Pan(??? this never had long lines when I was a kid!) all held strong at 80-90 minutes for the day, but everything else was doable without FP if you timed it right. For example, at one point Small World was 35 min. and an hour later it was 10. Yet, when Small World, Peter Pan and Pooh were all posting long waits, Dumbo was only 20 minutes. :confused3And, for the first time in my life I saw a line at the TTA! :scared1:But, we walked right into Mickey's Philharmagic and Monsters Inc. and had no trouble finding a spot to watch the stage show at the castle, Wishes and the parade and 30 min before Spectro started there were tons of spots on Main Street. Personally, if I had to rate it, I'd say 7 or 8, but it seemed more like a 10 at times and then a 4. Who knows?

now that i am out of the "battle zone" lol. i agree with smallworld. it was very ebb and flowy. it was packed all day then after the fireworks and parade it was perfect! no waits for anything. oh and i was pushing a wheelchair around with ashley in it (twisted her knee) so i had some near accidents. i do believe i ran over a ladys foot, but she stopped suddenly in the middle of the road to read her map?!?!?!?! i guess i was following to closely behind her lol. :goodvibes

Just returned with 16 teenagers, 7 chaperones and 2 under the age of 6. We participated in the YES program. The crowds were thick. I'm planning next years trip for our September or spring break. I wasn't thinking about mardi gras when we booked! But we still had a blast!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter