Who was at DL last week?

PineapplePrincessCA

Mouseketeer
What were the crowds like last week? We're going tomorrow through Wednesday and just trying to get an idea what to expect.

A friend of mine went one day last week and said it was PACKED.... yet the lines for the rides were short! :confused3

I was there Monday last week and thought the crowds were fairly light. Lines for rides were moderate.

We were there last week. Sunday had the lightest crowds, I am guessing because the weather was bad. Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday were very crowded but rides were fine if using FP. Thurs. and Fri. were also crowded- Friday feeling the heaviest.

We are here now. We spent most if the day in DCA yesterday. It was busy but not packed. We got a lot done early in the day. We went to DL around 5 and it was packed. I couldn't take it so we went back to DCA.

We were there last Saturday and Sunday. Early in the day, both parks were fine, after about 1pm they became packed. I think you are right about trying to get most stuff done early. Then you can come back later for the shows.

It's Sunday and we are here now. Friday and Sat we're jam packed of course.
Spent most of our time at DCA and that was fantastic.

cars Land is adorable. Rode RSR and that is great. Really well done. Single rider line is the way to go. Less than 30 min wait when standbys was 110 min.

Another cool thing---PhotoPass photons stationed all over and taking great shots. So many fun photo ops. Lots of Christmas stuff too. If you are a PP fan you will like how they blanketed the place.

We expect much lower crowds for the next few days. I think my tour ap said 4.2.

I found it was decent all week until Saturday...I stupidly planned out last day for Saturday and we had to leave the park by 6 because I couldn't handle the crowds or standing in those lines.:scared1:

I guess I'm more concerned w/ what the crowds were like Mon - Thu last week. Just trying to compare it to tomorrow - Wednesday. Weekends are a whole different ball game. :upsidedow

I know nobody has a crystal ball... just trying to get an idea what to expect in terms of line waits.

For those who were there Mon, Tues, Wed, or Thu last week, how long of a wait were the rides?

Thanks!! :cheer2:

We were in the parks tues-thurs. Crowds weren't that bad. You can get a lot done first thing in the morning with shorter wait times and later in the evening when the parade is going on as well as the CP. We did MM on Tuesday and got on 6 rides in FL before heading over to DCA at park opening to get in line for FP for RSR. We got in 5min after opening and I was at the end of the street and got a return time of 105-205. I will say that it was less crowded then last year the same. I feel like we got more done and more rides in then last year. Or maybe it was because we had one less day to do everything we wanted to with Disney taking away 6+ day hoppers. We got to do a lot of rides twice in a row also since wait times were less than 20 min... Star tours, teacups, autopia, dumbo, Buzz, BTMR Winnie, HM, Pirates. In DCA crowds were bigger. Main attractions had wait times of 25+ but still reasonable. RSR was down a lot. One day they had a sign out that it wasnt opening till noon! I highly suggest getting a FP since you never know when it will break down. At least your sure to get on at some point. Again, crowds were smaller in the morning, picked up in the afternoon and slowed down in the evening again. Hope this helps a little!

We were there last Sunday through Thursday and would say it was busier than historically it was during that week BCL (enforce cars land), but not unbearable. CL had 40 minute waits for Luigis and Mater and without FP RSR was 2 hours.

Toy Story Mania was also very long, but everything else in CA was pretty quick, 10-20 minutes.

DL had longer lines, do we fast passed everything we could there and did FL first thing on our MM (and got it all done in just under an hour). We didn't go back after that because it was too crowded in FL.

It felt really crowded on Thursday, but there were lots and lots of little kids and strollers, so lines weren't any longer, just felt more crowded.

Yep and it's not going to let up either...I knew that come fall The crowds were going to be way worse than they have in the past I knew it wasn't going to get any better because of cars land...this is what I've been saying all along When everybody thought they were in the clear because summer came and the crowds weren't that horrible I knew that it was just because everybody was waiting till the weather cooled down and they were going to come like a swarm of bees and I was rights lol

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

We arrived in late afternoon on Tuesday, 12/4. It was very pleasant that afternoon and evening. Walked right into Haunted Mansion. Wednesday morning, with early entry to DCA, we went right back to TSMM, loaded on the handicapped side. When we were back to unload, no one was waiting, so the CM asked us if we wanted to go again. YEAH! We then rode Sreamin' with no wait. While my sisters went to get breakfast as Flo's, I waited in line for FPs for RSR. Our return time was around 2:30. We saw the CP at 7:30 on Wednesday night (amazing!)

Thursday was busier than Wednesday. We wanted to ride Space Mountain, and even though we had FPs, we needed the handicapped entrance and that line looked really long.

Friday was our "sleep in" day since we were checking out. By the time we were eating dinner at Naples in DTD @ 4:30, we were amazed at the # of people getting off of the parking lot trams!

All in all, it was busier than we thought it would be. But early in the week should be better than later this week too.

We hoppped back and forth between DL and DCA last Tuesday. Seemed like there was a lot of people there, but the lines were really short . . . except for RSR of course.

We went to DL on Friday. We didn't get started until almost 11am. I'd say the lines were moderate until late afternoon and than it was a zoo! It wasn't that bad though. I hate crowds and get anxious sometimes and I was just fine.

We were there Tuesday through Saturday and also thought the crowds were pleasantly light on the weekdays. Almost everything was walk on or close to it with hardly anything more than 20 minutes (except RSR). This was really nice especially because we had our toddler with us for his first trip to DL.

We were playing in the Park (DL) all day Monday and I would say the crowds were exactly as your friend stated: lines were not bad, but the park was very busy.

We went to find a spot for the parade an hour beforehand. Main Street was packed, benches were all taken, curb was full, etc....

We went an hour and a half prior to fireworks to Main Street. We were a large group (8). Curbs and benches were completely gone. One unusual thing that I think made it a bit worse (but not to blame for most of the crowds) was that due to Candlelight, the entire Hub area is not available to "normal" guests. So that eliminated about 50 spots.

The Park had a busy feel to it, but the lines were not "OH MY GOSH!" by any stretch. Just about everything (even Space Mountain) was under 30 minutes most of the day.

I hope that helps, but I am not sure that it is an indicator of anything as I would expect crowds to be growing every day as we get closer to NYE.

- Dreams

I was there on both days last weekend and it was busy. The best thing to do is arrive at park opening. We did Cars land both days and found that we could squeeze in all of Cars Land, plus many rides at both parks, before noon, when it really got slammed. Before ten, we walked on to most things, 10-12 there were short waits and then it was very busy.

We took a nap in the afternoon on sat, returning to Disneyland at night..where it was busy, but manageable. The biggest crowds were at the fireworks and Fantasmic, where is to be expected, but it also becomes a nightmare to navigate.

On Sunday, we went home at two, since we had basically done everything and the parks were getting really bad.

No matter the crowds, have a great trip!

http://www.alwayspackedforadventure.com

I was there Monday last week and thought the crowds were fairly light. Lines for rides were moderate.

We were there last week. Sunday had the lightest crowds, I am guessing because the weather was bad. Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday were very crowded but rides were fine if using FP. Thurs. and Fri. were also crowded- Friday feeling the heaviest.

Funny everyone's different impressions......and agree with second post., differences might also mean 1st post was in the right place at the right time..... We are AP's and went 3,4,5
We thout much more crowded than we anticipated. We go every year in December but retrospectively we have not went the monday after 1st weekend in December. We still. Had a great time but we thought it was a bit crowded. We managed fine as since we are AP's we just moved along to another ride if line was too long. Worst was CA on Monday as at one time screaming, rsr, goofus flying school, toy story were down-- well they might have not all been down at exact second together but we left rsr to go to toy story and then toy story went down after we got off then we went to flying school- it was down and then ran into someone at little mermaid that said screaming was down and also logged as down on my iPhone ap. Lines for the other rides were long and I only guessed as due to too many rides down possibly. We left and went to DL. Most rides were 15 min.

We can't complain though as we went on RSR nine times, might have been 10 but for sure 9. Tires were not fun- wanted a refund :). Mater wasn't for me either only because I don't like teacups, etc, but good ride for those that do, tires just left me with:confused3, ?? Are you serious?

Parades, fireworks, etc were full but not jam packed. We went on grizzly 3 times and didn't have to get off- no one else foolish enough to get wet but we were in our swimsuits.....
We had fun but will push our trip into the second week next year , not sure if candlelight increased the crowds with AP's going that wouldn't have otherwise??
We had a great time!

Wednesday and Thursday last week weren't bad, but the parade was very crowded early... Get a seat at least an hour before. Friday was fine until noon, at least on the dca side. Then I felt it was very very crowded the rest of the weekend.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter