Who wants to share their plans for Dec 24/25?

Wendydagny

Mouseketeer
If you are crazy enough to be going that week, that is!

I'm trying to piece our plans together, and am curious what the "experts" are doing.

Right now, I have us in the MK on Christmas Eve, with a lunch FP+ at BOG and a late dinner at California Grill to view wishes. We will take a break at the resort in the afternoon. I did have a breakfast planned at Ohana, but then Disney had to go and push back park opening to 7 am! Still debating if I am going to cancel and make it to EMH/Rope drop. Our FP+ selections are for Space, Splash, and to meet Ariel.

We'll spend Christmas Day at DHS, with lunch at 50's Primetime. FP+ are for TSMM, RNR, and the BAB show. Our current dinner plan is to head over to a relaxing meal at Jiko. Though I think I have changed that at least ten times in the last two weeks!

Anyone else want to share?

My instinct would be to make that EMH in order to get some things done that were important to me, then have kind of a relaxing day later using my FP+. Love the dinner plans. Where are you staying? You might want to consider whether you'll get back in once you leave if the park fills to capacity.

We are going to open MK on the 24th. We have a Lunch ADR at LTT, then straigh back to BWV for a rest. After dinner at GFC we will make our way back over to MK to stick it out as long as we can stand. I hope that we won't be blocked out by a closure, but I have to think at some point the park will reopen headed into the night.

We are sleeping in on Christmas Day. Late breakfast at the YC, then lots of lazy day stuff around the resort. Maybe hit a mini-golf round at Fantasia Gardens. Dinner at BlueZoo and enjoy the evening ambiance around Crescent Lake. Early to bed so we can hit the MK again on the 26th.

I am certainly no expert . . . just a little crazy to be going during Christmas. :santa::hyper: Here are our plans:

24th - Early as possible into MK, then a later breakfast at Crystal Palace. Then we will hop over to AK where we have FP+ booked. Then the plan is to head back to the resort to relax a little and then we have dinner reservations at Le Cellier at 8:50pm.

25th - Early breakfast at Chef Mickey's, then it is kinda up in the air. We may go to MK or back to the resort (we are at the GF) then it is off to Epcot for a late lunch at the Biergarten (and I have FP+ for Epcot) then back to the GF for a late dinner at Narcoosees at (9:00pm) Hoping to be able to see the fireworks at the MK. And if we are feeling adventurous we may go to the MK if they have really late EMH there and just take in the ambiance.

We will see how that goes. We are going to be eating a lot on Christmas day. :eek:

We were in Disney for Christmas last year and we are returning for more! We found that the parks never got busy until after 11 am. The mornings were cool and very few people took advantage of the 7 am opening last year...except for Dec 25. We didn't get to MK until dinner time on Christmas Eve last year and had no problems with closures. We spent Christmas Day at Epcot and were lucky to have 2 express fastpasses since we had just joined DVC. We saw Cp that evening.

This year we are going to DHS for Christmas Eve. We have fastpasses for TSM, RNRC, and TOT then dinner at Mama Melrose. We will end the evening at the Osborne Lights. We have decided to lay low on Christmas Day. We have an adr at Kona for breakfast and Christmas dinner at WCC. In between, we will tour the resort decorations and possibly swim if the weather cooperates.

On Christmas Eve we will sleep in a little. We have our first FP+ at DHS starting at 10:30. Then lunch at Sci Fi for 2. After lunch we will hear over to MK. We have the Wishes Dessert Party that night.

On Christmas morning we have an 8:15 reservation for Crystal Palace. We have our 3 FP+. We plan on doing those and any shows, the parade. We then have a 5pm reservation for BOG. After dinner if we are still up to it we are heading to the studios for the Osbourne lights.

We've been down several times for Christmas and always do the Candlelight Processional on Christmas Eve. Christmas morning we have breakfast reservations at Rainforest Cafe. We may slip into AK for awhile and then head to Downtown Disney for a movie or Splitsville. We have dinner reservations at Citricos for 7:30. We usually avoid the parks on Christmas day. Hope you have a great time whatever you do.

Christmas Eve we're at Animal Kingdom with a breakfast ADR at Tusker House and FP+ for EE and the safaris and FOLK. We're leaving early to tour the Christmas decor at the GF, then a brief nap before dinner at the Yachtsman and back to our room.

Christmas Day we're at Epcot with breakfast at Akershus then the Candlelight Processional package at Garden Grill and Steven Curtis Chapman. We have early FP+ for Soarin', Test Track and Mission:Space and then we're just enjoying the people swarm until our early dinner ADR, LOL!

We will be at MK on the 24th. Of course, crowds will play a big part on what we actually do. We have three FP+ so we assume that won't be a problem. Lunch at Liberty Tree with a noon ADR. We will leave the park for a 6:30 pm ADR at Yachtsman. If we can re enter, we will go back to MK for night parades and fireworks. If not, we will visit the resorts to take in the decorations. From years of going to WDW for Christmas week, we have learned that being flexible with a plan B always helps things stay magical.
We are spending Christmas Day at AK, as we figure everyone will be at MK or Epcot. We have a breakfast ADR at Tusker House and a late lunch at Yak and Yeti hopefully at a table with a view of the parade. We have FP + for FOLK, and Nemo. Again crowds will determine what else we do. Probably, wander the trails and visit Rafiki's. We will leave in time to go to DTD for a 9:45 ADR at Paradisco and then walking and taking in the atmosphere at DTD. Our success had always hinged on having two plans and having expectations that it will be very crowded.

Just bumping up to see if anyone else has anything to add. Love to see what others plans are for Xmas Eve and Day. :santa::santa:

We're staying at the BWI and we're going to Epcot on Christmas Eve. We've got FP+ and then a CP reservation at Tokyo Dining at 4.40pm. We've never eaten here so are really looking forward to it. After the CP we're hoping to catch Illuminations before a stroll around the Boardwalk before returning back to the hotel.

We'll be up at 6am on Christmas morning and at MK for opening (as we have done for the last three years) and hopefully riding SM by 7.05am! This has become our Christmas morning tradition. We've got FP+ and will also try to do as many attractions as possible. We'll then make our way to the bottom of main street to watch the parade and then we'll leave the park.

We've got an ADR for lunch at Beaches and Cream and if the weather permits will spend the afternoon around the pool and will send a few Christmas texts to family back home in the UK! We've got an ADR for dinner at YSH to round off what should be a great Christmas Day!

On the 24th we will be up early to hit a park (not sure which one yet) then later in the afternoon we will be at Epcot where we have FP+ reservations and a 6:30 dinner reservation at La Hacienda.

On Christmas day we will do the present thing in the morning and then head to AK for our FP+ reservations. We have dinner reservations at Citricos at 7pm that night.

We are the crazy ones... we havn't been on xmas since 1997 - things were much different back then! We will be at Narcoosees at 8 pm on the 24th after a RD morning in MK with our 3 FP+ - then back to the Lodge to swim or hang by the fire places - we are bringing little cake houses - we always decorate a christmas (cake) village on the 24th! Who even is up for post wishes fun in MK will head over with me. I have very fond memories of xmas 1996 riding splash mtn over and over again on xmas eve w my 3 sisters. We must have ridden at least 15 times - sometimes we didn't even get out!

On xmas day I am kind of stumped. We have breakfast at the lodge and then our fp+ at the MK start at 11 .. I want to be in the park and forgo nap time for the 2 year old bc we have ADR at CRT at 5:50 that night and I am afraid we will get shut out! (any advice here?) If everyone is up for it we will head to studios to check out the lights until midnight. This is all just a PLAN - who knows what we will encounter!:crowded:

Christmas Eve will be our final of 5 nights of Park/resort hopping - AK (1), Contemporarhy (1), and Beach Club (3 nights). We plan to get up reasonably early and enter EPCOT at the International Gateway. We plan Soarin using standby at RD or maybe pulling FP-. We have FP+ reservations for Test Track and Spaceship Earth in the morning. We may also do Mission Space on FP- or standby.

We plan lunch at counter service at World Showcase (maybe fish/chips, or possibly Morroco) or... back to Beach Club for lobster roll, or lunch by the pool. Couple of hours at the pool - shower, and then around 3:00PM, DH or 20 year old son will head back over to WS and America Gardens to hold a place in standby for Candlelight processional.

Rest of family will show up around 4:00PM - while the kids walk around, DW will get some cocktails (Limoncella Martini from outside of France) and we will hang out and take in the sights in line. Candlelight Processional from 5:00 to 5:40. Then over to land for Soarin FP+, and then encore Test Track for FP- (collected in the morning) or single rider line. We have 8:00PM dinner reservations for Akershus but if a "more preferred" restaurant like Teppan Edo,, Tutto Italia, or LeCellier opens up, we will go there. Illuminations at 9:30.

Christmas day, we leave Beach Club and drive over to Ming Court on I Drive for a Dim Sum Brunch. After that, we will check into the Hard Rock and spend the day there at pool before going out to Dinner either at the Palm there or a Thai Restaurant on Idrive. OK, while we are at it, Universal Studios on 26th, Islands of Adventure on the 27th, and then home on 28th.

Finally, if the temperature is well into the 80s we may go hang out at Typhoon Lagoon on Christmas day but we will play that one by ear...

December 24th we will be heading to AK for the morning. Then back to the hotel for naps (we have a 2 year old), and Ohana at 4:55. After dinner we're going to head over to the Grand Floridian to look at the Gingerbread house, and if the 2 year old can make it we'll watch Wishes on the beach at the Poly. If he's too cranky we'll head back to the hotel.

December 25th is Epcot. We scheduled FP+ from 10-11 for Soarin, Mission Space 11:40-12:40, and TT from 12:50-1:50. We have Coral Reef at 2 and then Candlelight Processional that evening.

All plans subject to change based on toddler meltdowns.

December 24th we will be heading to AK for the morning. Then back to the hotel for naps (we have a 2 year old), and Ohana at 4:55. After dinner we're going to head over to the Grand Floridian to look at the Gingerbread house, and if the 2 year old can make it we'll watch Wishes on the beach at the Poly. If he's too cranky we'll head back to the hotel.

December 25th is Epcot. We scheduled FP+ from 10-11 for Soarin, Mission Space 11:40-12:40, and TT from 12:50-1:50. We have Coral Reef at 2 and then Candlelight Processional that evening.

All plans subject to change based on toddler meltdowns.

We have almost exactly the same plans! Only difference is that we're eating at Garden Grill for CP and we're saving Wishes for the Dessert Party on the 26th and we're hitting the GF for the gingerbread house after we leave AK on the 24th, but before we head to dinner at the Yachtsman. Merry holiday!!!!

We plan to be at MK on Christmas Eve and SeaWorld on Christmas Day
Staying offsite so no EMHs, FP+s or ADRs for us!

We're starting Christmas Eve at Epcot (RD), lunch ADR San Angel Inn. Then in the afternoon switching over to DHS for dinner at 50's Prime Time, and checking our the lights and Fantasmic. :)

Christmas Day is MK, which has become our tradition (we've done it once in 2011, lol), and we'll be there EARLY. Then we have brunch ADR's at 1900 Park Fare, then back into the park. Would LOVE an ADR for B.O.G. that evening, but so far have not been successful. But that's ok! It's still going to be a FANTASTIC Christmas, even if we end up eating hotdogs and Mickey pretzels for dinner. =D

Your plans are almost exact as ours! Mk christmas eve day. Bog for lunch. Over to epcot in the evening with adr at tuto italia. Hs on christmas day (ds and i may sneak over to mk for rope drop to say we were there). Primetime for lunch. We are looking forward to the whole trip. It is so magical at that time of the year.

Bill

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter