• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Who wants a new World Showcase pavilion???

MickeysBFF

"It all started with a mouse"-Walt Disney
Anyone else wish they would make another WS pavilion?I may be the only one that feels this way but I think the US pavilion is wasted space:sad2: and a cooler country could go in there.Anyone else agree?
So what pavilion would you want?:scratchin

Australia / New Zealand for sure. The food, culture, etc.

If done right, it could easily be my favorite.

Anyone else wish they would make another WS pavilion?I may be the only one that feels this way but I think the US pavilion is wasted space:sad2: and a cooler country could go in there.Anyone else agree?

I'm not sure that you will receive a lot of support for the concept of a "cooler country" than the United States and personally I think a World Showcase that is absent the United States would be sadly and bizarrely incomplete. In the Epcot Model, it is my understanding that the United States is "hosting" the other nations, hence it's place in the middle, and so its removal would also complicate that model.

That having been said, there is space available elsewhere in the WS where new countries could be added, and I would love to see a few new ones join. My preferences would be Brazil, to represent South America, India, as the world's second most populous nation, and possibly someplace like Russia or Greece because they are really cool and have wonderful cultures.

My preferences would be Brazil, to represent South America, India, as the world's second most populous nation, and possibly someplace like Russia or Greece because they are really cool and have wonderful cultures.

I've always wanted to see Russia in there. I've heard whispers about the possibility of putting Brazil in there, but you know how rumors can be.

I would like to see maybe India or Egypt would be different. it has to be something that is going to draw interest, i heard also as snitchesandmice posted that Brazil is a big possibility. :goodvibes

Funny I was just looking at Google Earth of the area yesterday. Seems like there is a lot of room for new countries although they do such a good job disguising it that you can't really tell from inside the park.

I like the Aussie/NZ, Brazil (think Carnival themed festival) and Greece ideas.

Since Disney wants partcipation and possibly sponsorship from the country itself I wonder how that would play with certain countries. You would think that Brazil would be an easy one. Greece - I wonder if their financial crisis would affect their desire to get involved. It might be a politically sensitive issue. With Russia - which Russia do you base the theme on? The Party line or Czarist Russia? OTOH these issues have been overcome in existng showcases so I'm sure it could be done.

:yay: I want a new on too.

My favorite ideas that have been floated around thru the years when this comes up are:
Australia/New Zeland
Spain
Brazil
Greece
Egypt

I do not think USA is wasted space I think it's a great representation of the host country and although the America Gardens goes un used for a few months at a time the Candelight Processional alone is worth that space being there, we also love the show in the America Pavillion and if WDW ever did away with Voices of Liberty my DH would have a fit. We see them a minimum of 3 times a trip.

Just curious, are you from the US?

The American Adventure is practically a "must do" for me every trip.

Here is a great link on the subject with pictures showing all the room/available plots (no need to level the US pavilion given it was supposed to be the feature attraction/show for World Showcase). http://www.yesterland.com/worldshowcase.html

You just beat me.

I was getting ready to post that. :)

I always hear people using that "they won't add new pavilions because they can't get government sponsors" line.

Wow, US pavilion not necessary? This is not going to end well.

The OP was just trolling for the reaction...........there are people around without the mind to start good threads, so they try to get attention with the trash they stated!

the funny part is this is a good subject to discuss.

AKK

About six months ago....Disney let a rumour out that they are in talks with Brazil, but my choise would be Aussie land!

AKK

:yay: I want a new on too.

My favorite ideas that have been floated around thru the years when this comes up are:
Australia/New Zeland
Spain
Brazil
Greece
Egypt

I like these also, but for some reason, I have always thought Australia would go great at Animal Kingdom.

I'm not sure that you will receive a lot of support for the concept of a "cooler country" than the United States and personally I think a World Showcase that is absent the United States would be sadly and bizarrely incomplete. In the Epcot Model, it is my understanding that the United States is "hosting" the other nations, hence it's place in the middle, and so its removal would also complicate that model.

That having been said, there is space available elsewhere in the WS where new countries could be added, and I would love to see a few new ones join. My preferences would be Brazil, to represent South America, India, as the world's second most populous nation, and possibly someplace like Russia or Greece because they are really cool and have wonderful cultures.

I agree with this. You need the USA there. Also, having a South American country would be ideal since it seems like all the other continents (minus Antartica) are covered. Oh yea, sorry Austraila... that would be cool too!

I know this is another subject altogether, but I also wanted to mention that instead of more countries, if they could add more rides to the countries already there is would be nice too.

About six months ago....Disney let a rumour out that they are in talks with Brazil, but my choise would be Aussie land!

AKK

Brazil would make a lot of sense given they could tie in the 2016 olympics and Obama also just significantly laxed the regulations on travel into the US from Brazil and other countries (The speech he gave at MK a few weeks ago).

Did Disney really let this rumor out? Any links?

1st, I think it's pretty short sighted to think that a celebration/representation of the United States in any "world showcase" type concept is "wasted space"

2nd, consider that MANY visitors to Epcot are not US citizens and might find it informative

The OP was just trolling for the reaction...........there are people around without the mind to start good threads, so they try to get attention with the trash they stated!

the funny part is this is a good subject to discuss.

AKK

I actually don't think she's a troll, I think she is a younger kid who phrased her question poorly and lacks the worldview that comes with life. But I agree it's a fun topic!

I like these also, but for some reason, I have always thought Australia would go great at Animal Kingdom.
As an Aussie I never really know how to take this when the subject comes up. Are people saying we aren't interesting enough as a country to join the World showcase, that the only thing going for us is koalas, kangaroos and wombats? I can understand somewhat why people think that but at the same time I think we'd have a great pavilion in WS. Don't think it would ever happen though, I think somewhere like Brazil or India is more likely.

Brazil would make a lot of sense given they could tie in the 2016 olympics and Obama also just significantly laxed the regulations on travel into the US from Brazil and other countries (The speech he gave at MK a few weeks ago).

Did Disney really let this rumor out? Any links?

I don't know of any links, but there were a few threads about it 6 months ago! try googling it

AKK

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter