Who thinks?

MunkyMe13

DIS Veteran
Who thinks that they should not do Haunted Holiday and just give Nightmare Before Christmas its own ride in Ca Adventures or something? I love Nightmare and The Haunted Mansion but I hate that they change the HM for Xmas... It looks cool and all but just doesn't do either justice... Thoughts???

I really like that idea! I love Nightmare Before Christmas, but have never seen HMH, because by the time I get out of school, it's prime crowd season, so we never go during the holiday season.

I think it would be a cool ride. It does seem silly to me to so completely transform HM for the holidays. Plus, I like HM, and would probably miss it if I went when HMH was up. And, Nightmare Before Christmas has a huge cult following. I think it could bring in a lot of money and more merchandising opportunities for Disney.

I absolutely agree. I can't really even remember what HM is like, b/c the first year we went back it was closed for decorating, and last year DS flipped out completely with the combo of the freaky Nightmare stuff and the jerky screaming people in the stretch room (grr), so he and I had to exit the ride right before getting on the car doohickeys.

I've never seen Nightmare, and never want to (DH loves it, though), so it does NOTHING for me.

I wish they'd just stop it! Because this year it will just have closed for decorations again, right before we get there! :mad:

I dont wanna be rude cause I know others like it, but I really cant stand the Nightmare before Xmas and i've only seen the HM during the Holiday, which was kinda neat and the ride was fun, but I think I would have enjoyed it a whole lot more in an original state which is why I cant wait to see it this summer without it being all decked out. The Nighmare before xmas should have a ride of its own even if its only temporary for the holidays.

Who thinks that they should not do Haunted Holiday and just give Nightmare Before Christmas its own ride in Ca Adventures or something?

I agree. It aggrivates me when it is changed to Nightmare Before Christmas. :mad: I like the movie and everything I just think they should leave Mansion alone and if they want to have a Nightmare ride they should just totally build a new one. Maybe it's just cuz Mansion is one of my fave's, and around Christmas I hardly go on it.:sad1:

I agree totally. I couldn't stand the Nightmare Before Christmas when I saw it in the theatres -- the bizarre characters did nothing for me!
When we went to DL last Feb the Haunted Mansion was closed and now we are going in October and I am not thrilled it will have the Nightmare overlay. Ick!!!

Me too! I do not like the makeover and miss the original ride. In fact I'll be planning my next DL vacation for February, just so I can see HM as I like it.

Is this only done at DL or do they do it at WDW too? I went to WDW two years ago in October and it was the original...

Wow, I'm surprised so many people don't like it! I loved it, when we saw it a few years ago in October. Kinda missed it when we went in the summer the following year.

But I would like to see it be it's own ride. Not because of the HM, we usually go in June too so we've seen the orginal LOTS. But because I enjoy the holiday version so much I think it deserves it's own ride. I'm not a huge fan of the movie either, I just think the ride is really cool.

Now when we go in October we'll be disappointed that Small World will be down for decorating. If you always go in October you'd never see it! But I guess that's the way it goes... I'd never step foot in that park at Christmas time, not worth those crowds!

I was actually surprised at how much I liked HMH when I went in Dec. I think I'd rather see IASWH go.

I really enjoyed it when we were there. I guess it might be cause I am so used to the HM that seeing something different in there was good.

WOW! I'm amazed so many people agree...when we were there last December, I was so bummed because HM had the holiday overlay. Having never seen the movie, we had absolutely no idea what was going on. But there seemed to be a whole clan of Tim Burton fans who absolutely were going bonkers...all decked out in NBC shirts and those funny beard hats, it was funny and I was glad for them because I really am into POTC and I know how crazy people think we are...but I missed my HM! When we were there the year before, they were taking off the holiday overlay so HM was closed. Thankfully we'll be there in just 3 short weeks and I'll get to see my beloved HM in all its original glory!

However...I do love the holiday overlay on IASW, that's cool!

Hm, well I like the haunted mansion holiday personally, so I'd rather they didn't get rid of it, but if they did open a nightmare before christmas ride then I'd be fine if they got rid of that on the haunted mansion but otherwise I'd like to see them keep it.

I have never seen the Haunted Holiday (not sure that that is what it is called) but I would love to one day. We caught a clip of it on the Disney Vacation Planning DVD & it looked really neat. That being said....I do really like the Haunted Manison as is & I would be really excited to see a Nightmare Before Christmas ride at California Adventures. A HUGE NBC fan here!

What do they do to it exactly? We saw the different decorations outstide a few years ago, but they weren't done yet. We thought they were changing it forever. Shows what I know. I feel like an expert now compared to that first trip I planned (two trips later, he he). :cool2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter